Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-09-2015, 11:07 AM   #99
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Maybe we should just ditch semi-conductors and go back to vacuum tubes, Geez. LEDs are more reliable, more efficient, use less power, and don't generate the heat that an incandescent bulb makes which make packaging them in a light housing MUCH easier. It's called advancement in technology for those that can't seem to grasp that. Back in my consumer products days we'd have killed for the brightness output and efficiency available now in LEDs that wasn't available years ago. With those advancements they are now more suitable for automotive use and that is why we are seeing them more.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:15 AM   #100
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Maybe we should just ditch semi-conductors and go back to vacuum tubes, Geez. LEDs are more reliable, more efficient, use less power, and don't generate the heat that an incandescent bulb makes which make packaging them in a light housing MUCH easier. It's called advancement in technology for those that can't seem to grasp that. Back in my consumer products days we'd have killed for the brightness output and efficiency available now in LEDs that wasn't available years ago. With those advancements they are now more suitable for automotive use and that is why we are seeing them more.
Let's go back to AM radios and 8 track tapes too.... Get rid of these gimmicky touch screens and internet radios with USB ports.
If the competition is going to it then Chevy needs to or get left behind again...
Old 06-09-2015, 12:49 PM   #101
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
I'm sick of this whole taillight argument. Who gives a FF? The 10-13's made for a nice Malibu:
How this has not incited a riot amongst the 10-13 guys, I have no idea. Lol

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:07 PM   #102
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
A good portion seem to dislike the 6th gen anyway, so they probably haven't seen it and are over on camaro5 lol
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 02:12 PM   #103
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
Who cares, most likely getting caught up the the I4 or V6 debate
Old 06-09-2015, 02:42 PM   #104
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
You can't admit when you are wrong, can you? I just proved LED taillights are safer! You don't notice regular taillights are "on" until about .2 seconds after a LED tail. That time adds to the amount of time it takes to stop. About a car length at highway speed. The instant on factor is another attribute as well, but still doesn't change this 17.6 foot increase in stopping distance.
It takes most folks approx. 2 seconds to react from relaxed, to OMG STOP! so that's only a 10% improvement. Having said that, I do like the new stuttering third brake lights.

If you want to talk about safety improvements behind the wheel, talk about outlawing cell-phone use while driving.

(Before anyone decides to argue how wonderful their reaction times are, I'm not going there..... you're slow to react... everyone is. It's science, bitchez!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttesort1 View Post
Drops mic
Old 06-09-2015, 03:09 PM   #105
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Is using your cell phone (sans a hands free device that is) illegal finally in all 50 states yet? Needs to be.

That being said, using a hands-free device that you can use through the stereo/head-unit is no less dangerous than talking to a passenger and changing the radio station. Texting is obviously idiotic and should be outlawed in all 50 if it isn't already.
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #106
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
Is using your cell phone (sans a hands free device that is) illegal finally in all 50 states yet? Needs to be.

That being said, using a hands-free device that you can use through the stereo/head-unit is no less dangerous than talking to a passenger and changing the radio station. Texting is obviously idiotic and should be outlawed in all 50 if it isn't already.
There are lots of thing that are outlawed to do in and with cars, but people do it anyway... Just because they pass a law will not stop people from doing it.
How many speeding ticket threads have you seen on here? How many people still do it??
Old 06-09-2015, 03:37 PM   #107
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
There are lots of thing that are outlawed to do in and with cars, but people do it anyway... Just because they pass a law will not stop people from doing it.
How many speeding ticket threads have you seen on here? How many people still do it??
The difference is texting and driving is MUCH MUCH more dangerous than speeding. Especially when most people who speed are paying close attention to their driving. Texting and driving is the opposite and a crash is inevitable.
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:41 PM   #108
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Quote:
Can't disagree here... lol good point man.
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:53 PM   #109
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Maybe we should just ditch semi-conductors and go back to vacuum tubes, Geez. It's called advancement in technology for those that can't seem to grasp that.
Quote:
Let's go back to AM radios and 8 track tapes too.... Get rid of these gimmicky touch screens and internet radios with USB ports.
Well you guys are making an excellent effort at dumbing down this whole discussion. Sure... I'd love to go back to only AM radio and 8-tracks - who wouldn't? (that implies "sarcasm"). And by the way MLL67RSSS, in the live music industry, NOTHING has been invented that sounds better than an electric guitar played through a vacuum tube amp - nothing. Old vacuum Fender, Vox, Marshall amps go for outrageous prices... because they are the best.

Not relating to incandescent vs LED lights here, but not everything is better than what it replaces. A lot of those things were created simply because they increased retail profits - example: all the "Made In China" crap we have to buy now. It's cheap and increases retail profits. Period.

So as far as LEDs all over the place, you can preach improved safety, better lifespan, cooler, or cheaper to produce/repair, all you want... it doesn't mean it's "better". It just means people have taken the bait and been conditioned to believe it's better. I accept it and I don't boycott products because of it, but I don't have to like it... and I don't.

And before you go there... I also don't want to go back to drum brakes, points, condensers, and spark plugs that need to be replace every 10,000 miles either. Technology has necessarily improved many things in the automotive industry, but much of it is also just shiny trinkets to attract buyers.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 03:56 PM   #110
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassment View Post
The difference is texting and driving is MUCH MUCH more dangerous than speeding. Especially when most people who speed are paying close attention to their driving. Texting and driving is the opposite and a crash is inevitable.
The thing is people already do both at the same time and you can kill or be killed doing either one..
Old 06-09-2015, 04:00 PM   #111
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Well you guys are making an excellent effort at dumbing down this whole discussion. Sure... I'd love to go back to only AM radio and 8-tracks - who wouldn't? (that implies "sarcasm"). And by the way MLL67RSSS, in the live music industry, NOTHING has been invented that sounds better than an electric guitar played through a vacuum tube amp - nothing. Old vacuum Fender, Vox, Marshall amps go for outrageous prices... because they are the best.

Not relating to incandescent vs LED lights here, but not everything is better than what it replaces. A lot of those things were created simply because they increased retail profits - example: all the "Made In China" crap we have to buy now. It's cheap and increases retail profits. Period.

So as far as LEDs all over the place, you can preach improved safety, better lifespan, cooler, or cheaper to produce/repair, all you want... it doesn't mean it's "better". It just means people have taken the bait and been conditioned to believe it's better. I accept it and I don't boycott products because of it, but I don't have to like it... and I don't.
Just trying to lighten things up some, people are taking this too seriously.
It's something that is happening throughout the industry, you don't want other manufacturers taking sales away just because the Camaro does not have LED tail lights... Lots of people like them and believe it or not would buy something else that offered them if the Camaro didn't.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #112
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
A good portion seem to dislike the 6th gen anyway, so they probably haven't seen it and are over on camaro5 lol
Well I'm here and on Camaro5, as I suspect most here are. Should we start a poll: Who owns a 2016 Camaro? Idiot. I have a 2013 now but really like most things I see about the 6th Gen hence, I am here to discuss what is about to be.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote