Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 05-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #141
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
keep in mind, the video that CAI posted was on the V8 engine. things MAY not be the same for both engines.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:45 PM   #142
GuoShicheng

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 RS 6MT
Agreed, however I think it's the same in terms of general root cause of problem. Saw the same thing pop up on I4 Honda Vtec forums, Subaru WRX forums, etc. Not sure and too lazy to see if those are all DI engines but meh.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:34 AM   #143
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
I removed those little plastic protrusions in the intake manifold a long time ago. When i ported my TB.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:33 AM   #144
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
So are the plastic tube kits safe? or have check engine lights still been common? I want a intake but it seems our cars do not like to be modded.
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:05 AM   #145
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Two reasons for getting a fault code.

1. The maf diameter is different from stock without a tune. This usually leads to a lean code because more air is getting passed than the computer assumes based on stock maf calibration.

2. The installation is leaking air because either an installation error or a poor kit fitment. This will lead to a lean code if the leak occurs after the maf.

Everything has to be tight, and some of these kits are little too loose, especially in climates that get below freezing. I dont know about K&N's but it's not as a wide-spread problem as one would think. Most seem to be related to installation errors.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:22 PM   #146
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
Two reasons for getting a fault code.

1. The maf diameter is different from stock without a tune. This usually leads to a lean code because more air is getting passed than the computer assumes based on stock maf calibration.

2. The installation is leaking air because either an installation error or a poor kit fitment. This will lead to a lean code if the leak occurs after the maf.

Everything has to be tight, and some of these kits are little too loose, especially in climates that get below freezing. I dont know about K&N's but it's not as a wide-spread problem as one would think. Most seem to be related to installation errors.
Thanks for the info man I can get a hell of a deal on a K&N intake right now but I think I'm going to wait and see what comes out over the summer a little more money for a lot less headache sounds like the right choice
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #147
AlphaCamaro7

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, NPP, A8, FBO, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMadeYouReadThis View Post
Thanks for the info man I can get a hell of a deal on a K&N intake right now but I think I'm going to wait and see what comes out over the summer a little more money for a lot less headache sounds like the right choice

You got CAI and Roto-Fab producing intakes for us by august hopefully. I'm waiting on that as well. There's a forum on it go look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk