Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #57
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
2016 Camaro is Stronger, Lighter and More Responsive

I like.
Attached Images

Old 04-09-2015, 12:32 PM   #58
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECS C6 View Post
Because I am a performance guy with taste, and not a young ricer or some sheep that follows the flavor of the month.
Black wheels are for trash trucks and ricers who paint their wheels in their driveway.
Multi spoke wheels are for bicycles.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:36 PM   #59
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
HATE the wheels. Of course, that can be "fixed." What's depressing to see is Eagle F1's. Will this be another Camaro that needs $1,000 in new rubber to drive 12 months a year? If they want to stick these things on a 1LE, ZL1 or Z2/8 equivalent, so be it, but I hope they outfit the SS with a high performance all-season this time. When you spend $30-40K on a new car, another $1,000 in rubber so you can actually drive the car you bought is a lousy proposition.
I haven't shopped tires in a while, and certainly not for these giant rim sizes... how small a diameter does one need before you can expect to pay around $700ish for something S or Z rated that will last 40k miles?
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:47 PM   #60
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Check the pics I posted.
Split spoke 5-STAR wheels have spokes that are close together and narrow, and the spokes get more narrow the farther from the center of the wheel.
Ah! I see. I wondered if you were referring to a more simplistic (not meant negatively) design.

I would not be opposed to Chevrolet making all season performance tires standard with the option of summer only tires for those of us in the warmer climates. I can't imagine ever seeing the Camaro offered in AWD form. Perhaps the rumored mid-engine Corvette could offer something like that.
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:48 PM   #61
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Quote:
Because I am a performance guy with taste, and not a young ricer or some sheep that follows the flavor of the month.
Black wheels are for trash trucks and ricers who paint their wheels in their driveway.

Damn ricers.. Better call Mclaren and let them know someone is painting there P1 wheels in there driveway. I have my fingers crossed that they will offer chrome for you.
Attached Images

Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:00 PM   #62
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Who knows if these wheels and tires will be for a SS or 1LE. I would imagine they are the standard wheel for the SS. They may be a optional tire upgrade for all we know. I myself like the look of the black wheels like the 1LE and the ZL1.

As far as AWD on a camaro, not gonna happen.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:09 PM   #63
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
I like it. Looks like an inverted version of the ZL1 polished wheels. And like almost everyone is doing, nowadays, make it gloss or matte blackalso. If it's lighter and stronger, better for Camaro. Like someone said, "you're not going to please everyone", but I, for one, am pleased with it.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:11 PM   #64
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
I think the wheels on that McLaren are awesome. I do however think that the Ferrari is a much better looking car than the McLaren.

At the same time, I think the C7 is a much better looking car than the C6. The C7 looks like an exotic car that's much more expensive than it is, and makes the C6 look very dated and ordinary in the process.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #65
Trans damm

Drives: Trans am
Quoting fbodfather:
'you can sell an old man a young man's car - but you can't sell a young man an old man's car'

You do realize dark wheels are what's in style, therefore GM will offer them. There looking to sell cars, appealing to there audience. Especially at the Camaro price point, the audience is younger buyers. I have the factory black rims on my cts V2 and EVERYONE who sees my car loves them with exception to my 55 YO father. Can't please everyone, even though his 87 GNX has black wheels

Quote:
Chrome and black wheels are tacky.
McLaren IS a young ricer compared to the CLASSIC Ferrari.
The 458 Italia absolutely SHITS on McLaren design.
I say the C6 ZO6 has a timeless design as well.

Attached Images

Trans damm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:16 PM   #66
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Quote:
Then, GM will continue to lose sales to the competition, specifically the imports, and our economy will continue to suffer due to this foolish decision making and lack of intelligence regarding AWD.
With all due respect, what exactly are you comparing the Camaro to? Neither of its two direct competitors offer AWD, nor does the next closest competitor in the Hyundai Genesis Coupe. I'm not sure how many people are cross shopping a WRX or Audi S4/S5 with the Camaro. What else is there for a coupe in the price range of the Camaro?
2018 Kenetic Blue Metallic Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Crew Cab (8A)
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:17 PM   #67
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
[/IMG]

you could just say..."I don't like them". many folks around here have black wheels on their ZL1, 1LE, Z06 etc. I personally think they look much better on these cars than do polished or chrome etc. but I'm not gonna call you names just because you like something else.

BTW i can search google for images too:
Attached Images

DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #68
hypercarfanatic

Drives: 2013 F-150
Wheels need to be black
hypercarfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #69
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Then, GM will continue to lose sales to the competition, specifically the imports, and our economy will continue to suffer due to this foolish decision making and lack of intelligence regarding AWD.
Our economy will continue to suffer because GM doesn't offer the Camaro in AWD? I'm not trying to be a jerk, but that was quite the statement lol.

Many of those "imports" you refer to are built here in America while many of the American cars are built in Canada and Mexico.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #70
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
I don't think anyone (besides you) is asking for an AWD camaro. Nor is anyone asking for a $90K 1SS that has AWD and a DCT with a V8. Unless it wouldn't have a V8, at which point we have a car that most definitely isn't a camaro. V6 AWD DCT sounds like some other manufacturer...maybe they should make that V6 mid engined and add a pair of turbos. Man, if only someone made a car like that.
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote