Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #15
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
I personally like sealants, easy to use and just look awesome! I too like to touch, wipe, the paint, not interested in just apply something and then be done for a long time. After a rinseless or some "enhancing" products, you get that extra "pop" from the paint, gives it a nice wet/glossy look. Coatings are really if you are looking for that little bit extra durability.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:58 PM   #16
timmy8784
Drippin' Wet Auto Detail

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
Glens docs are well put together, well written, and I greatly value his opinion and input.
I am completely coating specific these days, but can attest that his write ups for the products that he uses are very good, but cover a different group of LSP.

The blackhole can be greatly diminished in the world of coatings by staying synergistic with a single product line, or by asking questions. I have greatly narrowed down my product line by to very simple system of products I feel work great for me. Here is my list.

Correction heavy - Menzerna FG400

Correction med to light - Car Pro essence, which is also my primer for coatings

Coating - Kamikaze Miyabi Coat, topped with their Infinity wax if desired.

Coating correction for small blemishes, or later in its life to extend it if needed - Car Pro Essence Plus.

Waterless, Rinseless, Detailer- Car Pro Ech2o

Traditional wash- Gyeon Bathe+

Aside from being super OCD with microfiber and polishing pads which is a complete different subject, that is my arsenal, with an exception of left over products to be used up.

I gave away everything else to my friends, waxes, sealants etc.

The key is to try to keep it simple right off the bat, and decide which one of the LSP's meet your criteria, IE don't buy a bunch of high quality waxes, then move to sealants, and then to coatings. I already have done that and spent too much. The key is to decide the LSP right off the bat.
This is almost my exact regimen as well. Menzerna is definitely my favorite when it comes to paint correction. CarPro products are fantastic for coatings and maintenance.

The nice thing about HydrO2, you can use it on the whole car along with the wheels. Doesn't get much easier than that!
timmy8784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:27 PM   #17
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal ZL1 View Post
Glens docs are well put together, well written, and I greatly value his opinion and input.
I am completely coating specific these days, but can attest that his write ups for the products that he uses are very good, but cover a different group of LSP.

The blackhole can be greatly diminished in the world of coatings by staying synergistic with a single product line, or by asking questions. I have greatly narrowed down my product line by to very simple system of products I feel work great for me. Here is my list.

Correction heavy - Menzerna FG400

Correction med to light - Car Pro essence, which is also my primer for coatings

Coating - Kamikaze Miyabi Coat, topped with their Infinity wax if desired.

Coating correction for small blemishes, or later in its life to extend it if needed - Car Pro Essence Plus.

Waterless, Rinseless, Detailer- Car Pro Ech2o

Traditional wash- Gyeon Bathe+

Aside from being super OCD with microfiber and polishing pads which is a complete different subject, that is my arsenal, with an exception of left over products to be used up.

I gave away everything else to my friends, waxes, sealants etc.

The key is to try to keep it simple right off the bat, and decide which one of the LSP's meet your criteria, IE don't buy a bunch of high quality waxes, then move to sealants, and then to coatings. I already have done that and spent too much. The key is to decide the LSP right off the bat.
Since this is a new car forum and you have thrown out a lot of great products.....so how about a quick list of the following products for a new guy that just wants to take care of car?
Type clay?
Type orbital?
Type pad
Type finishing polish
ONE LSP......

One wheel cleaner
One wheel protectant

One wash type product
One detailer

Cmon NorCal, I know you got it in ya, just gimme and new car owners a cliff notes version like I did......lots wanna take care of their car, but not become a detailer......this is directed at timmy and Kirk too.....let's try and help some new guys here!

Last edited by Glen e; 02-21-2017 at 03:39 PM.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:03 PM   #18
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0L Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixgenSix View Post
Did someone write I love you on the hood of your car through the dirt? That's a good way to scratch up paint.
My gf thought it was funny...lol

Tell me, ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
tsanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:07 PM   #19
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0L Turbo
I think I've opened pandora's box by asking haha thank you for all the info and tips this will be helpful once I've done my research and compare it to budget and time. Glen E is right thought...that got a little overwhelming haha

Tell me, ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
tsanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 05:24 PM   #20
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Since this is a new car forum and you have thrown out a lot of great products.....so how about a quick list of the following products for a new guy that just wants to take care of car?
Type clay?
Type orbital?
Type pad
Type finishing polish
ONE LSP......

One wheel cleaner
One wheel protectant

One wash type product
One detailer

Cmon NorCal, I know you got it in ya, just gimme and new car owners a cliff notes version like I did......lots wanna take care of their car, but not become a detailer......this is directed at timmy and Kirk too.....let's try and help some new guys here!

I have plans to do some contribution to some of that, but as you might have seen in the news we have some big issues in the north area. Plus I want to photo document some of it, and the weather has been a bit uncooperative. Most of the good things for someone who wants to maintain fairly traditionally are well covered in your documents and the product line is spot on as well.

Most of what you listed above is still covered by what I am now using for traditional LSP's, except mine are also usefull in the coating application, and correction of coating blemishes. Once the chaos is over and the sun returns, and I have time I do plan to get some things posted up, but unlike the other thread will be categorized better. Many of the products and techniques will apply across the board to any desired LSP, but will be primarily focused for the DIY person who wants to install a coating, and maintain it. Since I no longer have some of the other great products I gave away, it will be impossible to photo document the application and results
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:03 PM   #21
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Duragloss rinseless car wash followed by duragloss aquawax........

You thought your car had that wet look, try these products...............

Amazing stuff.....................
Attached Images

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 08:04 PM   #22
Dustya

Drives: Overkill Supercharged 2016 CamaroV6
So I have spend alot of time reading Glen's stuff Other peoples Guides and Watching Youtube Video's..

Wolfgang Uber rinseless - 3 in 1 product Great Rinseless Great Lubricant and Great Detailer just have to dilute differently. So that Takes care of your Lubricant your Rinseless wash and your detailer for that quick spot clean.

Use Glen's 2 bucket method just read his guides

Your Rinse less should be your weekly wash 20 minutes every saturday i toss the kids in the pool and go at it.

For Wheels I have Sonax Plus and Hydro2 Lite ( Pre mixed ) + you get a nice 1L bottle

For the real dirty you do not want to use rinse less if your car is mudded up or caked in salt you will still scratch your paint. I use the wolfgang uber rinseless at a higher concentrate with a good presoak and a follow up rinse. This gives a good lubricant so you have less chance to scratch.

The 1 or 2 month checkup.
Get yourself a nanoskin cloth you do not Need their Glide you can use the wolfgang for the lubricant. The nanoskin cloth is a absolute amazing product and its near impossible to screw it up. Takes 25 minutes to do the whole car.

Method: Rinse less wash grab my higher concentrate bottle of Rinse less for lube spray and nanoskin cloth. Then I use Chemical Guys V07 ( Do not need this part just something I like ) Followed by the Hydro2lite for a good hydrophobic coat.

Products needed for this
Wolfgang Rinseless, Nanoskin cloth, Hyrdo2lite and something like chemical guys V07 for a little coat if you want.

For Wheels Sonax Plus and Hydro2lite

For Towels I use Korean Microfiber for 2 bucket method gobra guzzler for drying and some super fluffy blue micro fiber I got from rag company for dry polishing.

My car is filth atm getting ready to do my 1 month nanoskin scrub but I just did my truck keep in mind my truck is 2014 model sits in the florida sun 24/7 and I did not start doing anything other then common car washing to it until I got my camaro and started reading glens guides. The truck has had 0 DA polishing or waxes. Just shows what some of these newer products can achieve keep in mind I did not get to the wheels yet.

So you can keep it easy quick and simple one or 2x a week then once a month spend a couple hours on it.
Attached Images

Dustya is offline   Reply With Quote