Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #155
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Overpriced compared to what? It's in line with the cars in the segment. They're all overpriced then.
It's over priced for the assumed value of the car, which is why the ATS and CTS aren't selling. If people don't think Cadillac products are on par with the Europeans, they won't pay European type cash to buy them.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:23 PM   #156
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
Overpriced compared to what? It's in line with the cars in the segment. They're all overpriced then.
Exactly my point. Even though they have a solid product offering; Cadillac sales were down last year in a segment that was up. The new CEO purposely set their prices higher to be in line with the market segment. IMO they need to lower their prices to bring more attention to their brand; similar to what Lexus did years ago. Earn the buyers first then charge the premium as the brand and reputation is established.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:26 PM   #157
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Exactly my point. Even though they have a solid product offering; Cadillac sales were down last year in a segment that was up. The new CEO purposely set their prices higher to be in line with the market segment. IMO they need to lower their prices to bring more attention to their brand; similar to what Lexus did years ago. Earn the buyers first then charge the premium as the brand and reputation is established.
From my experience on the BMW forums...the Lexus strategy did not work. Might have more to do with some of the terrible designs and performance than anything. They only talked bad about cadillac quality but no one had anything nice to say about Lexus.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:27 PM   #158
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Car loans and student loans. Hope you all like them, we are all going to "pay" for them. Third fiing bubble in my lifetime, it's getting silly.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:49 PM   #159
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
From my experience on the BMW forums...the Lexus strategy did not work. Might have more to do with some of the terrible designs and performance than anything. They only talked bad about cadillac quality but no one had anything nice to say about Lexus.
by a few years ago you mean 1991 right? That's the only point when they did that.

GM had it's shot at being the "under priced" luxury brand and it didn't work. Now the only play left is superior product at competitive pricing.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:17 PM   #160
tekteq
HT5 in the 626

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
using wget on the website hoping to get some pictures they did not post up

2014 L99 Camaro 2SS/RS ~ Flowmaster American Thunder Catback ~ Cold Air Inductions CAI ~ VMAX Ported TB ~ ARH Catted LTs ~ Tuned by Ted @ JRE

A wise man once said, he who eats crackers in bed get crummy sleep.
tekteq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:18 AM   #161
camarosource

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 Showcar
Opinions: If you seen the rear lights and blackened out rear on the new 2016

Camarosource.ca FACEBOOK PAGE - EXCLUSIVE INFO On upcoming Camarosource.ca V5.0 and More!!

camarosource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 03:27 AM   #162
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
remember when Saleen used to make beautiful poster cars? Now they all look like after thoughts
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:55 AM   #163
lgKido

Drives: 2002 Dodge Ram :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosource View Post

Damn, that's one nice looking automobile...........
lgKido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:36 AM   #164
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosource View Post

2016??????? I don't think so.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:05 AM   #165
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Not a 2016, but tail lights look good tinted.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:59 AM   #166
iSHOOTtheMOON

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1
See any similar pieces? (x-pipe, frame etc.)

Motor Trend is testing the ATS-V this week. Carlos Lago posted this and some other pictures to Instagram.

https://instagram.com/p/0qGqm5BYUo/?taken-by=clago6

I found the unknown hollow piece!

Looks like the ATS-V rear suspension link in the Instagram photo.

I do see some similarities in the teaser pictures and I love the underpinned aero panels.
Expect a review on the Motor Trend YouTube channel sometime soon.

Last edited by iSHOOTtheMOON; 03-25-2015 at 04:56 PM.
iSHOOTtheMOON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:10 PM   #167
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
Exactly right.

It's freakin' absurd that GM thinks it can sticker-price a 2.5L ATS above a 320i. Sure, they CAN do it, but no one should be shocked when ATS sales are pathetic (and, sadly, they are).

The only way GM beats the established players (i.e., the Germans) in this segment is by offering MORE car for LESS money. If you try to offer "JUST AS GOOD" for the SAME money, you lose. And that's what's happened to the ATS.

If the 2.0T had been the base engine in the ATS, and it had started at the magic $30K level, I honestly think that the ATS could have been a major success for GM. Alas, it was not to be.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:57 PM   #168
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
Exactly right.

It's freakin' absurd that GM thinks it can sticker-price a 2.5L ATS above a 320i. Sure, they CAN do it, but no one should be shocked when ATS sales are pathetic (and, sadly, they are).

The only way GM beats the established players (i.e., the Germans) in this segment is by offering MORE car for LESS money. If you try to offer "JUST AS GOOD" for the SAME money, you lose. And that's what's happened to the ATS.

If the 2.0T had been the base engine in the ATS, and it had started at the magic $30K level, I honestly think that the ATS could have been a major success for GM. Alas, it was not to be.
Considering you can usually get a ATS for under the price of the competition, I'm not sure more car for the money will help. The main problem is the majority of buyers in the segment. There are still a few that chose BMW, Mercedes, and Audi for performance/driving experience, but most are now brand/image buyers. Cadillac hasn't shaken their "senior citizen" image to them. They pick cars because it is what their coworkers/friends/family are buying, not because of what the cars actually offer.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote