Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: 2013 2LT/RS vs. 2014 1LT/RS
2013 2LT/RS 52 75.36%
2014 1LT/RS 17 24.64%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #43
Wilsonation

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Sweet ! You have the best 14 and my favorite color on These. Congrats ! Lucky you.
Lol I didn't get that one that I saw. I ordered a 14 1SS/RS 1LE in black. TPW of 10/28! So I technically don't have it yet, soon though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
10/28/13 TPW
11/2/13 Built and Bayed
11/7/13 Shipped
11/14/13 Brought home!
Wilsonation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #44
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Join the Navy. They wil put you through school and mom will still have her money. Plus the added benefit of serving your country and becoming a man.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #45
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Get the 2013, saves money, more creature comforts and the same car.
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #46
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Join the Navy. They wil put you through school and mom will still have her money. Plus the added benefit of serving your country and becoming a man.
My mom was in the Navy. Just a little fun fact.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #47
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
Yes but I haven't driven either. Only a 2012 1LT that my friend has. I assume it's not much different but you know what they say. I like both but I'm probably going to get the 2013.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk .
Oh , OK! Well , the 13 and 14's has the mylink indash screen with no cd player instead of the radio of the previous years but that's the only difference from the 12's . Oh , and ofcourse the RS 20 inch wheels were changed.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #48
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Oh , OK! Well , the 13 and 14's has the mylink indash screen with no cd player instead of the radio of the previous years but that's the only difference from the 12's . Oh , and ofcourse the RS 20 inch wheels were changed.
Yeah, I know. I have gone and looked at them, and been to a dealer. I almost got a 2013 Crystal Red Tintcoat 2LT with beige leather a few months back.That was my absolute favorite combination and car so far... unfortunately they sold it and I can't find another just like it. And my local dealer here has a 2014 1LT, in Red Hot. It's very pretty but way overpriced, since we live in a small town. It also, is very nice. But also, some of the 2013's have the 2010-2012 RS Rims on them also, because they had a shortage of the flanged wheels. I like both rims, but I think I like the 2010-2012 RS rims because they are much sleeker looking. But I do like both of them.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #49
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
OP: I'm Army through and through and no one here has any ulterior motive for wanting to discourage you from buying a Camaro. By your own admission, you're going to have a lot on your plate. Trade your truck for a reliable and economical Honda Civic - have it paid for and you can focus on school. It's your education that will "hopefully" lead you to the income where you can comfortably afford an awesome car. Now, however, might not be the time.

We've had many, many threads that have addressed the same situation you're in (or going to be in). We were all your age, once. Some of us made wiser choices, some of ud made choices and have had experiences we wouldn't repeat knowing what we know now. You can make life easy or you can make it hard. You always have a choice. Make them wisely. The price you may end up paying may be well more than you're prepared for.
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #50
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
Yeah, I know. I have gone and looked at them, and been to a dealer. I almost got a 2013 Crystal Red Tintcoat 2LT with beige leather a few months back.That was my absolute favorite combination and car so far... unfortunately they sold it and I can't find another just like it. And my local dealer here has a 2014 1LT, in Red Hot. It's very pretty but way overpriced, since we live in a small town. It also, is very nice. But also, some of the 2013's have the 2010-2012 RS Rims on them also, because they had a shortage of the flanged wheels. I like both rims, but I think I like the 2010-2012 RS rims because they are much sleeker looking. But I do like both of them.
already ! But yea ,I forgot that some did have the 10-12 wheels. I like The 10-12 wheels way more . I dislike the new ones so much that I got rid of the next week. lmao...
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #51
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
OP: I'm Army through and through and no one here has any ulterior motive for wanting to discourage you from buying a Camaro. By your own admission, you're going to have a lot on your plate. Trade your truck for a reliable and economical Honda Civic - have it paid for and you can focus on school. It's your education that will "hopefully" lead you to the income where you can comfortably afford an awesome car. Now, however, might not be the time.

We've had many, many threads that have addressed the same situation you're in (or going to be in). We were all your age, once. Some of us made wiser choices, some of ud made choices and have had experiences we wouldn't repeat knowing what we know now. You can make life easy or you can make it hard. You always have a choice. Make them wisely. The price you may end up paying may be well more than you're prepared for.
If you were saying you were in the Army, thank you for your service!
But, I don't want a Honda Civic, and it seems like some are trying pretty hard to discourage my from getting my Camaro. Our ideology is that it's better to get what you want now, and have it paid off, than to settle for something that you don't want, and then trade it in a few years later down the road and start another car payment. No matter what I get, I would pay it off in 5 years anyways. And its not even like my Camaro is that expensive after trade and whatnot. We don't have money issues. We are able to live comfortably and still get what we want. My mom just recently paid off her car, and so its like trading her car payment for mine. Not to mention I won't have my truck anymore to worry about. And who says a Camaro isn't an economy vehicle?! I'm not getting and SS or ZL1! Just a 6 cylinder car that can get up to 30 mpg. I don't see why people are so worried. I know some of you mean well, but it's not going to phase my mom's or my decision. So instead of trying to persuade me against getting my dream car at the age of 17, be happy for me that I am, and help me out with my decision. THANK YOU!

Last edited by Kleeeb; 10-26-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Kleeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #52
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Since we know a camaro is the finish line and OP stated used is out of the picture, a new civic or other econo-choice makes zero sense.

Dang Kaleb, I'm sorry to hear about the 13 CRT. Especially with you being one of the biggest Camaro fans ever.

If it were simply 13 2LT vs 14 1LT...
Then I would say the 2013 2LT's sound, HUD, leather, and interior lighting trumps the 2014 1LT's cloth, and exterior changes (and maybe the spoiler/spoilerless options... I'm not too 2014 Camaro savvy)

But it seems like its gonna be...

14 1LT (with your desired options) vs best 13 2LT you can find available

And depending on the options and pricing it could go either way

oh and if you go 2014... love your color choice!
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #53
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Easy. The cheaper, more equipped 2013.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:56 PM   #54
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieG View Post
Since we know a camaro is the finish line and OP stated used is out of the picture, a new civic or other econo-choice makes zero sense.

Dang Kaleb, I'm sorry to hear about the 13 CRT. Especially with you being one of the biggest Camaro fans ever.

If it were simply 13 2LT vs 14 1LT...
Then I would say the 2013 2LT's sound, HUD, leather, and interior lighting trumps the 2014 1LT's cloth, and exterior changes (and maybe the spoiler/spoilerless options... I'm not too 2014 Camaro savvy)

But it seems like its gonna be...

14 1LT (with your desired options) vs best 13 2LT you can find available

And depending on the options and pricing it could go either way

oh and if you go 2014... love your color choice!
Thanks! OH, and don't go by my Sig... that was what I thought I wanted, until I found another great deal on a 2013... I really fell in love with the CRT, and that was my #1 mistake. Never fall in love with a car before you get it. I love the styling of the 2014, and while most people hate the rear end and the tail-lights, I think the LEDs are phenomenal at night! And the brighter halos, etc. The only thing is, I would really enjoy the leather, HUD, Boston Acoustics, and the ABL, and it costs less than $28,000! Whereas the 2014 1LT is $29,400, and it doesn't even have any options other than RS. I did see a 2013 Ashen Gray 1LT with a sunroof and Boston Acoustics for less than $26,000... (brand new, mind you.) I think that would be a great fit also, but I really want the leather and HUD :(... So I guess I should have added the 2013 1LT into the mix too... What do you think Ronnie?

EDIT: tbh, I am kind of over the 2014 now... It's not what I want anymore, because I don't want bare bones. I would rather have the 2013 1LT than the 2014 1LT only because the 2013 has sunroof and Boston Acoustics... So now the decision is between both 2013s. Still leaning towards the 2LT.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:54 AM   #55
camarohouston

Drives: 2014 2ltRS dualmode CAI
2014 2LT would be best option, its what I have. HUD, better lights. Usable fog lights which come in handy around College Station as it gets cooler. 17yr old? Make sure whatever you chose has a back up camera.
camarohouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #56
Kleeeb

^ --- I have my eyes set on a 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS with backup camera, sunroof, and a couple other little comforts. We will see next weekend. Went to go look at it yesterday, so there is a possibility that we may go back saturday and see what we can do. I realized I don't really mind the cloth... still a very nice car without it!