Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #99
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaLTx View Post
The removable roof for the ZO6 and black headlight surrounds that I was calling for in 2005 being offered in the C7 gives me hope.

But, it's absolutely PATHETIC that GM launched the Corvette without a DCT and has not offered AWD as an OPTION for Corvette, Camaro, or even V8 ATS/CTS.

GM needs to listen to the LARGE percentage of four season drivers that DEMAND the OPTION of AWD, but want top tier performance.
GM said they couldn't find a DCT that could handle the torque of the Z06. Just because YOU are being very vocal about an AWD system doesn't mean a large percentage of people want it.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:23 PM   #100
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Drives: C6s, F-bodies, ect
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
GM said they couldn't find a DCT that could handle the torque of the Z06.
Only an uneducated idiot would believe that blatant, and transparent lie.

Quote:
Just because YOU are being very vocal about an AWD system doesn't mean a large percentage of people want it.
Every person that is actually educated on the popularity of AWD in the North American market knows that the demand is there.
Seems like you should do a little research before trying to argue with educated people in a public thread.
AlphaLTx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:37 PM   #101
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:

Every person that is actually educated on the popularity of AWD in the North American market knows that the demand is there.
Seems like you should do a little research before trying to argue with educated people in a public thread.
For the bold part, I give you the reason behind the 8 speed auto. http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-pdk-heres-how

For the AWD argument, I ask a simple question. Would you rather have a manual/auto transmission and rear wheel drive, or AWD and an automatic (Since most AWD cars that are worth anything aren't manual unfortunately)? The weight differential would be between 200 and 400 lbs and the gas mileage difference would be 2-4mpg city and highway. You have the Ford Fusion Titanium (with all options IIRC) and Ford Taurus SHO to compare weights, speed, mileage.

Not saying I wouldn't buy an AWD V6TT Camaro, for example. Just being realistic.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #102
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
For the bold part, I give you the reason behind the 8 speed auto. http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-pdk-heres-how

For the AWD argument, I ask a simple question. Would you rather have a manual/auto transmission and rear wheel drive, or AWD and an automatic (Since most AWD cars that are worth anything aren't manual unfortunately)? The weight differential would be between 200 and 400 lbs and the gas mileage difference would be 2-4mpg city and highway. You have the Ford Fusion Titanium (with all options IIRC) and Ford Taurus SHO to compare weights, speed, mileage.

Not saying I wouldn't buy an AWD V6TT Camaro, for example. Just being realistic.
I repeat, only an completely uneducated idiot believes the PR BS that GM has been spewing about their new A8 and the comparisons to a modern DCT.
I am a GM V8 fan boy and a loyal new Corvette/Camaro buyer for the last 20 years and even I can say the above.

As far as the rest of you posts, any educated person will read it and dismiss it for the nonsense that doesn't even deserve a response that it is.

You need to educate yourself of the tech in the following cars and know that the GTR launched with a $63,000 invoice:
Infiniti G37x, BMW 335, 2015 Q50 Eau Rougue, Nissan GTR, Porsche 911, Porsche Macan, Audi S6, Mercedes AMG GT, AMG SLS, etc, etc, etc, etc
Old 05-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #103
DSX_Camaro

Now while I am sure you are sure that I don't know any of the given vehicles and that I am probably so far beneath you intelligence wise, I offer one simple statement.

If you want a vehicle with AWD, buy one.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 05-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #104
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
The removable roof for the ZO6 and black headlight surrounds that I was calling for in 2005 being offered in the C7 gives me hope.

But, it's absolutely PATHETIC that GM launched the Corvette without a DCT and has not offered AWD as an OPTION for Corvette, Camaro, or even V8 ATS/CTS.

GM needs to listen to the LARGE percentage of four season drivers that DEMAND the OPTION of AWD, but want top tier performance.
GM does not have a top tier AWD system. It adds weight and works great in the snow. Other than making the Camaro a good 4 season car you won't be enhancing performance. Will GM ever offer a performance based AWD system? I hope so but I am realistic we won't see one anytime soon.

Quote:
GM said they couldn't find a DCT that could handle the torque of the Z06. Just because YOU are being very vocal about an AWD system doesn't mean a large percentage of people want it.
Quote:

Demand is there but not in performance models.

And it is only a lie if you know for a fact that GM didn't look to source a DCT for the Z06. Do you know of one that is for sale? Do you understand the costs to develop a DCT for just the Z06 volumes? There remains a reason why the Corvette is great at a fraction of the cost of many of its equals.

So to say GM is lying is not fair unless you know they didn't look. Just because there isn't one doesn't mean it hasn't been considered.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:23 PM   #105
Bhobbs

Quote:

I didn't realize I was the in the presence of the Stephen Hawking of what people want in their GM vehicles. Please forgive me your holyness.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #106
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Quote:
I didn't realize I was the in the presence of the Stephen Hawking of what people want in their GM vehicles. Please forgive me your holyness.
Nothing someone with a little common sense and the ability to read could have figured out for themselves.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #107
Bhobbs

Quote:
Nothing someone with a little common sense and the ability to read could have figured out for themselves.
Clearly, you are vastly more intelligent than everyone running GM so why don't you start your own company and put them out of business? You could make billions.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #108
DSX_Camaro

Quote:
Please don't reproduce.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:29 PM   #109
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Now while I am sure you are sure that I don't know any of the given vehicles and that I am probably so far beneath you intelligence wise, I offer one simple statement.

If you want a vehicle with AWD, buy one.
In order for me to buy an AWD car that meets my standards, I would have to remove $50k to $100k from my 401k and invest it in the Japanese or German economy.
As a fellow American, is that what you are encouraging me to do?
Old 05-09-2014, 06:30 PM   #110
DSX_Camaro

As a fellow American I can say with 100% certainly that Mercedes Benz vehicles are the safest on the planet, and have some astounding performance numbers with fuel economy to boot.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:33 PM   #111
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
GM does not have a top tier AWD system. It adds weight and works great in the snow. Other than making the Camaro a good 4 season car you won't be enhancing performance. Will GM ever offer a performance based AWD system? I hope so but I am realistic we won't see one anytime soon.

Demand is there but not in performance models.

And it is only a lie if you know for a fact that GM didn't look to source a DCT for the Z06. Do you know of one that is for sale? Do you understand the costs to develop a DCT for just the Z06 volumes? There remains a reason why the Corvette is great at a fraction of the cost of many of its equals.

So to say GM is lying is not fair unless you know they didn't look. Just because there isn't one doesn't mean it hasn't been considered.
Why do I bother responding to posts like these with obvious misinformation ???

Do you think GM is incapable of engineering world class performance AWD?
If they fail do to so ASAP, they will continue to forfeit market share to foreign competition and will be a complete failure in my opinion.

Demand isn't there?
I guess you've never heard of Porsche, Audi, AMG, BMW, Nissan GTR, etc, etc, etc, etc

Weight and snow use?
Yup. 20 years ago. Ever heard of VW? How about the Audi S4, 911 C4, Turbo, GTR, R8, Gallardo, Huracan, etc, etc ????

I fell like I'm wasting my time typing when I'm trying to watch the NFL draft.
Old 05-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #112
AlphaLTx
Account Suspended

Quote:
Clearly, you are vastly more intelligent than everyone running GM so why don't you start your own company and put them out of business? You could make billions.
A few other have already beat me to the punch.

As a GM fan boy, an new GM buyer for the last 20 years, I want GM to dominate in every segment and produce the best Camaro, Corvette, SS Sedan, and Cadillac sedans they can.
Offering the OPTION of performance AWD for these segments is necessary to accomplish this goal.