Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 09-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
2013SS

Drives: Black with Burnt Orange Stripes
Window tint and such

New guy here,

My car finally rolled off the truck at 830am and was at the tint shop by 930am. I just cant stand a car with no tint... Anyhow, I went to get the tint and the owner asked me about my plans for the car. For now, just tint to include the windshield, lights, debadge, and black chevy emblems. To my amazement he says he can do it all; and for just $350.00.

Now, I have never been to this place but the reviews were great and he has a huge clean garage filled with luxery cars to include a few exotics that they are doing different things too. So I said lets do it. It should be ready this eveing. I hope it all turns out good. I will post pics later. Wish me luck.
2013SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Cool.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #3
ReoRockStar

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT 45th AE
What tint? Percentage wise and color?

I'm thinking 35% charcoal for mine. Maybe 20%. I live in NJ and its kinda illegal. But I agree with you. Cars look way better tinted.

Last edited by ReoRockStar; 09-21-2012 at 01:55 PM.
ReoRockStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #4
2013SS

If you think thats bad then youre gonna think I am crazy.. lol I am getting 5% on all the windows with 40% on the front windshield. I know it's illegal just about EVERYWHERE but I was a probation officer until about a year ago and I was allowed to do it so it's hard to go back. Never wanted anyone that I requested be locked away or that I violated to know me too much in my personal vehicles. Just would have been more aggravation or worse. It just looks so good that way... 20% looks pretty good as well though. I would say go for it. Looks great on any color car, protects your interior, and less heat gets in.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
kobSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I had 20% on mine for a couple months then went to all 5% after a groupon deal came up...

Looks way better when its 5% - but noticeably harder to see out at night sometimes. Can be pretty scary.
Pfadt'ed Out Level 4, Pfadt Featherlight Coilovers, Pfadt ZL1 Sways, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, CTS-V Brakes, Borla S-Type, Quad Tips, Forgestar 22" F14's (Show), CAI Intake w/ scoop, Rx Catch-Can, AAC Lighting, Showstopper Sidemarkers

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age"

Build Thread
kobSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #6
MiracleAces

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS Coupe
Where in Virginia do you live and what company is doing the tint for you?

"Being persistant and never giving up may not always get the job done, but it just may annoy someone else enough to make it worth your while."
MiracleAces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #7
2013SS

Thanks for moving the thread. I just realized I posted in the wrong place again. I live in Alexandria Va. Exceptional tint is the name of the place.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Sounds good. I stayed legal on my Camaro, I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old and do not want to be hassled with police and inspections! I do love that dark tint though, especially in NC.
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #9
ReoRockStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013SS View Post
If you think thats bad then youre gonna think I am crazy.. lol I am getting 5% on all the windows with 40% on the front windshield. I know it's illegal just about EVERYWHERE but I was a probation officer until about a year ago and I was allowed to do it so it's hard to go back. Never wanted anyone that I requested be locked away or that I violated to know me too much in my personal vehicles. Just would have been more aggravation or worse. It just looks so good that way... 20% looks pretty good as well though. I would say go for it. Looks great on any color car, protects your interior, and less heat gets in.
Lol if I got 5% here in Nj I wouldn't be able to pull out of my driveway with out getting a ticket.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #10
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I did the same thing as you the day I picked up my SS, I went right to the tint shop from the dealership.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
ReoRockStar

Well I'm off Saturday morning to tint my windows. I decided to go with 3M 20% on the sides and rear and 35% on the doors. Can't wait.

Smoke?
Charcoal?

I'm leaning towards charcoal because of the color of the 45th AE. Any thoughts.