Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #1
Scott 78

Drives: 2014 SIM SS 6M
Scott Drake quarter window panels

Does anyone here have a picture of these on their car? I'm doing a 70's stock car style build and I want to see how well these fit or if I'm better off making my own.

http://www.drakeautomotivegroup.com/...L.aspx?wid=141
Scott 78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Can't say about those pieces but I have the Drake pedal covers, dip stick handle and bowtie delete piece and they're all very good quality items that fit perfectly.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
ZmbHord
2012 ZL1 #0012

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #12 - CONTAGION
Not the best shot, but they are on the car. I had them painted Ashen Grey to match the color of the car. From a distance, it can be hard to tell its no a window with the gloss finish.
Attached Images

2012 ZL1 #12 - CONTAGION
ZmbHord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1

I thought about doing my bowties like that on my black on black ZL1, interesting
Old 05-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
Scott 78

Drives: 2014 SIM SS 6M
Dang, Those look good. Thanks!
Scott 78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZmbHord View Post
Not the best shot, but they are on the car. I had them painted Ashen Grey to match the color of the car. From a distance, it can be hard to tell its no a window with the gloss finish.
I may like these. Do you by chance have a pic that shows more of a straight on side shot? Those angled ones, like you said, kind of make the covers look like tinted windows.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #7
ZmbHord
2012 ZL1 #0012

I don't have any right now, but I will try to take a couple when I get home and post them for you.
2012 ZL1 #12 - CONTAGION
Old 05-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
I don't have any right now, but I will try to take a couple when I get home and post them for you.
Thanks. I imagine having those on makes it even more impossible to see out towards the passenger side back (my 2010 doesn't even have the back-up camera).
Old 05-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #9
ZmbHord
2012 ZL1 #0012

I don't find it really makes any difference. The windows are so small that they are not really useful anyway.
Attached Images

2012 ZL1 #12 - CONTAGION
Old 05-17-2013, 07:46 AM   #10
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
I don't find it really makes any difference. The windows are so small that they are not really useful anyway.
Thanks for the new pics. I think those window panels look great actually. Another $90 purchase I don't really need but will possibly make anyway!