Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 11-24-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Just a few words on forum censorship

I find it disheartening that people here can't speak their mind on something, not break the "rules" and have posts deleted because one person is offended. In fact, there are scores of threads which are by modest terms more offensive in a sexual, profane or degrading manner than a damn cat in a Christmas tree and guys poking fun at how to "eliminate" said cat from destroying ornaments.

Case in point is excerpted below. I say what I feel based on the hypocracy that is prevalent here. I need not attention, satisfaction or accolades for my position, but what is good for many offensive threads should go for a thread that contained no real harm to a cat, just banter...nothing was graphic or remotely disturbing...

Fairly certain one person (not naming names) got his panties in a tizzy and complained.

The ironic thing was the thread was pretty damn funny AND informative.

It really sucks that one person can change the dynamics of free speech.

I can find HUNDREDS of similar topics and posts everywhere in this forum...that are equally and some overly offensive...

Whomever believes someone here is serious about harming an animal AND relating that to a forum topic is what? Taking that person serious. Seriously?

This was a damn funny thread and I humbly believe the OP was quite humored and happy that she could see that this was humor wheras some stick in the mud had to much whine with his cheese.

Thats why I have stayed away from this forum....Can't say what you want jokingly within reason....There were NO, I repeat NO "rules" broken. No profanity. Yet you can go to 15 other topics and see ass, nipples, cleavage, that stuff in front of tight swimsuits, people performing pseudo fellatio.....a member with his pants down to his ankles pretending to screw the "male slot"..

Do I complain? Should I complain? Why? Come on!

I guess the squeaky wheel got the grease and the "power" to eliminate fun freedom of expression waned with a swift stroke of a keyboard.

So if I go over to the topics I find "offensive" as in the most popular ones with nudity and profanity (none of which was found here) yet deleted, I will have my squeaky wheel greased?

Come on!

Power is nothing without discretion.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 11-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #2
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Old 11-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #3
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Ahmen
Old 11-24-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Old 11-24-2010, 11:54 PM   #5
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I do appreciate having moderators keep this site civil. However I must say the OP has some very valid points. There is a lot of much more offensive stuff on here as noted above, than the thread referenced, which I read & found no offence in.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:56 PM   #6
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
I get it...it is what it is....let us take wagers to see how long till the mods shut it down.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:58 PM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
To add to the OP, we are in the off topic section. As long as no rules are broken, just leave the thread if you don't like it.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:01 AM   #8
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
So, let me get this straight, when I am in the mood for Chinese I can't just grab something wandering the alley and fry it up?
Old 11-25-2010, 12:01 AM   #9
20Camaro11

I called a a#$hat an a#$hat and got an infraction. Should have I called the troll an a#$hat, obviously not, but yeah.....shrug your shoulders and move on....its just the internets
Old 11-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #10
wrbear
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by derklug View Post
So, let me get this straight, when I am in the mood for Chinese I can't just grab something wandering the alley and fry it up?

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal....gooooooal....GO OOOOOALLL!!!!!!

gooooooooooAAAAALLLLL!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:05 AM   #11
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
To add to the OP, we are in the off topic section. As long as no rules are broken, just leave the thread if you don't like it.
Thats EXACTLY what I said to the member who was "offended"...yet when you scour some of his posts, he is equally offensive.

That's just hypocritically unjust.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 11-25-2010, 12:07 AM   #12
20Camaro11

and to be clear...when I say a#$hat, I really meant archat....my keyboard has problems sometimes.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:10 AM   #13
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
I totally agree Banshee, but free speech doesn't work here unless every member is a paid member. . . You are using the forum under some one else dime.

It would be the same as going into a business and if that business doesn't like what you are saying they can kick you out. . . .

But I totally agree though. . . . how about the thread for chicks in sweet pants. . . that's a little out of hand yet nothing is done with that.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:15 AM   #14
wrbear
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
I totally agree Banshee, but free speech doesn't work here unless every member is a paid member. . . You are using the forum under some one else dime.

It would be the same as going into a business and if that business doesn't like what you are saying they can kick you out. . . .

But I totally agree though. . . . how about the thread for chicks in sweet pants. . . that's a little out of hand yet nothing is done with that.
Shush!!!!!
Closed Thread