Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Ideas For 6th Gen Camaro

I have seen many different design concepts and studies for the upcoming 2016 6th Gen Camaro but this one is the one that has stuck with me the most. While im not saying this should be the definitive final retail model I think the design language is very good. It could use some more lines and tweaks to improve the design even further but it has a very menacing and mean, aggressive im going to eat you on the road look that is a Camaro must. And overall I think that GM will knock the new 6th Gen Camaro out of the park design wise I don't think it will be hard at all for GM Design to best the 2015 Mustang to me the 6th Gen Mustang just is a fail for the most part and if the C7 Corvette and 5th Gen Camaro are any indication then the 6th Gen Camaro will be excellently designed and a beautiful work of art oh and music to me & everyones ears when that updated LT1 is revved.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1386274103
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I have never cared for this rendering. Sure the sides and rear look nice, but they are basically 5th gen. Don't like that 3rd gen/snake face looking front end.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Misfit1

Drives: 2012 White/Inferno 2SS
Though I am a fan of the 3rd Gens....and this concept is amazingly interesting, It would be a complete step in the wrong direction for GM to use styling cues from this era. though this concept would make a killer body kit for the 3rd Gen . I look at the 5th Gen as a rebirth, And some times in redoing something you have to go back to the beginning. Remember not unlike the dinosaurs, Camaro had it's chance and died, we were lucky to see its revival, a phoenix from the ashes (Firebird reference there ). I agree with you that GM crushed it when they released the G5 Camaro and the C7 Vette, but I am sure when we finally see the G6 Camaro, it may have minor queues from its heritage (I like the DNA badgeing! subtle but there) but will go in a different direction, not rehash the demise of the Camaro again, which truly began around the mid to late 70's, though some may disagree. I think it lasted as long as it did more for heritage sake than true design and performance sake (though they did have a few diamonds here and there). All speculation of course...but I have faith. Now that the new Mustang has been revealed...I truly have no worries for the G6!!
Misfit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit1 View Post
Though I am a fan of the 3rd Gens....and this concept is amazingly interesting, It would be a complete step in the wrong direction for GM to use styling cues from this era. though this concept would make a killer body kit for the 3rd Gen . I look at the 5th Gen as a rebirth, And some times in redoing something you have to go back to the beginning. Remember not unlike the dinosaurs, Camaro had it's chance and died, we were lucky to see its revival, a phoenix from the ashes (Firebird reference there ). I agree with you that GM crushed it when they released the G5 Camaro and the C7 Vette, but I am sure when we finally see the G6 Camaro, it may have minor queues from its heritage (I like the DNA badgeing! subtle but there) but will go in a different direction, not rehash the demise of the Camaro again, which truly began around the mid to late 70's, though some may disagree. I think it lasted as long as it did more for heritage sake than true design and performance sake (though they did have a few diamonds here and there). All speculation of course...but I have faith. Now that the new Mustang has been revealed...I truly have no worries for the G6!!
I'm with you I don't think the 3rd gen should be brought as much in design again. I do think that the 6th Gen Camaro should use a revised modern version of the Red, White, Blue Camaro Bowtie Badge like the one pictured in this rendering. I just think having an emblem like that shows this is more than just a car its more than just any other car its the Camaro.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
That front view instantly reminded me of a sabretooth.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
Misfit1

Quote:
That front view instantly reminded me of a sabretooth.
...also extinct
Old 12-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #7
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit1 View Post
...a phoenix from the ashes (Firebird reference there ).
Oh the irony; the actual "phoenix" never returned.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
Misfit1

Quote:
Oh the irony; the actual "phoenix" never returned.
It kind of did in a bastardized sort of way http://transamdepot.com/
Old 12-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #9
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
All I know is that I'm wishing that GM brings back the Camaro emblem for the 6th gen Camaro. And I'd love if it looked similar to the design in the OP's post. I absolutely love it.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
IMO, these sketches represent a really outdated '80s look, and I'd be very surprised if GM went in that direction.

I agree, though, Ford has set the bar pretty low with the new Mustang. The new Mustang looks nice... but it's not stunning. It's not going to be difficult for GM to come up with something more attractive. Also, Ford seems to have failed pretty miserably at taking any bulk out of the car... which is pretty much the same size as the outgoing car.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:41 AM   #11
dgriddick

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
AHHh you do realize the first sketch is just an iroc right from the late 80s right? When sales declined.. and so did the Camaro enthusiast's interest in the car.. It will happen again obviously if they keep going back to this flop design..

I have owned about 10 Camaros 2-67s,69,70,72,81,79, 88, 86,2011..

That year (88) with its TPI and the big plastic nose was horrible .. It was cool when mullets were but no more (no offense to anyone here with a mullet but, you may want to see a barber)

Thankfully it flopped and GM stopped making the camaro..

2010-2013,, nice = Keep them, GM just made another first gen collectable and the rest will be like owning a 70 and later year.

2014.. 88 IROC's little brother
2016 IROC design=Camaro sales decline..
dgriddick is offline   Reply With Quote