Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-03-2015, 08:15 AM   #29
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
You might be the only one on planet earth to NOT like LEDs.
That could be... but I doubt it. I just get tired of the glitz and glamour look that so many seem to be after these days. I would much rather the money spent on $500 tail light assemblies be used to increase performance or interior comfort/convenience. Adding shiny or fancy objects to an otherwise beautifully designed automobile simply to attract chimps with wallets, is just foolish and unnecessary to me.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #30
V6CamaroRS

Drives: '14 V6 RS, DM Exhaust, Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Adams View Post
+1, the 14-15 are just pathetic.
The RS tail lamps are ok. They have a bit of shape and definition to them. The standard lamps shocked me at how bland they were the first time I saw them.

I really liked the 10-13 lamps, but they're starting to show their age and look a bit dated.

Same with the shape grill on the earlier models that had a much more pointed look. I used to love it, but now it just feels dated. I look at it and see way too much plastic interfering with airflow.

I like the new 16 lamps, but I just have one complaint: in the Corvette there is the black plastic insert that hides the fact that the tail lamps angle down toward the bumper and away from the deck lid. This gives the impression that the lamps are fully integrated into the rear end. The Camaro has no such disguise. Every time I look at the backend I want to go yell at the engineers to make them flush with the deck lid!

A small complaint perhaps, but it's something I hope gets fixed in the 2017 model.

Despite that niggling detail, I really love that Camaro is back in line with the Vette tail lamps. (Which were apparently inspired by the '10 Camaro which was apparently inspired by the C6 Vette! Oh what a tangled web we weave!)
Old 06-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #31
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
That could be... but I doubt it. I just get tired of the glitz and glamour look that so many seem to be after these days. I would much rather the money spent on $500 tail light assemblies be used to increase performance or interior comfort/convenience. Adding shiny or fancy objects to an otherwise beautifully designed automobile simply to attract chimps with wallets, is just foolish and unnecessary to me.
You just insulted everyone on here that likes the LED tail lights, good job...
Old 06-03-2015, 08:43 AM   #32
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
You just insulted everyone on here that likes the LED tail lights, good job...
Please untangle your panties. I'm just saying the LEDs are for looks only. To attract buyers with the bling effect. I am sure there will be replies touting the "added safety factor" of the brighter LED lights, but I don't buy that. If anything they are an added distraction on the highway (something we certainly don't need in these days of texting, phoning, etc.), making their sole purpose to appeal to people's animal fascination with shiny baubles and trinkets.

And I put myself in that category as well... I just don't fall for the bait as easily as many others do. No insult intended... just simple truth.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 08:58 AM   #33
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Please untangle your panties. I'm just saying the LEDs are for looks only. To attract buyers with the bling effect. I am sure there will be replies touting the "added safety factor" of the brighter LED lights, but I don't buy that. If anything they are an added distraction on the highway (something we certainly don't need in these days of texting, phoning, etc.), making their sole purpose to appeal to people's animal fascination with shiny baubles and trinkets

And I put myself in that category as well... I just don't fall for the bait as easily as many others do. No insult intended... just simple truth.
According to that logic, your ideal car would be a square box with wheels, because everything done to the exterior of the new camaro or to any car is to appeal to people's fascination and draw their attention, useless in other words.
LEDs are awesome, get over it.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:10 AM   #34
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
For me, the 16 tail lights are a improvement over the 14 tail lamps in my eyes, not that the 14 lamps look bad either. The 10 - 13 still look nice, aggressive, and more muscular, but they are aging for sure. So for me, the 10 - 13 and the new 16 take the cake.

But that's just the tail lights.....

When taking consideration of the entire rear end, the 16 is MUCH better than the 14 rear when you consider how far the rear diffuser comes up, and how plain jane/afterthought the rear diffuser looks on the 14 model. The Z/28 diffuser....is awesome. The V6 and SS....horrible.
Lets be honest, they could put a bowtie on a turd and you would like it, we all know that lol.

As for tail lights, there meh.. avg..mauve.. if they had something defining, standing out to me they would be different, but there unimpressive at best.. the rear looks like an older cavalier

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:10 AM   #35
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Please untangle your panties. I'm just saying the LEDs are for looks only. To attract buyers with the bling effect. I am sure there will be replies touting the "added safety factor" of the brighter LED lights, but I don't buy that. If anything they are an added distraction on the highway (something we certainly don't need in these days of texting, phoning, etc.), making their sole purpose to appeal to people's animal fascination with shiny baubles and trinkets.

I remember reading an article when the 97 Mark Viii was coming out and it had neon tube tail lamps. They said because the light turns on, or "lights up" faster at highway speeds it gave drivers behind them an extra XX feet to react and could be the difference between a near miss and rear end collision. LED lamps have that same snap and instant on.

LED tail lamps do increase the safety of the car, by a very very small margin. Saying they're a distraction and hurt safety is like saying HID's do the same.

Plus they look really F'ing cool when they snap on and off. I do like their uniform glow over tail lights with lamps where you can normally tell exactly where the bulbs are.

Last edited by IOMike; 06-03-2015 at 03:08 PM.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #36
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
- The reason why I like LED over halogen bulbs in tail lamps is that if any LEDs burn out, it's just a few among several.

I can't stand when I'm behind someone who lets two or the three halogen brake light bulbs burn out and don't address it. Maybe they didn't notice. But you are less likely to have that happen with everyone having LED brake lights.

- As for the Camaro tail lights...I love the 10-13 design, the black body/chrome rim/red tail light combo. Some say it is Corvette-esq, but they remind me of the 3rd Gen Firebirds with the 4 round tail lights. Though the new 6th Gen design is very cool, and I'm sure I'll like it a lot in person.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:53 AM   #37
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
LED lights are brighter and use a lot less power than incandescent bulbs do. They also typically have much longer lifespans.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:56 AM   #38
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Someone else posted this in another thread. A photoshop of the existing lights, but split up. I like it. All it would take is a simple body color insert stuck on the lights to make it happen. It wouldn't even have to surround the entire lamp...just a nice fitting piece to place in the middle of the lamps and split them....a single middle piece instead of a whole surround would look cleaner as well.

Which of our vendors wants to offer this???

Old 06-03-2015, 10:15 AM   #39
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
- The reason why I like LED over halogen bulbs in tail lamps is that if any LEDs burn out, it's just a few among several.

I can't stand when I'm behind someone who lets two or the three halogen brake light bulbs burn out and don't address it. Maybe they didn't notice. But you are less likely to have that happen with everyone having LED brake lights.

- As for the Camaro tail lights...I love the 10-13 design, the black body/chrome rim/red tail light combo. Some say it is Corvette-esq, but they remind me of the 3rd Gen Firebirds with the 4 round tail lights. Though the new 6th Gen design is very cool, and I'm sure I'll like it a lot in person.
I don't remember Firebirds ever having 4 round tail lights. Can you post a picture of one?
Old 06-03-2015, 10:20 AM   #40
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:

Anything that will make people notice your brake or tail lights is an added safety measure..
Anyway you are the one that is getting your panties twisted over this not me. I think you are intelligent enough to voice your opinion without refering to people as "Chimps with wallets".
Old 06-03-2015, 10:50 AM   #41
Art Vandelay

Drives: Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
LED lights are brighter and use a lot less power than incandescent bulbs do. They also typically have much longer lifespans.

Theyre also a cleaner look and just much more efficient in general.
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #42
camaroguy281

Drives: 1LT
I like that too
camaroguy281 is offline   Reply With Quote