Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 08-08-2017, 10:55 PM   #43
theCATALYST
@V3NOM.SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfuqu2ss View Post
Got mine yesterday, put it on and took it right back off. Was just too much, awesome looking on it's own, but was just a tad too busy for my taste. Thought about offering it up for free here, but it had a few imperfections out of the box, lumpy black primer spots along the edges (not complaining...shit, it was free), but didnt want it to seem like I was passing along defective goods. Not sure what to do with it right now, but I truly appreciate the opportunity to try it out.
Wow I'm sorry to hear that. I would suggest contacting them directly via their website as I am confident they would like an opportunity to discuss the quality of the product and find a resolution, however you said it was too busy for your tastes. I am positive any one of a number of people here would like to give it a try even with the possible issues you noted if you do decide to pass it on to another.
American Authority - ZL1 Conversion Front Bumper, ZL1 Hood, ZL1 Cannards, ZL1 Side Skirts, ZL1 inspired Hood, Rear Valance w/ Diffuser, darkened LED side markers, C7 Fender Vents, 1/4 Window Scoops, Fuel Lid, Tow Hook
Vertini 20x10.5/20x9.5 RF1.1 Gloss Black wheels
R1Concepts Geomet Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Barke Pads
Mishimoto - Cold Air Intake (RED), Catch Can (RED)
BMR - Strut Tower Brace (RED)
GM Darkened Taillights, ZL1 1LE 3rd Brake Light[/SIZE]
Old 08-08-2017, 11:09 PM   #44
Pfuqu2ss

Drives: Fuqing car
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCATALYST View Post
Wow I'm sorry to hear that. I would suggest contacting them directly via their website as I am confident they would like an opportunity to discuss the quality of the product and find a resolution, however you said it was too busy for your tastes. I am positive any one of a number of people here would like to give it a try even with the possible issues you noted if you do decide to pass it on to another.
Like I said, definetly NOT complaining. It just wasn't for me. Honestly, most people probably wouldn't have even noticed the spots I mentioned, I'm just super anal. I just put it back in its packaging and have it set aside...hoping I'll find someone local that can put it to use...and maybe they'll show their appreciation by having some high speed fun.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:28 AM   #45
SimMan

Drives: 2011 SIM Convertible
Send a message via Skype™ to SimMan
Grampa_ss thanks for the video. It way too easy.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:33 PM   #46
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfuqu2ss View Post
Got mine yesterday, put it on and took it right back off. Was just too much, awesome looking on it's own, but was just a tad too busy for my taste. Thought about offering it up for free here, but it had a few imperfections out of the box, lumpy black primer spots along the edges (not complaining...shit, it was free), but didnt want it to seem like I was passing along defective goods. Not sure what to do with it right now, but I truly appreciate the opportunity to try it out.
I woukd be interested in negotiating with you as a 1 day late birthday mod gift to myself. If you decide to sell let me know.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:12 AM   #47
Dkmgsxr

Drives: 2016 z06
here's a pic of my sons car with several parts from American authority...surprisingly great quality and everything fit excellent

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  273.6 KB
Old 08-15-2017, 08:45 PM   #48
theCATALYST
@V3NOM.SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkmgsxr View Post
here's a pic of my sons car with several parts from American authority...surprisingly great quality and everything fit excellent

Attachment 891538
Your sons car? I love it.

Stay tuned to American Authority and MPConcepts....they have some surprises releasing soon.
I sent you a DM, hope to hear from you.

If anyone else is currently shopping, use code sstormtroopr5 to save with American Authority.
American Authority - ZL1 Conversion Front Bumper, ZL1 Hood, ZL1 Cannards, ZL1 Side Skirts, ZL1 inspired Hood, Rear Valance w/ Diffuser, darkened LED side markers, C7 Fender Vents, 1/4 Window Scoops, Fuel Lid, Tow Hook
Vertini 20x10.5/20x9.5 RF1.1 Gloss Black wheels
R1Concepts Geomet Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Ceramic Barke Pads
Mishimoto - Cold Air Intake (RED), Catch Can (RED)
BMR - Strut Tower Brace (RED)
GM Darkened Taillights, ZL1 1LE 3rd Brake Light[/SIZE]
Old 08-21-2017, 08:43 PM   #49
SoCalCamaro93

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2011 RS (past)
For anyone who wanted an update on the side skirts, from American Authority.

The install was fairly simple. There were only two fitment issues. Both were on the corners near the rear quarter panel. On both sides, the piece isn't flush with the car. It's more of a cosmetic eye sore but it's not terrible. Other than that, it fits perfectly and it looks great. With just the front splitter it seemed that there was always something missing and the car was lacking flow. The side skirts absolutely eliminated that feeling.
Attached Images

Past: 2011 RS, 2013 ZL1
Current: 2016 2SS
Old 08-30-2017, 08:58 PM   #50
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Mine grabbed a piece of my wrap when opening it and ripped it so I'll be giving it away lol
Old 08-31-2017, 09:29 AM   #51
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknagy13 View Post
Mine grabbed a piece of my wrap when opening it and ripped it so I'll be giving it away lol
Ouch......
2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
Old 08-31-2017, 11:28 PM   #52
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Decided to go with the GM version. Looks clean on my black Camaro! They say its real carbon fiber. Feels built VERY well. I know it was not free but I feel my Camaro deserves the OEM part.
Old 09-01-2017, 07:16 AM   #53
whiskeyfed
Pat

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT I4 Turbo A8
Mine rubs just the slightest bit. I like the way it looks and I have actually gotten compliments that it looks great. I will keep it just because I simply cannot fathom spending $100+ on a fuel door. I am the only one who does my gas so I can finagle it so it doesn't hit. For now, it is staying on.

ALSO! I cannot believe that AA is now charging $60 for this now!!!! It looks nice but come on now, it's plastic. If I spent $60 on this, I would be extremely disappointed. Glad I got it for free and I am grateful for that.

Subscribe on YouTube Whiskeyfed Camaro

Follow my Build Thread The WhiskeyFed Camaro

Current Modifications: JacFab Boost-O-Lator, Injen Evolution CAI, ZZP Catless Downpipe, RPM 3" Charge Pipe, Mishimoto Oil Filtration/Coolant Systems, R1 Concepts Brakes Package, Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs, PTP Lava Exhaust Wrap & Turbo Blanket

DYNO SHEET: 297whp / 374wtq
Tuned by #danytechtuning
Old 09-01-2017, 08:44 AM   #54
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyfed View Post
Mine rubs just the slightest bit. I like the way it looks and I have actually gotten compliments that it looks great. I will keep it just because I simply cannot fathom spending $100+ on a fuel door. I am the only one who does my gas so I can finagle it so it doesn't hit. For now, it is staying on.

ALSO! I cannot believe that AA is now charging $60 for this now!!!! It looks nice but come on now, it's plastic. If I spent $60 on this, I would be extremely disappointed. Glad I got it for free and I am grateful for that.
The GM door is a perfect fit with its curves. NO rubbing and looks a tad nicer with "Camaro" if you plan to upgrade. Feels sturdy and heavy Worth it IMO. You paid 35k+ for your car... Do you want a piece that rubs?
Old 09-02-2017, 01:45 PM   #55
marknagy13
Markoon13

Drives: Camaro 2SS
If anyone wants my fuel door, giving it away for free.

Old 09-02-2017, 06:28 PM   #56
NightSkyCode
Owned gen 4, 5 and 6

marknagy13;9891489]If anyone wants my fuel door, giving it away for free.

You gunna grab the GM door?

Closed Thread