Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-02-2016, 11:22 PM   #1
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
2011 v6 Camaro gm ground effects

I have the ark n2 exhaust on my car with 4.5 inch tips and was wondering if the gm ground effects rear would fit over this. Could I take those chrome bezels out if needed instead? I know I saw a member on here do this but I can't find them. Any one have information on this?
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 11:20 AM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
You'll definitely have to take the chrome bezels out. I have the MRT tips and gm ground effects and they are a pretty close fit.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:35 AM   #3
camarozzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
You'll definitely have to take the chrome bezels out. I have the MRT tips and gm ground effects and they are a pretty close fit.
That's what I was thinking. It would not look too bad without the bezels. I wish I could find some pictures of someone who had done this. The tips are so big it would full up the part without the bezel pretty well I figure.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:24 PM   #4
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarozzzz View Post
That's what I was thinking. It would not look too bad without the bezels. I wish I could find some pictures of someone who had done this. The tips are so big it would full up the part without the bezel pretty well I figure.
I dont think it would look bad without the bezels. I've seen it without them awhile ago but i do not recall the thread. Additionally, I think people (camaro folks) are so use to seeing them that they're not use to seeing them without the bezels, which stand out.

FWIW, the tips you have are almost flush to the oem diffuser. A buddy in my club has that set up and looks good.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:46 PM   #5
camarozzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
I dont think it would look bad without the bezels. I've seen it without them awhile ago but i do not recall the thread. Additionally, I think people (camaro folks) are so use to seeing them that they're not use to seeing them without the bezels, which stand out.

FWIW, the tips you have are almost flush to the oem diffuser. A buddy in my club has that set up and looks good.
Thanks for the advice!! I've thought it would look great without the bezels but have never seen it in person. Yeah they basically sit right with the current diffuser. Your buddy has the gm gfx and the arK n2? Do you think you could get me some pictures ?? I want to see how it sits.