Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 06-11-2015, 07:33 AM   #1
Brandon_Lutz

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange 1SS/RS
Opening Technostalgia LED tail lights issue

I've had a set of the Technostalgia LED tail lights installed on my car now for about 3 years with no issues. However, I noticed the other day that one of my lower LED rings has become detached on one of the lamps inside the housing. The lights are still working without issue, however the loose LED strip is an eyesore and it is driving me nuts.

I know several people on here have had issues with their lights and I know some of of you have taken your lamps apart to fix some issues. For those that have, how did you open the housing up to get inside it?

My lights are long out of warranty and I'm not getting any responses back from Technostalgia (which I'm not surprised from what I've seen reported here on the board) I would like to open up the offending light and using some clear epoxy to reattach the loose LED afterburner strip.
Brandon_Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:30 AM   #2
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
I had them when they first came out and they were a must have for me. After about a year I had the inner passenger side get fogged and I contacted Todd at Technolstalgia and the sent me another and all was good. When I traded the car I wanted to remove them but the dealership wanted the car as is so I lost them.
Ended up ordering another set for the new car and no issues with these. I still have 2 sets of OEM's that I plan to open one set of them and adding LED afterburners to them and if I ever an issue with my tails, these will go in in immediately.

Good luck with your dissection.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
BronxxBombers213

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
From what I remember the technostalgias just open up with 4 screws
Old 06-11-2015, 12:09 PM   #4
Brandon_Lutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronxxBombers213 View Post
From what I remember the technostalgias just open up with 4 screws
Thank you, I'll pull the light out and look at this evening. I didn't know if they were sealed with an adhesive I would have to heat up to get the housing to separate from the lens.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:11 PM   #5
Brandon_Lutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
I had them when they first came out and they were a must have for me. After about a year I had the inner passenger side get fogged and I contacted Todd at Technolstalgia and the sent me another and all was good. When I traded the car I wanted to remove them but the dealership wanted the car as is so I lost them.
Ended up ordering another set for the new car and no issues with these. I still have 2 sets of OEM's that I plan to open one set of them and adding LED afterburners to them and if I ever an issue with my tails, these will go in in immediately.

Good luck with your dissection.
I really can't complain about the lights until this recent issue. Until yesterday, I never had the problems others had such as fogging lights, battery drain, etc. Mine have worked perfect from day 1 and continue to do so. The only issue is that the bottom half ring has become detached. Once I get it apart it will only take a couple of minutes to fix from what I can tell from looking at the light.
Old 06-13-2015, 09:44 AM   #6
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Yea I've had good luck myself. I did have the battery drain but I disconnected the wire for show mode and that stopped. I use them strictly for tail lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk