Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 08-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #57
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
A pushrod does not pack more tech. Its one cam and 16v, the ford is definitely more tech 4v 4 cams getting 435 hp out of 5.0L.
I think ChefBorOzzy was talking about the new tech in the LT1 such as Direct Injection, Active Fuel Management, etc.. that it has that the Coyote doesn't moreso than the Pushrod vs DOHC architecture.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #58
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
Is it going to be based on this car?

Matte Black Jeep GC SRT8 20 inch wheels, SRT8 Sway Bars, Custom Hood, black Plasi-dip Custom Cross Road Runner Stripes and decals, Custom Rear Diffuser, Plasti-dip rear black out Panel. Halo Fog lights.

Please Help if you can Paypal: icanbe_reached@hotmail.com
Lawdog1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:39 PM   #59
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
A pushrod does not pack more tech. Its one cam and 16v, the ford is definitely more tech 4v 4 cams getting 435 hp out of 5.0L.
Number of cams and valves has nothing to do with technology. Over head cam design is older than cam in block.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #60
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
That's not tech. It's just more cost and weight. OHC is actually the older engine technology.

Just two ways to do the same job.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #61
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.

Drives: Camaroless for now...RIP "Big SexZ"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
That's not tech. It's just more cost and weight. OHC is actually the older engine technology.

Just two ways to do the same job.
THANK YOU!!
Old 08-10-2014, 09:37 PM   #62
Bhobbs

I hope to see some videos soon. I wonder what it will sound like.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:44 PM   #63
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by benanderson89 View Post
Since its the Alpha platform, the 4-pot will be the engine from GM's european brands Vauxhall and Opel (its used in the Astra GTC VXR).

Plus, its the engine slated for the ATS Coupé.

400Nm of Torque and 276bhp will really hurry the new Camaro along. It only takes 5.7s to do the 60mph sprint in the Astra, and that car weighs 1.5 tones (Camaro LS V6 is 1.7t) Since the ATS 4-door is 1.5t, the Camaro should theoretically weigh less. I'm hoping 5.5s.

I hope, though, that they decide to go with the engine out of the Astra VXR Extreme, which is a 300bhp unit. To me, it makes the v6 redundant and it'd turn the LS and LT trims from "pretty cool sports car" to "surprisingly very fast sports car."

This is what I'm thinking, since I want to import a Camaro and I don't know if I should wait for a Gen 6 or grab a Gen 5 in a firesale. With all the extra fees associated with importing, I'd save a fortune.

And now my unrelated thoughts on something else entirely.

Of course, if the Gen 6 comes in RHD then its a no brainer for me in the UK.
Ford making the 2015 Mustang in right hand drive has pretty much guaranteed them easy money, as the UK is one of the most important markets for sports cars.

GM would do very well to follow suit as Camaros are insanely desireable in the UK. Mustangs depreciate (surprising for such a sought after exotic import), but Camaros two/three years later, even the Automatic, still sell for £30,000 with 5-digit milages - they're £35,000 new. That's 85%! Convertibles still rake in 75%. GM wouldn't be able to screw the RHD models together fast enough.
um... the Astra is a FWD car on the delta platform (a small front engine FWD platform).

The Alpha platform is a small to medium sized front engine RWD platform, so it will not get a FWD 2.0T engine. Also the ATS launched with a 2.0T engine though no one knows what the output will look like for the turbo engine slated for the Camaro. Since the 2.0T Camaro will compete with the 3.7L V-6 Mustang which is rated at 300BHP I would find it safe to assume that it will have around that amount of power.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #64
benanderson89

Drives: Kia GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
um... the Astra is a FWD car on the delta platform (a small front engine FWD platform).

The Alpha platform is a small to medium sized front engine RWD platform, so it will not get a FWD 2.0T engine. Also the ATS launched with a 2.0T engine though no one knows what the output will look like for the turbo engine slated for the Camaro. Since the 2.0T Camaro will compete with the 3.7L V-6 Mustang which is rated at 300BHP I would find it safe to assume that it will have around that amount of power.
I'm aware the Astra is on a different platform (I really didn't convey that well) and FWD. I was talking specifically about the engine.

Both the engines slated for the ATS Coupé and the one already present in the Astra VXR are 270(and change)bhp units, with 295lb-ft and max HP at 5500rpm. I can't think of another engine in GM's catalogue that would fit outside of a new unit.

I'm just hoping that GM decide to use the 300bhp 2.0T unit from the VXR Extreme (if it is indeed the same unit), because they may (and probably will) just go the cheaper route and give us the same drive train from the ATS. Same platform in the same factory - it'd make sense.
benanderson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:46 AM   #65
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
So the Mirrors are also different then in the original spy shots... I think they will pick as many parts from the 5th gen for now, as they possibly can.
Attached Images

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
velocity149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:14 PM   #66
donk6996

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
I have owned alot of DI cars and have not really been a fan from an all out performance standpoint. I also do not like active fuel management. To me the camaro should keep an LS3 and not get the LT motor. I just think there is so much out there for the LS and the Lt is too much of a PITA with all the extra crap I don't want. I had a mazdaspeed 3 with DI that I could never get enough fuel to for what I wanted to do. It was a cam driven fuel pump and a PITA
donk6996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #67
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by donk6996 View Post
I have owned alot of DI cars and have not really been a fan from an all out performance standpoint. I also do not like active fuel management. To me the camaro should keep an LS3 and not get the LT motor. I just think there is so much out there for the LS and the Lt is too much of a PITA with all the extra crap I don't want. I had a mazdaspeed 3 with DI that I could never get enough fuel to for what I wanted to do. It was a cam driven fuel pump and a PITA
The LTx is replacing the LSx. I agree that the Camaro LT1 should ditch the AFM since it has the Turbo 4 and V6 versions for fuel economy purposes.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:25 PM   #68
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by smggugfaw View Post
This one? (just a quickie)

Parts of it line up pretty nicely (especially if we stick with the false 5th gen fascia and deck lid strapped on idea) while other parts of it are clearly off.

Still might be some styling hints in there...
nice, try this one
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showpo...90&postcount=1
Old 08-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #69
oneredry
HYPER SS

Drives: 2016 Supercharged 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity149 View Post
So the Mirrors are also different then in the original spy shots... I think they will pick as many parts from the 5th gen for now, as they possibly can.
Look at the wiper configuration on your top picture. They look like they are minivan type of wipers, rather than your traditional wiper configuration.
oneredry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #70
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Quote:
Originally Posted by benanderson89 View Post
I'm aware the Astra is on a different platform (I really didn't convey that well) and FWD. I was talking specifically about the engine.

Both the engines slated for the ATS Coupé and the one already present in the Astra VXR are 270(and change)bhp units, with 295lb-ft and max HP at 5500rpm. I can't think of another engine in GM's catalogue that would fit outside of a new unit.

I'm just hoping that GM decide to use the 300bhp 2.0T unit from the VXR Extreme (if it is indeed the same unit), because they may (and probably will) just go the cheaper route and give us the same drive train from the ATS. Same platform in the same factory - it'd make sense.
The LTG engine at 272BHP and 260ft-lbs is in the 2013 and 2014 ATS and is scheduled to get the revisions that the current CTS already has (same engine 272/295ft-lbs). Actually the Buick Regal, CTS, and Malibu already produce 295ft-lbs of torque with this engine the ATS was just a hold out until they new front end and coupe came out.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro spy, 2016 camaro spy photo, 2016 camaro spy photos, 2016 camaro spy pics, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation