Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 12-05-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
**MEMORIAL RUN FOR PAUL WALKER**

***OFFICIAL PAUL WALKER MEMORIAL MEET***

ALL CAMAROS WELCOME 1st - 5th GEN

MEET UP LOCATION
TIME: 9:30PM
This is a residential Cul De Sac Please be Respectful

ROLL TIME: 9:45
LOCATION: Willowbrook Mall: 70 Willowbrook Blvd, Wayne, NJ 07470

We can all assemble at the address above ....crib is less than a mile away from the mall we can all roll up to the meet together

Instagram: decept1con
KIK: JB07104

ALL CAMAROS WELCOME 1st - 5th GEN

****OFFICIAL PAUL WALKER MEMORIAL MEET***
Attached Images

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Screw Paul Walker. I want a memorial Drive for SSG Alex Anthony Viola KIA in Afghanistan.
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #3
blkngldbabe
Barossa's handler

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT
No matter what you think of Paul's acting skills he was a remarkable human being, with lots of charity work and animal activism. There is nothing wrong with choosing to honor him with a run.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #4
SS4life

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Camaro
There should be a run for military period imo

RIP SSG Alex Anthony Viola
SS4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #5
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
While I completely agree that there should be a run honoring our fallen military brothers and sisters, coming here and saying negative things about Paul Walker is really unnecessary.

The OP is clearly a fan of the deceased actor/philanthropist. Coming here to say "screw so and so" is very rude.

Sick of people shitting all over Walker because he wasn't what they deemed to be worthy of a memorial. He's a human being who died too young. Doing something that almost ALL of us like to do: Drive fast. Maybe he didn't make the most profound movies. Maybe he didn't lay his life on the line willingly day after day to ensure our nation's freedom. He DID dedicate a LOT of his time to helping those less fortunate. He DID pay for a US ARMY soldier's engagement ring. He did all of those things quietly without begging for media attention or recognition like so many other famous people do.

I get your point that it's a TRAGEDY that our soldiers who make the ultimate sacrifice don't get the attention that they deserve. Hell, let's go have a memorial run for SSG Alex Anthony Viola. Let's have a run for every single fallen soldier. Sad to say, it would give us a chance to drive our cars every single day because we've lost so many soldiers over the years. We should thank them every time we get into our big, gas guzzling American cars, because without them we'd be rolling in compacts.

Death is sad. Whether it was 95 year old Nelson Mandela, 40 year old Paul Walker, a US service man or woman.

Have some respect for a human being
Old 12-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #6
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
While I completely agree that there should be a run honoring our fallen military brothers and sisters, coming here and saying negative things about Paul Walker is really unnecessary.

The OP is clearly a fan of the deceased actor/philanthropist. Coming here to say "screw so and so" is very rude.

Sick of people shitting all over Walker because he wasn't what they deemed to be worthy of a memorial. He's a human being who died too young. Doing something that almost ALL of us like to do: Drive fast. Maybe he didn't make the most profound movies. Maybe he didn't lay his life on the line willingly day after day to ensure our nation's freedom. He DID dedicate a LOT of his time to helping those less fortunate. He DID pay for a US ARMY soldier's engagement ring. He did all of those things quietly without begging for media attention or recognition like so many other famous people do.

I get your point that it's a TRAGEDY that our soldiers who make the ultimate sacrifice don't get the attention that they deserve. Hell, let's go have a memorial run for SSG Alex Anthony Viola. Let's have a run for every single fallen soldier. Sad to say, it would give us a chance to drive our cars every single day because we've lost so many soldiers over the years. We should thank them every time we get into our big, gas guzzling American cars, because without them we'd be rolling in compacts.

Death is sad. Whether it was 95 year old Nelson Mandela, 40 year old Paul Walker, a US service man or woman.

Well said man, well f'n said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannsiam View Post
Screw Paul Walker. I want a memorial Drive for SSG Alex Anthony Viola KIA in Afghanistan.
So then have a cruise for SSG Alex Anthony. That was incredibly inhumane to come into a thread like this that is honoring someone, and piss all over it. Just because you dont think this person deserves to be honored, does not by any means give you the right to say they are not worthy. Just because you have family or whatever in the service that have lost their lives, doesnt mean they are the only ones that deserve to be recognized. I have no clue who the person stated above is, but would I ever say they are not worthy of memorial, phuck no. Grow up.

Last edited by 376LS3; 12-06-2013 at 12:59 AM.
376LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #7
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
My opinion doesn't matter I am just sick of hering about how tragic it is when a "famous" person dies. What about the 10 year old kid that loses a cancer battle? Why isn't his name all over the news. J/S. Funny someone said Nelson Mandela, Paul Walker or a service member notice no name was given for a service member because they weren't famous. I stand by my statement 100%. Is it a tragedy yes all death is.
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
cant_get_rite

Drives: 2013 CRT/2LT/RS
Quote:

Well said TSSUNAMI
cant_get_rite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
its was a great turn out, over 600 cars, we had about 20 camaros and a sting ....thanks for the supportive posts...

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #10
NJBourne23
Master of Nothings

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:

Very well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannsiam View Post
My opinion doesn't matter I am just sick of hering about how tragic it is when a "famous" person dies. What about the 10 year old kid that loses a cancer battle? Why isn't his name all over the news. J/S. Funny someone said Nelson Mandela, Paul Walker or a service member notice no name was given for a service member because they weren't famous. I stand by my statement 100%. Is it a tragedy yes all death is.
You're opinion does matter because i'm sure you share it with other people as well. Sadly we live in a society that worries more about what dress Jennifer Anniston just bought or that Brad and Angelina had a fight in their French rental over the newest Bently they ordered or something. You have to see the good that this man has done though. Take the celebrity status out of the equation and he is a guy, as said above, that did what he felt was right for the military men/women he loved by buying the ring for them without making headlines about it. Who knows what else he has done. He doesn't control Hollywood or how much he is paid, it comes with the job. Just like the fireman that put their lives in danger day in and day out along with police and medics. Some are volunteers, like I am, that do it to help others, not see their pics in the paper. We as a society need to open our eyes to the real heroes out there.

If anything, make the ride (now future rides) what YOU want it to be for. Just do it for the good that this person has done like bring to light that our soldiers are being under paid for a very hard job we ALL need them for.

2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT/RS
NJBourne23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:35 PM   #11
Nzcamaro
NZ Camaro. New Zealand

Drives: 1968 camaro. 2010 2ss Camaro
Cheers to all those who loose their lives premerturly,famous or not.
Jase from New Zealand.
Nzcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote