Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-18-2017, 10:39 PM   #1
Migueeela93

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS M6 Mosaic Black
Best supporting mods for Procharger? Help.

Having a procharger and most likely a cam dropped into my SS here soon and want to know what mods would compliment it and help make more power. Ported TB/IM? what headers you guys went with and why? Fuel system upgrades?? Thank you guys.
Attached Images

Old 02-18-2017, 10:58 PM   #2
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
1 Fuel delivery: LP ZL1 Pump + HP LT4 Pump + LT4 Injectors / + CAM & lash cap.
2 Meth, if you are into it and want to go further than No. 3.
3 Pistons.
4 Rods.
5 Bottom end.

Of course, pulleys and boost increase at each level, new tunes required each time. The Head unit is important, if you want to go higher than No. 2 get a D1SC or F1 SC, if not, the P1SC1 is just fine.

Good modding, my friend! Let us know how it goes.
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 11:06 PM   #3
Migueeela93

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post
1 Fuel delivery: LP ZL1 Pump + HP LT4 Pump + LT4 Injectors / + CAM & lash cap.
2 Meth, if you are into it and want to go further than No. 3.
3 Pistons.
4 Rods.
5 Bottom end.

Of course, pulleys and boost increase at each level, new tunes required each time. The Head unit is important, if you want to go higher than No. 2 get a D1SC or F1 SC, if not, the P1SC1 is just fine.

Good modding, my friend! Let us know how it goes.
Thank you!! Im going with the D1 in black finish with stage 2 intercooler. Gonna be aiming for 650-675.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:13 PM   #4
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

That is doable with either 1 or 2, but Meth is a pain IMO someothers think different, check the Meth thread.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #5
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
DO NOT port the TB or intake manifold.

That is a total waste of time and money.

The factory unit is already way behind big.
(I can make the same power at 800 rwhp, with the throttle half closed, LOL)
Remember you are forcing air thought it, not sucking.

Save your $$$ for the cam. .... they make some awesome gains.
Last cam I did was 100 rwhp on these cars.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:05 AM   #6
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Might I suggest you hold off for a while and drive your SS with the basic Procharger package, then think about mods.

I don't see any comment or background on why you want the extra power, so some careful thought on where you are going with this will pay off big time later on. With my basic E-Force I can spin the tires at 70 mph, so more power won't do me any good until I improve the overall package: wheels, tires, suspension, drivetrain, etc.

I've chased the "more power" thing many times in the past and wound up dissatisfied in the end. A daily driver with 550-625 hp at the wheels seems to be a good sweet spot for these cars. Headers or cams are not needed to achieve this power range. Costs go up exponentially with power levels, including breakage and maintainance

My only suggestion would be to make sure you get the stage II intercooler since your are from Texas.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #7
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
I'll be jumping off the Procharger deep end soon... I'd say if budget allows handle the Cam alongside the charger, I'm right at the brim of my budget counting a meth system. I will be avoiding the Cam for this round of upgrades and since the pistons start to give above 700rwhp, i've decided to run this power level for a while and upgrade my entire platform to either a ZL1 or equivalent instead, I'll eventually get tired of the 1SS, I know myself.

I was told Longtubes don't make a huge difference under 700whp (not enough to justify cost), and that if you're not going with the fuel system upgrade, at least run 100% meth. (seems to be consensus that you go with Alky instead of snow for straight meth)

Should make about 650 wheel depending on whether you have a dull fuel system or one of the more peppy systems.

I placed my order today. Will likely do a short build thread and post my experience.

I'm going with a p1 with helical gears, 3.7 pulley, stage 2 intercooler (cali lol), and Alkycontrol Meth system.

Long story short, listen to the procharger forum rep. He'll guide you proper
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:21 PM   #8
Migueeela93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
DO NOT port the TB or intake manifold.

That is a total waste of time and money.

The factory unit is already way behind big.
(I can make the same power at 800 rwhp, with the throttle half closed, LOL)
Remember you are forcing air thought it, not sucking.

Save your $$$ for the cam. .... they make some awesome gains.
Last cam I did was 100 rwhp on these cars.

Okay so what all do i need to run procharger and cam with no issues? I have the money for the cam and procharger, just waiting to see what all is needed in order to run good and not screw things up. Buddy fried ine of his spark plugs on a similar setup, what do you think? And thank you for responding!!
Old 02-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #9
Migueeela93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Ed View Post
Might I suggest you hold off for a while and drive your SS with the basic Procharger package, then think about mods.

I don't see any comment or background on why you want the extra power, so some careful thought on where you are going with this will pay off big time later on. With my basic E-Force I can spin the tires at 70 mph, so more power won't do me any good until I improve the overall package: wheels, tires, suspension, drivetrain, etc.

I've chased the "more power" thing many times in the past and wound up dissatisfied in the end. A daily driver with 550-625 hp at the wheels seems to be a good sweet spot for these cars. Headers or cams are not needed to achieve this power range. Costs go up exponentially with power levels, including breakage and maintainance

My only suggestion would be to make sure you get the stage II intercooler since your are from Texas.
Im going with the D1 with stage 2 intercooler. Thanks for the advice, really debating on the cam, but you are right, as this will be my first F1 car and first to make this much power. Any fuel system advice?
Old 02-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #10
Migueeela93

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
I'll be jumping off the Procharger deep end soon... I'd say if budget allows handle the Cam alongside the charger, I'm right at the brim of my budget counting a meth system. I will be avoiding the Cam for this round of upgrades and since the pistons start to give above 700rwhp, i've decided to run this power level for a while and upgrade my entire platform to either a ZL1 or equivalent instead, I'll eventually get tired of the 1SS, I know myself.

I was told Longtubes don't make a huge difference under 700whp (not enough to justify cost), and that if you're not going with the fuel system upgrade, at least run 100% meth. (seems to be consensus that you go with Alky instead of snow for straight meth)

Should make about 650 wheel depending on whether you have a dull fuel system or one of the more peppy systems.

I placed my order today. Will likely do a short build thread and post my experience.

I'm going with a p1 with helical gears, 3.7 pulley, stage 2 intercooler (cali lol), and Alkycontrol Meth system.

Long story short, listen to the procharger forum rep. He'll guide you proper
Thank you, im going with the D1 system. I have the money for it and cam, but having a hard time deciding if cam or not.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:14 PM   #11
thescreensavers

Drives: SW 1SS 1LE / Jeep XJ
With stock fueling on a basic procharger/supercharger kit making 550-600whp how stressed is the fuel system? Are we seeing near 100% IDC.

Are there any known fuel starvation problems at cornering with low fuel?
thescreensavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 09:10 PM   #12
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migueeela93 View Post
Thank you, im going with the D1 system. I have the money for it and cam, but having a hard time deciding if cam or not.
The CAM alone won´t assure that you can make more power, you have to combine it with LPP, HPP and Injectors, then you´ll be rolling.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:54 PM   #13
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Fwiw I dont have FI but I have been following the threads on FI on here very closely. People can definitely correct me if im wrong but it seems if you are basically bolting a supercharger onto essentially a stock motor, all you need is
supercharger + meth = 550 rwhp
supercharger + meth + e85 = 600 rwhp
supercharger + meth + e85 + fuel system upgrades + cam = 700 rwhp
if I were you i would just start with the supercharger and meth (and maybe e85) and see how it feels
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #14
Atomic Ed

Drives: 2001 Audi TT, 2016 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Migueeela93 View Post
Any fuel system advice?
Procharger will worry about your fuel needs for you if you use their tune. They don't want you damage your engine due to a bad tune from them. Another reason to stick with the basic setup for a first time FI user.
Atomic Ed is offline   Reply With Quote