Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-22-2012, 10:32 PM   #43
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post
Personally I wouldn't celebrate a win by forfeit. LOL!

Those 5.0s are formidable opponents and very closely matched with our cars... However, I must admit that I loved the look on the guys face when my LS3 started walkin his 5.0 Mustang.

He was so sure I wouldn't even hang with him, to the point of being VERY kocky and borderline disrespectful, but his smug look quickly turned to shock as I pulled ahead, and he accused me of not being stock. I assured him that I was, (besides a muffler delete) and then asked him to "take it easy on those bowties"! He was visably upset.

This, on a short PRIVATE, paved surface of course. I made him, humble!
Reminds me of a 5.0 I raced... he has intake, boss intake manifold, full exhaust and headers, hard shifting tune for racing only on an auto (way better than stick on the stangs) and a couple other little things. I had longtubes and an intake only (untuned) on a stick. We were dead even or one of us winning by an inch every race. There were no launches involved but there were low rolls (on a private runway of course). He insisted that I was being dishonest about my mods because "I know what these cars run". Lol... let's be honest, there are a lot of terrible drivers that make both cars look bad and people like to base there opinions off of those.

Also, the V6 owners seem to be the ones that are saying Mustangs are better in this thread... maybe they're just mad the V6 Mustang is so much faster than the V6 Camaro? Just kidding... don't want to start a flame war.

This post was too long.

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #44
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSS_ View Post
well thank god. lol. my friend had all this stuff done to his 2012 5.0 (boss intake manifold, gears, headers, catback, tune and he could only run 12.8 cause he was just sliding alllllllllll over the place in 1st and 2nd.
The Boss intake manifold is not a particularly good mod. It is very biased toward high RPMs, and actually reduces low and mid-RPM torque. And without the Boss's 7500 RPM internals, its potential benefit on the high end is never realized (GT 5.0s rev limiters start cutting power at about 6700).
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #45
TurboSS_
SS boiii

Drives: '09 Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuitpie View Post
Reminds me of a 5.0 I raced... he has intake, boss intake manifold, full exhaust and headers, hard shifting tune for racing only on an auto (way better than stick on the stangs) and a couple other little things. I had longtubes and an intake only (untuned) on a stick. We were dead even or one of us winning by an inch every race. There were no launches involved but there were low rolls (on a private runway of course). He insisted that I was being dishonest about my mods because "I know what these cars run". Lol... let's be honest, there are a lot of terrible drivers that make both cars look bad and people like to base there opinions off of those.

Also, the V6 owners seem to be the ones that are saying Mustangs are better in this thread... maybe they're just mad the V6 Mustang is so much faster than the V6 Camaro? Just kidding... don't want to start a flame war.

This post was too long.
if you're a bad roll racer and you drive an automatic you should probably give up on life
TurboSS_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #46
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I brought a friend of mine to the track in June. It was 80 degrees out. He had his 2012 5.0 mustang, stick car, with a tuner, cold air kit, and 15" drag radials. He ran 12.0 at 115. I don't see a comparable camaro running that quick. Needless to say I was very impressed.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #47
Biscuitpie

Quote:
if you're a bad roll racer and you drive an automatic you should probably give up on life
Haha, I was just implying that bad shifting isn't to blame here. I love 5.0's don't get me wrong. I almost bought one but I've already had 2 S197 GTs (one was the Shelby GT variant), but people really like to overhype them and act like it's the second coming for some reason.

Quote:
I brought a friend of mine to the track in June. It was 80 degrees out. He had his 2012 5.0 mustang, stick car, with a tuner, cold air kit, and 15" drag radials. He ran 12.0 at 115. I don't see a comparable camaro running that quick. Needless to say I was very impressed.
There are a few in the C5 fast list that are doing that. However, they all have LTs, but who would buy DRs before LTs on a 5th gen anyway?

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Old 12-22-2012, 10:42 PM   #48
TurboSS_
SS boiii

Quote:
Haha, I was just implying that bad shifting isn't to blame here. I love 5.0's don't get me wrong. I almost bought one but I've already had 2 S197 GTs (one was the Shelby GT variant), but people really like to overhype them and act like it's the second coming for some reason.
haha this is true...but they are very quick. i'm barely faster than a stock 5.0...from a roll of course. and after some bolt ons and a tune we are neck and neck or i'm losing by a slow walk. it was just such a huge improvement over the 3 valves that it really caught everyone by surprise i think. and i think they look sexy as hell (just saying) but i'm a lover not a hater!!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #49
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:

There are a few in the C5 fast list that are doing that. However, they all have LTs, but who would buy DRs before LTs on a 5th gen anyway?
Ha. Yeah, I have no idea why he bought those bc he never went back to the track. I didn't think there were any LS3's going 12.0 with a tune/cai/drag radials. Especially in 80 degree temps.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #50
Biscuitpie

Quote:
haha this is true...but they are very quick. i'm barely faster than a stock 5.0...from a roll of course. and after some bolt ons and a tune we are neck and neck or i'm losing by a slow walk. it was just such a huge improvement over the 3 valves that it really caught everyone by surprise i think. and i think they look sexy as hell (just saying) but i'm a lover not a hater!!
Yep.. it's a great motor, but so is the LS3! My Shelby GT with the 4.6 had 4.10s, O/R Xpipe, catback, intake and tune, and I barely lost to my friend's stock SS. The gears really helped those cars.

Quote:
Ha. Yeah, I have no idea why he bought those bc he never went back to the track. I didn't think there were any LS3's going 12.0 with a tune/cai/drag radials.
I feel like boltons have greater benefits on the mustangs, but our cams are a lot cheaper and do a lot more as far as I know. In the end, they are close enough that the other qualities of the cars should entice the buyers.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #51
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I'm still glad I got a Camaro I guess.

I was gonna order a green 2013 GT with a track pac, then Chevy beat Fords offer by $1000 so I got Camaro #2.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:50 PM   #52
TurboSS_
SS boiii

Quote:
Yep.. it's a great motor, but so is the LS3! My Shelby GT with the 4.6 had 4.10s, O/R Xpipe, catback, intake and tune, and I barely lost to my friend's stock SS. The gears really helped those cars.
now imagine if you did all that on a 5.0!! lol. i'd have to get a 5.0 if i was getting a "muscle car" in times like this. though i do love some camaro's. BUT i'm also a turbo fan boy i love my cobalt but damn has it gotten me in trouble lol
Old 12-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #53
Biscuitpie

Quote:
now imagine if you did all that on a 5.0!! lol. i'd have to get a 5.0 if i was getting a "muscle car" in times like this. though i do love some camaro's. BUT i'm also a turbo fan boy i love my cobalt but damn has it gotten me in trouble lol
True true, just got work with what you have sometimes. I really want a Cobalt SS as a daily. I'd get an SRT4 but I know 3 people with them, they are fast but they tend to be broken a lot haha. Turbo noises are fun though.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #54
TurboSS_
SS boiii

Quote:
True true, just got work with what you have sometimes. I really want a Cobalt SS as a daily. I'd get an SRT4 but I know 3 people with them, they are fast but they tend to be broken a lot haha. Turbo noises are fun though.
lol buy mine man, it's for sale!!! this thing is hella quick. and the LNF is a stout engine. and the inside isn't a soda can like an srt-4. lol

THANK YOU!!!!! finally a v8 owner admits it!!
Old 12-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #55
Biscuitpie

Quote:
lol buy mine man, it's for sale!!! this thing is hella quick. and the LNF is a stout engine. and the inside isn't a soda can like an srt-4. lol

THANK YOU!!!!! finally a v8 owner admits it!!
Anyone who disagrees is clearly lying lol. I'd contemplate buying it but I gotta sell my Civic first, which won't happen for a few months. Yeah, the SRT4 interior is terrible ("Bro, it has Viper seats!"), but they are cheaper to pick up around here. Plus you have to drive a Dodge.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #56
TurboSS_
SS boiii

Quote:
Anyone who disagrees is clearly lying lol. I'd contemplate buying it but I gotta sell my Civic first, which won't happen for a few months. Yeah, the SRT4 interior is terrible ("Bro, it has Viper seats!"), but they are cheaper to pick up around here. Plus you have to drive a Dodge.
understood!

hahahahah this made me laugh

but yeah the only dodge i'd drive would have a cummins in it! sike i'd drive an srt-4, but as a beater, and my cobalt would be big turbo making 400whp