Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #15
Desertdualsport

Drives: 2017 SS Fifty
Well, I put 20 miles on it on the freeway and the back roads and could not re-produce any problems. However, it also seemed like this the first time they reset the TCM. So, I will give it a few days of driving and see what happens......I find it hard to believe a Mobile 1 triple flush would fix anything, but you never know....
Desertdualsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #16
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Drives: 2023 SGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdualsport View Post
Well, I put 20 miles on it on the freeway and the back roads and could not re-produce any problems. However, it also seemed like this the first time they reset the TCM. So, I will give it a few days of driving and see what happens......I find it hard to believe a Mobile 1 triple flush would fix anything, but you never know....
I thought the same thing. How could a triple flush, new filter, and TCM reprogram fix it? But it did at least in my case. It took a good 200 miles for it to work itself out completely. I also notice the TCM update made the AFM work a little differently. Not sure how it even related but perhaps they updated the ECU as well?

I dunno, mine was fixed.
Megahurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:28 AM   #17
Turtle 2ss
TBC

Drives: 2017 Fifty 2ss
Same thing happened to me. Took the car to the dealer for a oil change. Told them to check out the trans because i felt a slips a little only 2 times. I never felt a shack or anything. Dealer called me and told he they test drove the car and there were a lot more wrong with the trans then i thought. They contacted GM on how to fix. Replace the converter or whole Tran. GM said update the Trans software. Problem solved. It feels alot better now. My only complaint before was when i would be slowing down. Downshift back into 1st gear was hard. Now thats gone.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:14 PM   #18
Desertdualsport

Good info - after the triple flush and filter, mine is still good for 100 miles. Still in trans learning though, so we will know within a week if it needs the converter or not.....

Thanks
Old 02-15-2017, 05:04 PM   #19
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertdualsport View Post
Good info - after the triple flush and filter, mine is still good for 100 miles. Still in trans learning though, so we will know within a week if it needs the converter or not.....

Thanks

For the record, I happened to be at my dealership today to redeem some accessory vouchers GM gave me for my troubles regarding my HMI. Anyhow I was talking to my Service Manager and he said 3 more Camaros came in right after me with the same problem. 2 of the 3 needed Torque Converter replacements but 1 did not. So out of all 4 (mine included) 2 needed to be replaced. The only thing in common was the cars that didnt need a converter mine, and 1 other had very low miles and reported the condition early. The other 2 had high miles (40,000+) and they did not seem to bring the car in for service until it got out of hand.

In summary, they believe the converter replacement may only be required on cars that do not address the issue quickly and it ends up damaging the converter. Since Mine was noticed, reported, and fixed all within 700 miles I don't seem to have any issues.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:39 AM   #20
Desertdualsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahurtz View Post
For the record, I happened to be at my dealership today to redeem some accessory vouchers GM gave me for my troubles regarding my HMI. Anyhow I was talking to my Service Manager and he said 3 more Camaros came in right after me with the same problem. 2 of the 3 needed Torque Converter replacements but 1 did not. So out of all 4 (mine included) 2 needed to be replaced. The only thing in common was the cars that didnt need a converter mine, and 1 other had very low miles and reported the condition early. The other 2 had high miles (40,000+) and they did not seem to bring the car in for service until it got out of hand.

In summary, they believe the converter replacement may only be required on cars that do not address the issue quickly and it ends up damaging the converter. Since Mine was noticed, reported, and fixed all within 700 miles I don't seem to have any issues.

Manufacture date of mine is 8/2016, and brought in at 400 miles for first reset, then 900 miles for triple flush. 2 days and still solid like yours.

I agree....some may just think it is normal and keep driving....I just knew it was wrong after a few hundred miles of break-in.....hopes up this thing doesn't need totally molested and torn apart!
Old 02-18-2017, 02:14 PM   #21
RedJewel2LT

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
I'm glad you guys are back to enjoying your Camaros. I will not have my car back till at least Monday which will mark 11 days in the shop. I have physically had the car 17 days. Most of that time I couldn't fully enjoy it because of the problems.

It is absolutely absurd that in 2017 these cars are having so many issues. I have called Chevrolet customer support, they have been 0 help and have not contacted me back when they said they would. I'm so frustrated, I just want a Camaro SS that works, is that too much to ask GM?
RedJewel2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 03:02 PM   #22
Desertdualsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2LT View Post
I'm glad you guys are back to enjoying your Camaros. I will not have my car back till at least Monday which will mark 11 days in the shop. I have physically had the car 17 days. Most of that time I couldn't fully enjoy it because of the problems.

It is absolutely absurd that in 2017 these cars are having so many issues. I have called Chevrolet customer support, they have been 0 help and have not contacted me back when they said they would. I'm so frustrated, I just want a Camaro SS that works, is that too much to ask GM?
Yea....I know how you feel. I haven't had the chance to start raising hell yet, let me know how it goes. Not the dealership's fault, but they are the liaison to get you taken care of.

So far, mine is still holding gear just fine.....tbd on the converter for mine I guess.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:50 AM   #23
Fifty 2SS

Drives: 2017 Fifty 2SS w NPP
Got mine back Friday from the dealership, They did the triple flush and filter change. Every thing seems fine right now. I guess we will see. At Serra in Nashville they said that they have not had any come in with these problems.
They said the rear diff groan is normal and they had not seen any problems with the MyLink when using the remote start.
Fifty 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:02 AM   #24
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Just read this entire thread. Was not aware of this issue.... Yes it SUCKS big time, but thanks to all who posted. Much appreciated. Now I will be more "aware"........
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:26 AM   #25
Immoralus

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS A8
I'm currently sitting in my dealership waiting for a loaner from enterprise with the same concern. I'm in a 2017 1ss a8 with less than 3k on the odometer. This is my 3rd time in here for the same issue.

First, they said nothing was wrong and I immediately reschedule to drive with the technician.

Second visit, I drove with a lead service manager and he immediately felt it. After waiting 4 days they returned saying they reflashed it. I drove 10 miles down the road and felt the symptoms again.

I am back several days later, hoping for a remedy. If it is not fixed this time I'm getting in contact with Chevy Customer Service.

I came from a 335, so I already have trust issue. This is the reason why I bought new to avoid having to sit in service.
Immoralus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #26
Megahurtz
Snackbar Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immoralus View Post
I'm currently sitting in my dealership waiting for a loaner from enterprise with the same concern. I'm in a 2017 1ss a8 with less than 3k on the odometer. This is my 3rd time in here for the same issue.

First, they said nothing was wrong and I immediately reschedule to drive with the technician.

Second visit, I drove with a lead service manager and he immediately felt it. After waiting 4 days they returned saying they reflashed it. I drove 10 miles down the road and felt the symptoms again.

I am back several days later, hoping for a remedy. If it is not fixed this time I'm getting in contact with Chevy Customer Service.

I came from a 335, so I already have trust issue. This is the reason why I bought new to avoid having to sit in service.

I hate dealers like this. Tell them to get their shit together and call GM to open a tech ticket. They will be told by GM to do the triple flush and filter change, update the TCM, and drive it 300 miles. If it still has problems they will be instructed to replace the torque converter.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:09 PM   #27
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Mine shows similar symptoms also. Mainly that sometimes the 1-2 shift isn't as smooth as the others. Haven't had any stuttering issues though. Guess I'll be taking it in sometime soon. Hate going to the dealer though.

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | TSP 1 7/8" Catted Headers | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:

Last edited by EMTNLSS; 02-21-2017 at 06:19 PM.
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:58 PM   #28
RedJewel2LT

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Finally after 12 days I got my car back. I've put about 10 miles on it and it seems better. No surging, no rumble. Just a stumble at idle but all of the V8s do that. It shifts a little differently but in a good way. Haven't had it on the highway yet but hopefully it be okay.
RedJewel2LT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017, auto, converter, shudder, trans