Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 01-07-2016, 02:44 PM   #1
MikeyCamaro

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Challenger Guy Invasion

Hi guys. I finally had to sign up here. I own a 2015 Challenger SRT A8 but I'm really excited about the 2016 Camaro so I hope you guys will let me hang out here with you. This being my second Challenger, I'd honestly take a look at moving over to the Camaro if I could find a way to live with the back seat. Nothing wrong with the car I have but I tend to get bored quick and I've owned a Challenger since 2009 and fell in love the 6th gen Camaro. Only thing stopping me is that I have 2 kids (12 and 15) and one is always in the back seat. When each brings a friend, I can still haul all 5 in the Challenger so I just can't see how the Camaro would work. If I didn't regularly haul the kids and their friends, I'd probably be trolling Chevy dealers right now. As it is, maybe in about 3 years when one is off to college... I do like how the Challenger carries so much heritage in its looks and looks more like the old ones... but yeah, I'm kinda over that and like the more modern look of the Camaro just as much now.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say Hi and say you all have some beautiful cars! Hope you don't mind me hanging around and enjoying some of your pics, vids, and other talk from a car enthusiast from the other side of the fence.

Mike
MikeyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:49 PM   #2
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Welcome.

Just buy a daily driver for hauling the kiddos. That's what I did.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:50 PM   #3
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Thanks for joining! Welcome.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:07 PM   #4
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Welcome.

Yup. That's what I did also. And welcome. My brother has 2014 SRT 392. I love the look of the Challengers also. I almost bit on 2015 Scat Pack before I purchased my 2SS. I think either way, I would have been happy.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:08 PM   #5
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Happy to have you!

I've always liked the looks of the Challenger. Never liked the Charger... I just think police car when I see them. The Challenger on the other hand just looks plain ol' mean!

And, you are right about the back seats in the Camaro.....Absolutely worthless and essentially impossible to even get into for anyone over 5' 2".
Old 01-07-2016, 03:09 PM   #6
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Welcome.

this. you can find a cheap little Honda or Toyota used to handle passangers, or a used SUV like it did.

their old enough get a job and to start saving up for their own.

or... hook them up with a bus pass
Techn9cian805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:15 PM   #7
pete1077

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS
I test drove a challenger scat pack. Very impressive acceleration. I found the car too big but I also understand that's how it's designed. The back seats are very comfortable. The Camaro back seats are tiny. When I test drove the Camaro, my wife who is 5'2" sat in the back and she found it comfortable but it's really only comfortable to children and small people. I don't think you can comfortably carry 5 people in a Camaro.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #8
JPJr

Drives: 2016 Summit White 1SS
Welcome.
I traded a loaded 2015 SRT392 Challenger in on a '15 Camaro base model.
I couldn't resist the price they were selling the '15s for.
Mistake.
I immediately missed the V8 and all the bells and whistles of the SRT.
So I placed an order for a '16 SS.

Picked it up a few weeks ago.

Still miss the Challenger a bit, and it's bruiser look.
Uconnect is better than MyLink.
Miss my auto cruise
this one's a bit silly, but ALL the exterior lights on the Chally were LED.
Camaro still has some incandescents.

On new SS:
No one will fit comfortably in the back seat.
But...
I do like the flared hips look of the Camaro, Challenger was sort of slab sided.
The NPP exhaust lets you change the exhaust at will.
The mag ride of the Camaro feels more composed than the 3 mode Bilsteins.

The Camaro's a sports car now.
The Challenger is a big Muscle car of the old school variety.
Pro's and cons to both.

Good luck!
Old 01-07-2016, 03:28 PM   #9
MikeyCamaro

Thanks for the welcome all! Yeah, I had thought about going the beater route. Was worried about insurance on 2 cars at first, but I just realized, I'm gonna have to get my daughter a small/safe car in the next year anyway. A little background: I'm divorced and share custody of both kids 50% with the ex (amicable thing). What I might do is take a serious look at the Camaro in another 6 months or so and maybe they could work up a good deal on a Camaro plus a used car for my daughter. I'm not in a big frenzy to get out of the Challenger, don't get me wrong. I love that car. But something about this Camaro has gotten me a bit moist in the britches.

I've been wanting to find the time to go and actually look at the 2016 Camaro but haven't gotten there yet. I looked at the 2015's when I got my 2015 Challenger and tried out the back seat and that kept me away. At 5'8" I couldn't begin to sit up straight in the back of the Camaro and with the driver's seat set for my height, the back of the front seat was still almost touching the seat of the back seat. I've read conflicting reports: some reports say there's actually a little MORE room in the back of the 2016's. Is that true? Or are they just as bad/worse than the 2015 Camaros?

Oh, BTW, trunk space is not really an issue for me. I've hauled some big stuff in the mammoth trunk of the Challenger but maybe 4x in six years and I don't take many trips so I have zero problems with a small trunk.

Mike
Old 01-07-2016, 03:29 PM   #10
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete1077 View Post
I test drove a challenger scat pack. Very impressive acceleration. I found the car too big but I also understand that's how it's designed. The back seats are very comfortable. The Camaro back seats are tiny. When I test drove the Camaro, my wife who is 5'2" sat in the back and she found it comfortable but it's really only comfortable to children and small people. I don't think you can comfortably carry 5 people in a Camaro.
I must be the rare exception here then. I'm 5'6" 150, my wife is 4'11 100 pounds, my oldest son is 14 5'4" 105 pounds and my youngest is 11 5'0" 110 pounds. We all manage to fit comfortably inside with no issues. The kids love the wireless charging. They bought the wireless charging adapters for the iphone 6s on Amazon with their Christmas money and it actually works.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:31 PM   #11
priusowners

Drives: 67LincolnConv 71Cuda 65CorvairConv
Cool you're here!
Been driving w/ my brother's Hellcat past year & he's
just totally afraid of twisting into a pretzel--mostly why I
went Bow-Tie this time--want a DRIVER
Enjoy yer ride, man!
priusowners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:31 PM   #12
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCamaro View Post
Hi guys. I finally had to sign up here. I own a 2015 Challenger SRT A8 but I'm really excited about the 2016 Camaro so I hope you guys will let me hang out here with you. This being my second Challenger, I'd honestly take a look at moving over to the Camaro if I could find a way to live with the back seat. Nothing wrong with the car I have but I tend to get bored quick and I've owned a Challenger since 2009 and fell in love the 6th gen Camaro. Only thing stopping me is that I have 2 kids (12 and 15) and one is always in the back seat. When each brings a friend, I can still haul all 5 in the Challenger so I just can't see how the Camaro would work. If I didn't regularly haul the kids and their friends, I'd probably be trolling Chevy dealers right now. As it is, maybe in about 3 years when one is off to college... I do like how the Challenger carries so much heritage in its looks and looks more like the old ones... but yeah, I'm kinda over that and like the more modern look of the Camaro just as much now.

Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say Hi and say you all have some beautiful cars! Hope you don't mind me hanging around and enjoying some of your pics, vids, and other talk from a car enthusiast from the other side of the fence.

Mike
Well.. Is it at least sublime green?
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #13
MikeyCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0311 View Post
Well.. Is it at least sublime green?
Haha. No. Crystal Granite.

Mike
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2016, 03:45 PM   #14
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyCamaro View Post
Haha. No. Crystal Granite.

Mike
Fair enough I guess

That's a sweet SRT though man. I really like the '15+ Challengers.
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote