Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Phastek Performance

Old 02-21-2017, 08:23 AM   #15
blkchevyz

Drives: 94 z28 and 2017 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Idiocracy View Post
Updates to infotainment is BCM. Tuning the engine is ECM. Two different animals. I agree though, it's not a good idea to mess with the tune in case you have power train issues, it will be an issue.
so can the dealer tell if its been tuned? even if you flash it back to stock?

granted i dont even have 500 miles on the car yet but would be nice to tweak it a little... mainly get rid of skipshift.
blkchevyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:42 AM   #16
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
The mileage wont match so it will still be a dead giveaway
Can this not be adjusted somehow? Dealers replace ECMs on occasion, so surely there must be a way to make the mileage match. Although I couldn't update the original ECUs mileage without them noticing a flash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
You can not swap ECMs without a GM MDI Linked to sync all the modules in the car.
Such as this?
Old 02-21-2017, 11:46 AM   #17
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky Justice View Post
Can this not be adjusted somehow? Dealers replace ECMs on occasion, so surely there must be a way to make the mileage match. Although I couldn't update the original ECUs mileage without them noticing a flash...

Such as this?
Yes and a paid subscription/license from GM to use it and link up to their computers.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:09 PM   #18
Risky Justice

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Yes and a paid subscription/license from GM to use it and link up to their computers.
This is getting expensive pretty quickly...guess I'll just wait for my warranty to end

Props to the automotive industry for making it so hard to trick them I guess. There ought to be a way to spoof the service into thinking you have an account, just like cracks for computer software, but that's beyond me. Maybe one of these days someone with the knowledge will do it. From what I know, it involves creating a fake server for the device to communicate with, and then you tell your hardware to communicate with that fake server instead.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #19
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky Justice View Post
This is getting expensive pretty quickly...guess I'll just wait for my warranty to end

Props to the automotive industry for making it so hard to trick them I guess. There ought to be a way to spoof the service into thinking you have an account, just like cracks for computer software, but that's beyond me. Maybe one of these days someone with the knowledge will do it. From what I know, it involves creating a fake server for the device to communicate with, and then you tell your hardware to communicate with that fake server instead.
If you were footing the bill would you want to be tricked?
Old 02-23-2017, 09:58 AM   #20
Garys16SS

Drives: 2016 SS, BLACK, MANUAL
Quote:
If you were footing the bill would you want to be tricked?
AMEN!!!
1 7/8" headers and exhaust from Stainless Works complete with nonNPP mufflers and 5"outlets, Katech ported TB, Moroso catch can, MRR M017 polished powder wheels, Eibach lowering springs, and BMR upper/ lower trailing arms and upper control arms. ZL1/1le sway bars and Magnusson Supercharger with Jannetty tune. Stay Tuned!!!......More to come.
2014 Camaro Ashen grey, 3.6, 6 speed, Vararam intake, Elite catch can, chrome wheels, and Vitesse controller.
2003 SSR red,
2016 Vette
Garys16SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 05:56 AM   #21
Gen6Rs

Drives: 16 black RS
I just did the GMPP intake and dealer tune last night, with all the recalls I would rather keep my warranty for now. I'm sure Ill want to tweak more out of it soon though.
As for the current tune. It feels a little better throttle response and kicks into Performance shift quicker. I dont have to give much throttle to get it going. WOT seems to not be much different to me.
Gen6Rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:11 AM   #22
JANNETTYRACING

We are now stocking HPtuners VCM Suite Pro for those interested.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:10 PM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
So I have HP Tuners, but just went to read and download from the new ZL1 and it doesn't see it. I'm guessing I need to update my software from HPTuners since I can read other cars just fine.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:19 PM   #24
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
So I have HP Tuners, but just went to read and download from the new ZL1 and it doesn't see it. I'm guessing I need to update my software from HPTuners since I can read other cars just fine.
Could be something with the 2017 did you get the security pin yet?

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:24 PM   #25
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
If you download version 3.4 from the website you should be able to read a 2017. They also have a 3.5beta but you'd need to contact support and request that it be put on your customer page, it's not on the main page. You'll want to read the procedure for flashing a 2017 for the first time, should be a sticky in the forum.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:57 PM   #26
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
If you download version 3.4 from the website you should be able to read a 2017. They also have a 3.5beta but you'd need to contact support and request that it be put on your customer page, it's not on the main page. You'll want to read the procedure for flashing a 2017 for the first time, should be a sticky in the forum.
Thanks

I'm on V 3.2.9 currently

Edit: Just installed 3.4.89 and will check the forum but I'm not flashing anything right now anyway, just reading and data logging.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:25 AM   #27
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Thanks

I'm on V 3.2.9 currently

Edit: Just installed 3.4.89 and will check the forum but I'm not flashing anything right now anyway, just reading and data logging.
2017 need to get with support@hptuners.com.

You must be connected to the internet while reading, and save the VCM Suite info log and send it to support@hptuners.com

They will let you know when you can read and edit it.

Ted.