Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #29
MarkZ

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
I'll find out tomorrow. That part number is for an individual quart, not bulk. To me, that means QTY 8.

If anyone has a copy of their oil change invoice, post em up.
How it was explained to me? It means 8 quarts. They technically only put in 6 quarts, but have to put down 8 in order to get paid the full price for the warranty work by the manufacturer. They double checked everything and deemed it good to go. I guess I'm the only one that has caught it? Either that or they drained it and refilled it back with the correct amount and did not want to admit to the mistake lol.

BTW, the computer at the dealer says 6 qts (with filter) for the LGX, not 5.5 like the manual states.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:37 PM   #30
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
I can tell you firsthand that is warranty fraud. Doesn't concern any of us, but GM would not like to hear that.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:31 PM   #31
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkZ View Post
How it was explained to me? It means 8 quarts. They technically only put in 6 quarts, but have to put down 8 in order to get paid the full price for the warranty work by the manufacturer. They double checked everything and deemed it good to go. I guess I'm the only one that has caught it? Either that or they drained it and refilled it back with the correct amount and did not want to admit to the mistake lol.

BTW, the computer at the dealer says 6 qts (with filter) for the LGX, not 5.5 like the manual states.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I can tell you firsthand that is warranty fraud. Doesn't concern any of us, but GM would not like to hear that.
BINGO. GM just changed their pricing plan as well now for the Certified Service stuff. They have an UP TO 6 QUART service, and then an UP TO 8 QUART service. They did this because the V8 engines in the Silverado take 8 quarts of oil, and there are A LOT of Silverados on the road. The dealer is duping GM by getting two extra quarts of oil. Doesn't affect you though.

I hope that if you have them do them after you do the two free they only charge you for 6 quarts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:32 PM   #32
MarkZ

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Yup. However I wonder how many people dealers do this to that ARE paying customers.....