Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-22-2015, 01:11 PM   #15
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Being constantly exposed to that fades, cracks, and warps plastic. For a few days, you'll be fine.

I hate heat, though (grew up not far from your location). If the car is parked outside on a hot day, I throw a sunshade in the front window and crack the side windows no more than 1/2 inch to let the heat escape while its parked. Works pretty well so the inside isn't completely on fire when I get inside of it.
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:56 PM   #16
RDBURNR

Drives: 2016 Camarro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Being constantly exposed to that fades, cracks, and warps plastic. For a few days, you'll be fine.

I hate heat, though (grew up not far from your location). If the car is parked outside on a hot day, I throw a sunshade in the front window and crack the side windows no more than 1/2 inch to let the heat escape while its parked. Works pretty well so the inside isn't completely on fire when I get inside of it.
And that is why the remote start is great, I usually start it when the waitress takes my card and check, by the time I get to the car, COOL!
RDBURNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:07 AM   #17
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
By cover, I meant the sunshade. It's thick and effective.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:07 AM   #18
JamesMyBoy

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Former Phoenix resident here....
Put a sun screen in the windshield, and try to find a parking spot in the shade. If all the shaded spots are taken (highly likely), park with your back window facing the sun, otherwise the steering wheel and seat will get pretty hot. No longer than you'll be there, coupled with this time of the year, you'll do just fine.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:24 AM   #19
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Wash your interior with water thoroughly if you have used products on it. The chemicals/oils in the products will heat up in the sun and cook your dash, and in result dry out your dash. I'll let you use your imagination to figure what happens next.
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:31 AM   #20
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK
Apply liberal amounts of SPF50 or higher all over the car. Use SPF90 on the dash and interior.

RotoFab CAI - VMaxx Ported TB - Apex Catch Can - CFD Shifter - Choppers Inc Loaded Dice Shift Knob
ratfinkharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 09:32 AM   #21
mfarhan_amin

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2013
All summer 8 months here in Saudi Arabia its 115+ F. so ur car will be fine. just use nice meguairs spray and sunshade. it will be perfect. enjoy ur trip to LA.

VMAX PORTED THROTTLE BODY, ROTO-FAB CAI, FLOWMASTER OUTLAW AXLE-BACK WITH J-PIPES. VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER. 1LE 3.91 GEARS. KOOKS 1 7/8 LTs, CAT DELETE, GPI SS2 VVT CAM, ATI 10%
UDP, MELLING HIGH VOLUME HIGH PERFORMANCE OIL PUMP
mfarhan_amin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:07 AM   #22
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarhan_amin View Post
All summer 8 months here in Saudi Arabia its 115+ F. so ur car will be fine. just use nice meguairs spray and sunshade. it will be perfect. enjoy ur trip to LA.
That, minus the spray and you're good.
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:32 AM   #23
Realdrevil

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Unless your car will be in Phoenix for years, you will not need to worry about the heat. As far as the protectant, find one that does not have alchohol in it, and you will be fine.
Realdrevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:57 PM   #24
Mando2776

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I am from Western Washington and will be driving down to Las Vegas next week, then to LA a few days later and will be in LA for about a week. I am just wondering if I should worry about protecting my car from the heat. I would hate to come back from my trip with a cracked dash or something...

While I am in Vegas my car will be in a parking garage most the time (except for a trip over to the Hoover Damn) but while in LA I think it will be out in the sun most of the time.

A couple of days we will be at a theme park and a water park so the car will just be sitting in the parking lot (all the way in the back ). These are the days I am most worried about because my car is black and I am sure it will get really hot inside the car. I do have 15% tint on my side and rear windows but nothing on the windshield.

Should I even be worried about it? Right now the weather is showing it will be in the 90s in Vegas and 80s in LA.

Any advice is appreciated!!

Thanks!
LA is not HOT at this time, Arizona is hotter than LA, right now its 75 degrees, the hottest day would be next weekend at 90F, still not hot enough to damage a dash for the weekend. My car is out most of the time, use a Covercraft sunshade, really cools it down and protects from the sun rays. U should be fine.
Mando2776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:02 PM   #25
SabotAndHeat

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Electrochromatic Car Tint

Example:

SabotAndHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 12:56 PM   #26
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
You are going to park on Hoover Dam? Good luck with that.

that made NO sense, what-so-ever....
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 02:05 PM   #27
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Huper Optik Nano Fusion Ceramic window tint. Reduces the UVA/UVB considerably, measurably reduces the heat & protects your interior. I have it on all my windows including clear on the windshield. Costs more but well worth it. Every time I go to a car show or my car has to sit outside in the heat, I am very thankful I saved up for it.

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 05-28-2015 at 02:15 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 03:06 PM   #28
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
What protectant would you suggest using?

Thanks!
Sorry I'm late getting back to you.....It isn't the easiest to find, but it is the best I've ever used.

Adam's Polishes....Total Interior Cleaner and Dressing.

American Made and just good quality products with good people selling them.

I like this because it doesn't leave it shiny and you can't see all the smears when you apply it.....just makes it look like a new car when you are done

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/interi...-detailer.html