Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 02-21-2017, 07:53 AM   #1
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
LIL RORO!

Well I bought my 2017 1SS in December 2016 loved the car ever since. I've owned many Chevys in my life including a turbo 72 nova. This thread is going to follow my build adventures with the car. Current plans are drag wheels and tires, boost, then a built motor and more boost. And this will be driven daily. Pics and videos to follow.
Attached Images

Last edited by Turbo_RORO; 02-21-2017 at 05:38 PM. Reason: pics added!
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:03 AM   #2
Turbo_RORO

Took RORO to the track this Sunday here in Holt. The track prep was great. Weather wasn't the best with the DA averaging in the 1500+ range. But she was able to average a 7.8 1/8 mile time with a average mph of around 91 MPH. 60 foot wasn't bad averaging 1.8 sec. right now launching the car had is limited to the capabilities of the tires. Which surprisingly aren't bad with a small burnout and 28 psi.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:46 PM   #3
Turbo_RORO

Here she is at the track. not only was she the only 6th gen, but the only Camaro altogether. Here are my best three times of the day. please excuse the large, sideways pictures.
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2017, 05:52 PM   #4
Turbo_RORO

Well after last weekend I had a blast at the track. I feel like I got a good baseline of the cars performance in stock setup. Well I decided it was time to make some mods. This is what has been showing up over the last few days. I will do a detailed install. Which will include weight of the tires bare, weight of the wheels bare, the completed combo and the weight of the stock setup. The wheels are Race Star 17x9.5 (rear), 17x4.5 front, the rear tires are MT ET streets R 305/45/17 (rear), MT SR front 28x6x17 front.
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2017, 11:59 AM   #5
Centerforce_Clutches

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Nice! You aren't wasting any time getting her ready for the track. We're excited to see the new wheels and tires mounted.
Centerforce_Clutches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:15 PM   #6
Turbo_RORO

I will be mounting and balancing the wheel and tires this weekend. I will make sure to get plenty of pictures showing the weight before and after the work. I am also going to a "certified weigh station" to get some weights for the before and after.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:22 PM   #7
Turbo_RORO

Went to a local certified weigh station today. car in stock form with 1/2 a tank of gas weighed 3635. I don't think this is too bad as I've already got much lighter wheels and tires to install. I also weighed the wheels today. The fronts weighed 18 lbs, and the rears only weighed 23(this is without tires). So they are pretty light. I will weigh the car again once I get the new wheels installed.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:29 PM   #8
Turbo_RORO

Oh man finally installed my new wheels. Knocked it all out at my local hobby shop. Saved me a bunch of money. Only cost me $50. And I didn't even need to bring tools. Gotta say with the new wheels and tires, she doesn't like to spin anymore. Cant wait to take her to the rack tomorrow! Ill report back with the new times.
Attached Images

Old 02-25-2017, 06:31 PM   #9
Turbo_RORO

As can be seen I have no idea on how to post pics right side up. Ill look into that and make the corrections later. But as for now it time to prep for the track.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:44 PM   #10
Turbo_RORO

Well just got home from the track with the new wheel and tire combo. They worked great. And I learnd a lot. my average time was a 7.66 down from a 7.8 average last week. One thing I learned was, the 305 M/T do not need or like a big burnout to stick. Without a burnout I ran my fastest 60' of the day at 1.740. I am still only launching at 1800 RPM so she might have a little more. But as for right now she is still stock beside the tires. Bracket racing is definitely in her future.
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2017, 02:40 PM   #11
Turbo_RORO

Well I was out playing with the launch control today. Trying different things. Seems that track mode with Comp mode activated was the most consistent, but not the fastest. The fastest I was able to consecutively reach 0-60 was 3.8. But it was not my quickest. Also it is amazing how well the M/T's grip on the street before on the Goodyear tires it would still spin in the same mode with the launch. Not anymore. Cant wait to hit the track on Sunday.
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2017, 05:32 PM   #12
Turbo_RORO

Just a couple pics from the track. Little girl looking good!
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2017, 05:34 PM   #13
Turbo_RORO

Set a new time this night. Freaky Fridays @ Emerald Coast Dragway
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2017, 09:47 AM   #14
Turbo_RORO

Its been a while since my last update. But I have mad some progress. I have since converted to E85 and began tuning the car. I got out to the track yesterday. I ran a new fastest time. She is a very consistent car. I just may enter this coming weeks bracket race. I will post the slips. The track prep was great a usual and I got 10 passes is also as usual. I love Emerald coast dragway. Great track and staff.
Attached Images