Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #15
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Take the money,this is why I keep things stock,while you value the mods you've made and some others appreciate it as well I just know that you can never really recover what you put in,but it looks like you had it priced fair and you had to know people would haggle,but don't let anyone have it for less good luck
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #16
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Are you in a position to remove the mods and return back to stock (or as close as possible)? If you can, you may come out better off selling the parts separately from the car. This is what I did when I traded in my 2011 SS. You've got some cash in your car, and i would hate to see you lose so much, even though the price offered is fair.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #17
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post
I think it's a reasonable price. I just bought a 2010 1SS/RS with 1500 miles for much less, several thousand less. Of course, it is un-modded, but as upflying says, "Mods don't add value". I would add; *most of the time*.

I always say, don't put any mods on your car that you think will net any return when you sell. They probably won't. And if they do, it won't be the amount you spent to add them.

You have to remember, you are in a special subset of Camaro owners when you add custom parts. Heck, even here not everyone is modding the car. There are plenty of bone stock garage queens in here. Look at the total number of people on Camaro5, for example. 71,000. I bet it wouldn't even be one month's production from the last three years if you exclude non-owners, trolls and people who have moved along.

I promise you there is a lady looking to buy a Camaro right now that doesn't differentiate a maggie supercharger from a Christmas Tree air freshener.
Another way to look at this is how you furnish and decorate your home.
When you bought your home, it was empty, stock and original. You modified your home by adding drapes, furniture, carpets, artwork, bedding etc. This personalizes your home. You modded your home because you like it the way it looks. It cost thousands to furnish your home to your taste.
When it comes time to sell your home, you remove your furnishings and return it to empty, stock and original. The next buyer of your home may not like your taste in home furnishings or "modding". The next owner most certainly does not want your mods since they are a highly personal choice.
Some modding may add value to your home such as a bath and kitchen remodel. Major alterations such as a supercharger might add value to a car in the same way.
Always remember to mod for your pleasure and enjoyment and not for the next owner. Modding is a poor financial investment but it is a wonderful Permagrin investment.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #18
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
You asked for 31 they offered 30. If you really wanted 31 you should have asked for 32. Take the money and run. Make sure they get a Camaro5 card when you hand them the keys.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #19
camarozzzz

Drives: Blue
Sell it up here in Canada :P 2010 SS' still go for 35g + here LOL
camarozzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #20
Midwest

Drives: 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Are you in a position to remove the mods and return back to stock (or as close as possible)? If you can, you may come out better off selling the parts separately from the car. This is what I did when I traded in my 2011 SS. You've got some cash in your car, and i would hate to see you lose so much, even though the price offered is fair.

if you part it, Then sell, you will hit your mark plus more. C5 will be waiting

From 1lt to 2ss/rs.
Midwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 AM   #21
eggydoo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
i bet you can make some nice $ back with those wheels

Very nice....
eggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #22
peterg.

Drives: Testarossa, 911, Camel Lights car,
It seems like a bit of hair-splittnig. You guys are not that far apart. Why not try to meet in the middle? You already set the bar by asking what you did, and certainly you must have expected negotiation. If the potential buyer is smitten with your car, no way would he/she let the difference between his/her offer and the mid-point between your numbers kill the deal. Having done a ton of mods to my car, I know how the dollars add up. If you happen to have a buyer who wants your mods, emphasize the aftermarket costs that you put into the car. I understand that you generally do not recoup the cost of mods....BUT, when you have a would-be purchaser who wants a car with precisely THOSE mods, and who would end up spending the money on them anyway, then you can be a bit more firm. Just my opinion. (Of course, the most prudent option would be to keep the car and enjoy the hell out of it.) Best of luck with whatever you end up deciding.
peterg. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #23
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
let me get the vossens and the heritage grille...thanks
Old 12-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #24
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Thats a good price. But I still think you should keep the car. You will probably miss it and regret it.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #25
=Stephens=

Drives: 2011 LS
Mods add as much value as you feel. I will never sell my car so the mods are worth more than money in my mind.
=Stephens= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #26
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Vex we should've traded wheels first!!!!
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:29 PM   #27
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I would trade you straight up. I'll even drive to Wisconsin.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #28
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Dibs on the Street Scene lower grille & ducts (for the right price of course) if you decide to de-mod.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote