Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-26-2016, 01:21 PM   #3655
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...-colorado.html

2017 Colorado/Canyon receive all new 3.6L LGZ, 8 speed transmission.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs2lt View Post
Colorado is killing it!
Wow...this one caught me by surprise....sort of. lol. I was expecting the new LGX V6 (LGZ....what?) and the 8 speed to come, but wasn't sure if it might be another year or so.

So whats with this new LGZ? Is it a successor to the LGX, or just spec'd/tuned different enough from the LGX, and will be used only in the midsize trucks?

No MPGs announced yet, or just the same as before? I would expect at least a 1mpg improvement in both city and hwy. The way the release is worded, makes me believe there are no MPG improvements. :(

Edit: This article says "incremental" MPG improvements.....so I'd guess maybe 1 better.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:36 PM   #3656
KMPrenger

Apparently this is some hopped up version (a concept perhaps?) of the global Colorado.

Me likey. Not sure that I'd want the big black fender flares, but some nice looking body colored flares could be sweet.

I like the global headlamps.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:59 PM   #3657
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
http://media.chevrolet.com/media/us/...-colorado.html

2017 Colorado/Canyon receive all new 3.6L LGZ, 8 speed transmission.
They had to do something... that 6 speed trans isn't worth a crap.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:48 PM   #3658
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Apparently this is some hopped up version (a concept perhaps?) of the global Colorado.

Me likey. Not sure that I'd want the big black fender flares, but some nice looking body colored flares could be sweet.

Really digging the headlights, not sure about the flares but I like it a lot. Local Chevy dealership has a few Colorado's that have been worked over with new tires, wheels, suspension and one of those light bars that go behind the cab. They look really good but they're expensive

Quote:
http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...ied-in-detroit

Spotted in the wild. 2017 Cruze Hatch.
Do want.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:05 PM   #3659
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

Nice looking truck! I am waiting to see the new Wrangler pickup but I could rock one of these. Hope they do it.
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:22 PM   #3660
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Sounds like LGZ is just the truck version of LGX.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:55 PM   #3661
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Sounds like LGZ is just the truck version of LGX.
Did they skip the LGY, or is that reserved for some other variant (transverse mounted for cars/crossovers?)
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:13 PM   #3662
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Response to “Expansive Cadillac Product Plan Getting Squeezed”

Sir, your well-written article was just brought to my attention and I feel obliged to respond. I do not know the sources of your information, but must assume they cannot be very high ranking, certainly they do not have access to the full spectrum of information. Some of what you report is correct, some incorrect, most is conjecture. I would just say I’m a lot more optimistic than the gist of this article would have readers believe.

It’s not so much an issue of Cadillac programs which have been “cancelled”. The only item which is correct, is the change in planning for a Lux 5 flagship sedan, versus the plan which was previously reported to our dealers. Rather than calling it a “cancellation”, I prefer to consider the change to the flagship program as a revision to what will constitute the Cadillac flagship.

There will be a flagship, but given the segment development, it will not be a large four door sedan.

GM is currently in the normal annual planning cycle for budgets and the five year mid term plan. All functions in the company seperately develop their own resource balancing proposals which at this early stage of a bottom-up planning process, are likely subject to considerations of individual functional goals and resulting prioritization. Some of these may at this stage be better aligned with corporate and strategic objectives than others. This is a normal part of the corporate planning process, in my long automotive experience across three different corporations.

There are still many steps in the process as we bring these functional budget proposals into alignment and consolidate them across brands and the global regions, for approval by GM top management and the GM Board of Directors, both groups, incidentally, having repeatedly expressed their support and endorsement of the Cadillac strategy.

I suspect that a lot of the speculation that your sources may be experiencing, and reporting to you, was gleaned around the water cooler and likely has its origin in customary managerial tactics as people jockey for resource allocation at this early stage of the budget process.

I consider myself to be very well informed about the Cadillac business and planning, I am fully aligned with my peers leading other corporate functions and divisions within the global GM corporation. As enterprise leaders, we jointly decide final resource allocation in response to the bottom-up proposals, once these are received .

To clarify any misconception which may arise from your article, allow me to share future Cadillac product plans, as recently informed to our global dealer organization:

-We ARE planning a Cadillac flagship which will NOT be a 4 door sedan;

-We ARE planning a large crossover beneath Escalade;

-We ARE planning a compact crossover beneath XT5;

-We ARE planning a comprehensive enhancement to CT6 later during life cycle;

-We ARE planning a major refresh for XTS;

-We ARE planning a new Lux 3 sedan entry;

-We ARE planning a new Lux 2 sedan entry;

These programs are secure and development work is well underway, with very substantial costs already committed.

In addition, new powertrain applications for the above portfolio, which will include New Energy applications, are also part of the confirmed planning.
I trust these unusually transparent insights which I have shared, will allay the fears of thousands of Cadillac fans who will greet your article with justified consternation .

Johan de Nysschen
Well then. Not every day this happens.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:31 AM   #3663
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Well then. Not every day this happens.
So ... there is a flagship program for Cadillac. It is not going to be a sedan. That is simultaneously a lot of info and next to nothing.

If an existing program got rejiggered from a sedan there are only 2 options. A crossover, or a coupe.

• A crossover would make sense, given current market & the abundance of crossovers mentioned in that little blurb.
  • A coupe would make sense, given Cadillacs history (both distant and recent) at building attention grabbing coupes.
Of course, if the program was never a sedan in the first place or it has truly been cancelled but replaced with something else entirely, then that opens up other options. Like a mid engined sports car. Or a 'super SUV' positioned above the Escalade.

Or who knows ... maybe Johan thinks that a '4 door hatchback coupe' isn't essentially a sedan.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 08-30-2016, 11:27 AM   #3664
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
They had to do something... that 6 speed trans isn't worth a crap.
The only thing I can reason as to why it is so bad (better after an update, but still not great from what I can tell) is b/c of the tune. It must be tuned in such a way to squeak out MPG, they aren't willing to give up that extra little big of MPG for a better tune.

I'm fairly certain the 6 speed auto is the same transmission used in the 5th gen V6, and others. In these other applications, (especially the Camaro) the A6 was a great transmission. I really enjoyed it in my 5th gen V6. Never a hiccup. It was also pretty stout.

Hopefully they don't tune the 8 speed with the same gremlins. I have more confidence that they won't.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:56 PM   #3665
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Please join Chevrolet at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago as we reveal the newest member of our lineup on September 22, 2016.

On site, you’ll be able to experience the innovative technology and design features in Chevy’s latest vehicle, and learn about the propulsion, convenience and active safety systems that win customers in its highly competitive segment.
Hmm.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:12 PM   #3666
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Hmm.
Bolt?
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 04:04 PM   #3667
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Bolt?
Or is it a typo & they meant to say "latest vehicleS"

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 08-30-2016, 07:23 PM   #3668
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
I enjoy this time of the year and speculating on new vehicles..this should be good..

Tags
fenwickhockey65, gm questions, questions