Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-23-2020, 08:58 AM   #1
Staves

Drives: women crazy
SS 1K mi road trip complete!

4th time I've driven to Monterey from SoCal. Never got stuck in traffic.Took the coast ride back thru Big Sur and stayed over in Santa Barbara one night. Around 400 mi each way. The twisty mountain roads were seriously fun. Car feels so composed, love it.

Can't believe how comfortable this car is given the performance and I have a base 1SS with no options (except my Borla ). And still averaged about 25mpg for the entire trip. Bliss.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2020, 09:08 AM   #2
CamaroChriSS

Drives: 16 1SS M6 Black -previous 00 Z28 M6
These are surprising good road trip cars. I did 900 miles in a day once and it was totally fine (1SS as well). Apple CarPlay and that exhaust note... don't need much more.

It's infinitely better than my 2000 Z28, but also, more surprisingly, just as comfortable as my wife's Highlander (if not more). Granted, that's for one person, a second person would be tighter for that long, and a third is out of the question.
CamaroChriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:10 AM   #3
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
eh. i long hauled the power tour in my 1LE. 3k miles and 9 days total. kinda sucked.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:15 AM   #4
Staves

Quote:
Originally Posted by s346k View Post
eh. i long hauled the power tour in my 1LE. 3k miles and 9 days total. kinda sucked.
1LE probably rides worse and that’s a lot more miles.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:18 AM   #5
Staves

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChriSS View Post
These are surprising good road trip cars. I did 900 miles in a day once and it was totally fine (1SS as well). Apple CarPlay and that exhaust note... don't need much more.

It's infinitely better than my 2000 Z28, but also, more surprisingly, just as comfortable as my wife's Highlander (if not more). Granted, that's for one person, a second person would be tighter for that long, and a third is out of the question.
My gf was with me and our luggage which wasn’t too much for a 5 day trip. I had a 2000 Z28 as well.
Old 10-23-2020, 09:21 AM   #6
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
My record was 4,026 miles from South Louisiana to furthest end point of Little Big Horn. This was broken up. We had two, true iron butt stages. Going up we went from Tulsa, OK to Wall, SD. The winner was from Sioux Falls, IA to home. Some 1,015 miles. Two drivers, both north of 6 decades. It was a great drive from Spearfish to Little Big Horn on a mostly two lane, back country jaunt. The 2016 2SS 6M with MRC was a good long hauler.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:33 AM   #7
s346k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
1LE probably rides worse and that’s a lot more miles.
the cars ride isn't in question. it's the living out of the car idea. really highlights the fact there's no interior storage. my daughter had to ride with 2 cell phones in her lap the whole time. we had walkie talkies, maps, drinks, snacks etc. all of which was in the floorboard. luckily she's tiny.

the trunk space did work, though. had our luggage, car wash stuff and a leaf blower back there. all of the freebie things we picked up on the way and the cooler went in the back seats.

the recaros began to wear on me around hour 6. we had a 14 hr drive to carolina beach right out of the gate.

edit: i, also, had a 2k z28...
Old 10-23-2020, 09:41 AM   #8
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
One thing I will say the seats are easier on my back side than the wife’s Highlander. 1.5hrs is about all I can handle before I’m numb.

I can go several hrs in camaro seats no problem.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #9
HCI2000SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro V6/RS
My only complaint is the low profile run flat tires on the 20" wheels. Other than that I agree this car is very comfortable on a road trip
HCI2000SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 09:56 AM   #10
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
I haven't taken any long road trips yet but after 16 months of ownership, I, too, am surprised at the comfort of this car.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:06 AM   #11
Staves

Quote:
the cars ride isn't in question. it's the living out of the car idea. really highlights the fact there's no interior storage. my daughter had to ride with 2 cell phones in her lap the whole time. we had walkie talkies, maps, drinks, snacks etc. all of which was in the floorboard. luckily she's tiny.

the trunk space did work, though. had our luggage, car wash stuff and a leaf blower back there. all of the freebie things we picked up on the way and the cooler went in the back seats.

the recaros began to wear on me around hour 6. we had a 14 hr drive to carolina beach right out of the gate.

edit: i, also, had a 2k z28...

Yeah, 7 hrs is my limit in one day in this car.....or really any car. The ride up took 7hrs.....all freeway really and that included a couple stops for food. Way back that was split into 2 days. I have no kids and wouldn't even consider the trip with back seat passengers.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:14 AM   #12
s346k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staves View Post
Yeah, 7 hrs is my limit in one day in this car.....or really any car. The ride up took 7hrs.....all freeway really and that included a couple stops for food. Way back that was split into 2 days. I have no kids and wouldn't even consider the trip with back seat passengers.
the back seats are not for people. my daughter rode shotgun the whole time, but we did make a short jaunt around indiana with my niece and her bf in the back. they sat with their legs crossed as neither could put their feet in the footwell. i bought the maro bc it has back seats, i think they've been used...twice in the 22k miles it has.

if i had it to do over id have bought a c7 instead.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:39 AM   #13
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
I dove right in, driving almost 600 home from the dealership. I agree that the Camaro is surprisingly comfortable for long rides. I would say that the seats are even more comfortable than the seats in all three of my previous Infiniti's. My wife's SUV has zero gravity seats (apparently inspired by NASA design) and my Camaro seats give those a run for their money.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:40 AM   #14
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
the back seats are not for people. my daughter rode shotgun the whole time, but we did make a short jaunt around indiana with my niece and her bf in the back. they sat with their legs crossed as neither could put their feet in the footwell. i bought the maro bc it has back seats, i think they've been used...twice in the 22k miles it has.

if i had it to do over id have bought a c7 instead.
You should see my almost 6’ kid contorted to fit back there. All four of us went on the test drive when I got my SS.

Last time that ever happened. LOL
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote