Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #57
jp9109
Clay Sculptor at GM

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin803 View Post
I am here. At least I work in Bloomfield Hills. Drive down Woodward to work everyday (yep, can watch the dream cruise out of my office).
That's pretty sweet!! I usually head there once every weekend for the "unofficial" cruise in the evenings... it's fun but has been very small lately. Maybe I'll see ya one night!!

And there are a lot of people there that don't understand how to control power either...
jp9109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:16 PM   #58
jp9109
Clay Sculptor at GM

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, M6, MRC, NPP
[QUOTE=Lukemo;9315078]I've never seen anyone on the forum from around here, either. You would be the first!

We need to find more people around here and get some meets going!!
jp9109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:35 PM   #59
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Some people never miss an opportunity to inject politics into every conversation.

I know it might be hard for some to believe, but Camaros are apolitical.
Trump drives a Camaro. Hillary drives a Mustang.......
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:42 PM   #60
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Did the OP ever explain his position that some people should not have purchased an SS?
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:42 PM   #61
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
He's probably tired of seeing all the morons wrecking the SS within the first year of ownership and driving up insurance costs for everyone.

Not really political response: I want smaller government, but I think anything with a license should have more classes and endorsements attached. A person that has only owned Civics & Jettas should not be jumping into a modern American V8, RWD anything without some experience. Want to operate 400+hp RWD Sports Cars, take a class and get an endorsement on your license for it -- like you do with buses, tractor trailers and motorcycles.

As I have progressed through vehicles purchases, I have increased performance incrementally. I was smart enough to know that you don't go from sub-200hp to 400+hp in one leap. Best thing I ever did as a driver was when I used the free BMW driver school certificate I got from leasing a 2000 330i. That course shed light on a lot of behaviors that many people never learn.

Sadly, I see a number of people buying Camaros & Mustangs where they traded in a 4-cylinder, 4-door econo-box. When they want to show off, they are dangerous.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:38 PM   #62
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Keon, did she mean you should spend more time in her and not the car? I'm not one of those, I love mine and I want it to have more power and that will happen soon.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:49 PM   #63
Whis

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue
Great, detailed POST op. Really awesome. Glad you made it, glad I clicked the thread.
Whis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:28 AM   #64
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
Did the OP ever explain his position that some people should not have purchased an SS?
I thought it was obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
He's probably tired of seeing all the morons wrecking the SS within the first year of ownership and driving up insurance costs for everyone.

Not really political response: I want smaller government, but I think anything with a license should have more classes and endorsements attached. A person that has only owned Civics & Jettas should not be jumping into a modern American V8, RWD anything without some experience. Want to operate 400+hp RWD Sports Cars, take a class and get an endorsement on your license for it -- like you do with buses, tractor trailers and motorcycles.

As I have progressed through vehicles purchases, I have increased performance incrementally. I was smart enough to know that you don't go from sub-200hp to 400+hp in one leap. Best thing I ever did as a driver was when I used the free BMW driver school certificate I got from leasing a 2000 330i. That course shed light on a lot of behaviors that many people never learn.

Sadly, I see a number of people buying Camaros & Mustangs where they traded in a 4-cylinder, 4-door econo-box. When they want to show off, they are dangerous.
This + read some of the questions. I know we all have questions when we're noobs, but some of the stuff posted here........................SMH

So after a month of new threads I thought it was time to resurrect this one. And, after some thought, I have revised the title.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.

Last edited by Hyper16; 10-24-2016 at 09:55 AM.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:15 AM   #65
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
I disagree with the enough power part. My 17 fifty is my dd and no it's not enough for me. I sold my 2012 ctsv wagon (modded) that put out 674 rwhp 637 ft lb torque (daily driver). The v was adequate but not neck snapping. Tbh I had my new ss less than a month before adding a tune. It's down now getting headers and more than likely a blower. This will satisfy me as a comfy daily. I'm 31 yo (not a newb) and the ss in stock form is decent but nothing to brag home about imho. I live in Houston and driven in Ft Lauderdale Fl and yes you can open them up and reap benefits of a healthy V8 trust me.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:27 AM   #66
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I disagree with the enough power part. My 17 fifty is my dd and no it's not enough for me. I sold my 2012 ctsv wagon (modded) that put out 674 rwhp 637 ft lb torque (daily driver). The v was adequate but not neck snapping. Tbh I had my new ss less than a month before adding a tune. It's down now getting headers and more than likely a blower. This will satisfy me as a comfy daily. I'm 31 yo (not a newb) and the ss in stock form is decent but nothing to brag home about imho. I live in Houston and driven in Ft Lauderdale Fl and yes you can open them up and reap benefits of a healthy V8 trust me.
Power is just a small part of it. I think that was assumed because my original title was 'Some People Should NOT Have Purchased An SS'. If you haven't read the entire thread, start from the beginning. A lot of different folks contributed some serious insight.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:29 AM   #67
TommyDuncan

Drives: 2016 SS2
For me this car is mostly about getting everything stock I have worked hard to get out of other cars.
I could put this drivetrain in my lighter 63 Nova and it would be slower. It would NEVER handle this good either. Not enough room for tires...
And the thought of surviving a crash at higher speeds in it is pretty terrifying. Also easier to steal and harder to insure.
Then there are the things like stereos and hands free phone calls. Pretty hard to make a 60s car compete with a new SS, and even if you could I doubt it would he any cheaper.
TommyDuncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:07 PM   #68
Arex

Drives: 2016 NFG 2SS
I might be one of those who shouldn't have bought a Camaro. I want to say I've never even gone 100% WOT on the car, maybe 70%. I just cannot make use of the car's performance in my area. Either too dangerous, too many cops, low speed limit, or too much traffic.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:25 PM   #69
DisturbedSS

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arex View Post
I might be one of those who shouldn't have bought a Camaro. I want to say I've never even gone 100% WOT on the car, maybe 70%. I just cannot make use of the car's performance in my area. Either too dangerous, too many cops, low speed limit, or too much traffic.

Throttled back or not, your Camaro purchase was a good one! ....this coming from a guy who just did a Magnuson install and has to throttle back ALL the time.

Like I always say, every year the car manufacturers keep upping HP numbers, but speed limits never change. Sales tactics used by manufactures and 3rd party parts vendors to make $$$.

My thrills happen from zero-10 miles over the speed limit and on an occasional curved road course run. After 3-5 secs of thrill I can be WAY over the speed limit. Rarely go WOT and Ive always wondered why DD guys insist on adding mods for upper RPM range...when can you ever use it legally? 11 seconds on a track several times a year?...lot of $$$$ for 11 secs of fun.

Not all of us live in rural areas, have abandoned airstrips nearby and Fast & Furious is movie fantasy. And that just sux!! Can you imagine free access to an airport runway?...I would never leave.

Last edited by DisturbedSS; 10-24-2016 at 12:51 PM.
DisturbedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 12:40 PM   #70
DisturbedSS

Drives: 16 Camaro 2SS
Lot of people have posted that drivers cant handle going from a slow sedan to an 8cyl muscle car...really??. These cars come throttled down from the factory and all the nannies are turned on so any newbie can drive it. Do you normally go WOT when backing your car out?...LOL. If you are in the 16-25 age group, statistically you are the most dangerous drivers regardless of vehicle.

A ZL1 or Z06...now those you should by all means ease into, definitely NOT a newbie car. Most if not all dealers will NOT let you even test drive these unless you are proven a serious buyer.

Its not the car that makes someone dangerous, its the driver behind the wheel. I can be just as dangerous in an Altima as I can in a SS. Silly to think otherwise.

Last edited by DisturbedSS; 10-24-2016 at 12:55 PM.
DisturbedSS is offline   Reply With Quote