Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Photos | Videos | Renderings

AWE Tuning

Old 05-29-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
DCZ1LE

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Stingray Styling Cues

Back when the gen 6 was still buried in camo, some of us wondered if it was heading toward some Corvette styling.

Now that it's revealed I think that's just what they were after. Slim down the 5th gen a little and jazz it up with some nods to the 'vette.

DCZ1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 05:48 AM   #2
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
Yep I said it all along.....
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:29 AM   #3
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Also, the 4-sided quarter panel glass. Although that's more of a general industry-wide pattern lately. Everybody's creating a sort of cut / notch where there'd normally be a corner between the belt line and the roof. The Camaro and Corvette have their "notches" at different angles. If it was like the Corvette's, it'd unfortunately look like a 2015 mustang.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 03:58 PM   #4
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Tom Peters oversaw the design of both the C7 and the 6th Gen Camaro so they will share a lot of his signature styling elements. Its a good thing.

Another area where the the Gen 6 Camaro picked up some styling cues is the hood with its Stingray like contours and cut lines and the sculped tail lamps that share some C7 inspiration.
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 01:34 PM   #5
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarFan View Post
Tom Peters oversaw the design of both the C7 and the 6th Gen Camaro so they will share a lot of his signature styling elements. Its a good thing.
Fun fact: He also oversaw development of the Pontiac Aztek. Seems like the guy is on a role so far for designing controversial rear ends, including on the 2016 Camaro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Aztek

Sangyup Lee, a South Korean, was primarily responsible for the 2010 Camaro concept. He actually left GM for Volkswagen right after the car went into production, and ever since, people have been screwing with the design. IMO, I'd prefer the Camaro stand out on its own and regain some of the concept-car feel, rather than being a mini Corvette. Bring back the quad tail lamps.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:48 AM   #6
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
IMO, I'd prefer the Camaro stand out on its own and regain some of the concept-car feel, rather than being a mini Corvette. Bring back the quad tail lamps.
Agreed.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:28 AM   #7
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
...and what car do y'all think the original quad taillights were inspired by...?
Old 06-01-2015, 08:39 AM   #8
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
I guess it's a good thing, if you are a fan of the C7 styling. Not everybody is.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:13 AM   #9
Brandon_Lutz

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
I guess it's a good thing, if you are a fan of the C7 styling. Not everybody is.
While I like some elements of the C7, there are parts of it's styling that i hate. I HATE the interior design of the C7, I think it looks tacky with the way the center console and stack come together. That is just my personal opinion though as I prefer interiors that are toned down some and not so busy. The C7 styling element that I wish would be banished from the 6th gen Camaro is the rear bumper styling.

If you look on the rear of the C7, there is a hump/crease that comes down to meet the bumper on the rear of the Vette. However, because it is so narrow it is not bad looking on the Vette. However that same bumper crease is on the back of the 6th Gen and it looks terrible because it is stretched out and is an eyesore and so far seems to be something that almost everyone does not like.

I hope when they do a mid cycle refresh, that part is addressed and is smoothed out.

I'm just thankful at this point that the Camaro doesn't have any gaudy chrome tacked onto the front grill this time like the 5th Gen refresh did on RS models. I made it look like the RS models were wearing glasses and it was an unnecessary styling element that is not needed with today's cars. It just looked out of place IMO. I'm glad to see it gone on the front of the 6th gen.
Brandon_Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:41 AM   #10
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_Lutz View Post
While I like some elements of the C7, there are parts of it's styling that i hate. I HATE the interior design of the C7, I think it looks tacky with the way the center console and stack come together. That is just my personal opinion though as I prefer interiors that are toned down some and not so busy. The C7 styling element that I wish would be banished from the 6th gen Camaro is the rear bumper styling.

If you look on the rear of the C7, there is a hump/crease that comes down to meet the bumper on the rear of the Vette. However, because it is so narrow it is not bad looking on the Vette. However that same bumper crease is on the back of the 6th Gen and it looks terrible because it is stretched out and is an eyesore and so far seems to be something that almost everyone does not like.

I hope when they do a mid cycle refresh, that part is addressed and is smoothed out.

I'm just thankful at this point that the Camaro doesn't have any gaudy chrome tacked onto the front grill this time like the 5th Gen refresh did on RS models. I made it look like the RS models were wearing glasses and it was an unnecessary styling element that is not needed with today's cars. It just looked out of place IMO. I'm glad to see it gone on the front of the 6th gen.
So...

Old 06-04-2015, 09:46 AM   #11
Brandon_Lutz

Drives: 2012 Inferno Orange 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
So...

Grr I forgot about that on the V6 models. Just keep it off the SS models GM. At least now they didn't surround the entire top grille in Chrome, thus giving it the eye glass look.

I wish they would just quit it with the Chrome on most of their cars. They used to put it EVERYwhere, then took it off and things starting looking more modern and classy again. Then someone at GM decided to bring it back and now it looks like a couple of guys just get together in a room at night and go: "Hey lets just find random locations on a car to put Chrome on and tack it on friends!"
Brandon_Lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:48 AM   #12
FenwickHockey65

I think the 6th gen's application is way better than the 5th gen's. It's a throwback to the 2nd gen split bumper.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:14 AM   #13
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I think the 6th gen's application is way better than the 5th gen's. It's a throwback to the 2nd gen split bumper.
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:31 AM   #14
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Also the side markers, wheel arches, and the rear quarter panel how it is shaped and formed especially how it flares in the rocker area.