Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions


Cold Air Inductions


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #337
solarstingray
 
Drives: 2014 c7 corvette and 2017 camaro ss
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: orlando
Posts: 81
Chevy has one of the worst service there is,

mine Is in the shop we will see tomorrow same issue,

they remember me from my c7 corvette over heating 7 times ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
HA, well Friday I went by the original dealer Murfreesboro Chevrolet, Cadillac, GMC in TN. Their "master" tech and shop foreman wanted me to take him for a ride in the car. He was the one who supposedly drove it and said they couldn't reproduce any of the problems the car exibits from trans to rear end groan.

I drive, get him in the car, and pull out of the parking space. I immediately make a left turn and the rear end goes to a loud groan and the traction control light flashes because the inside tire is sticking. I looked at him and said, "Did you hear that?" and he says "yeah and that isn't good". WTH! I wouldn't let these clowns work on my lawn mower.

Now we get on the highway car up to temp, and at steady throttle the car starts to studder. He's fighting with his laptop and telling me how smart he is and how he's one of 8 "master techs" in the state of TN blah blah. Tells me it's the V4 to V8 transition and that I'm "sensitive" to the transition and he's happy to open a case with GM for me. I'm like over it at this point.

I took it to another dealer on Sat. Asked if their shop foreman would go for a ride and within 5 mins he tells me to leave it with them he thinks it's the torque converter. So now it's at dealer number 2.
solarstingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #338
mmm
 
Drives: 2016 Camero ss
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: indiana
Posts: 1
i have had same problem, dealer flushed and refilled, BUT I drove over 2,000 miles (dealer said it would be ok) seems to be better but now I worry about the transmission going out at my expense. I now have 35,000+ miles
mmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #339
Klayman
 
Klayman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm View Post
i have had same problem, dealer flushed and refilled, BUT I drove over 2,000 miles (dealer said it would be ok) seems to be better but now I worry about the transmission going out at my expense. I now have 35,000+ miles
i believe my 17 has a 50/5yr powertrain warranty. 16'S Don't?
__________________
Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains

Last edited by Klayman; 12-16-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:31 PM   #340
Speedy1975
FASTER!
 
Speedy1975's Avatar
 
Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 2,163
Got notified today second dealer has confirmed the torque converter is damaged and being replaced.
__________________
-Speedy
2016 Go Mango Challenger Hellcat (PB E.T. in 1/4 Mile 10.51 @131.36)
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS Camaro (PB E.T. in 1/4 Mile 12.093 @114.43MPH bone stock)
Speedy1975 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #341
RollaMo

 
RollaMo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rolla, MO
Posts: 1,025
Thanks to this forum, I was well aware of these issues when our 2017 2SS A8 started to show the same symptoms.

Took it into the dealer, and to my surprise they knew what I was talking about.
I had printed both of the documents that are floating around (Trans shudder & Rear End Groan) and showed them.

I'll tell you what the customer attitude going in can make a big difference in how you are treated.
When I showed them the documents, I mentioned that I wasn't trying to diagnose the problem and I was just trying to give them a starting point.

Anyway, they performed the rear end flush, and the 3 flush on the transmission.
Picking the car up late this afternoon, so we'll see how it goes.

He wants us to drive the car for a good 200 to 300 miles and if the shudder is still there, GM will replace the torque converter.
__________________
1996 Corvette - LT4
2017 Camaro 2SS
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:42 PM   #342
jimmypop13

 
Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 999
Well I had triple flush and the shudder still hasn't gone away. When I am logging, the torque converter slip rpm goes to 50-80rpm constantly. It's not supposed to slip more than 10rpm. I ordered a circle d 3600rpm stall torque converter to solve it for good
__________________
2016 camaro 2SS hyper blue/Kalahari, A8, MRC, NPP, sunroof, SW headers, high flow cats, 3" x-pipe
Sold: 2002 Z28, NBM, M6, 460rwhp, 2009 HHR SS
RIP : 2002 WS6 Black, A4, 355rwhp
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:24 AM   #343
Klayman
 
Klayman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Well I had triple flush and the shudder still hasn't gone away. When I am logging, the torque converter slip rpm goes to 50-80rpm constantly. It's not supposed to slip more than 10rpm. I ordered a circle d 3600rpm stall torque converter to solve it for good
I would like to get feedback on the swap and results!

I believe you can have the tranny computer tuned also concerning slip....

I have been reading up and looking at differing future repairs. My present route is to keep pushing it on the dealer.
__________________
Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains
Klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:08 AM   #344
quikag
 
Drives: 2SS '16 Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: DFW
Posts: 83
Exact same issues in my ‘16 SS A8. After the fluid flush, they then eventually replaced the torque converter and rear diff. Problem solved. Butter smooth now on highway in V4 mode and no rear end groan.
__________________
'16 2SS White/Adrenaline Red Coupe Mag ride, 8-speed, Sunroof, Dual-Mode Exhaust, Black wheels

Also:
2010 ZR1
2018 GT3
2013 LX570
quikag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:17 AM   #345
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan
 
leadfoot93's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Garnet Red
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NY
Posts: 1,237
I had my flush done yesterday, it was nice not having the shudder. But we'll see if it lasts or not.
__________________
Ordered: Garnet Red Tint coat 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS, Auto, NPP
1100 Status: 8/6/15
3800 Status: 10/13/15 VIN #116519
4200 Status: 12/19/15
Delivered : 12/28/15
leadfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:17 PM   #346
jimmypop13

 
Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klayman View Post
I would like to get feedback on the swap and results!

I believe you can have the tranny computer tuned also concerning slip....

I have been reading up and looking at differing future repairs. My present route is to keep pushing it on the dealer.
I'll keep you updated when the converter goes in. I did tune the tranny yesterday to give 0 slip and it seems to be working for the most part but I swear I still feel the occasional bobble. My converter must be in bad shape. I'm hoping to get the new converter in a week or two after Christmas
__________________
2016 camaro 2SS hyper blue/Kalahari, A8, MRC, NPP, sunroof, SW headers, high flow cats, 3" x-pipe
Sold: 2002 Z28, NBM, M6, 460rwhp, 2009 HHR SS
RIP : 2002 WS6 Black, A4, 355rwhp
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:56 AM   #347
RollaMo

 
RollaMo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 2SS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rolla, MO
Posts: 1,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
Thanks to this forum, I was well aware of these issues when our 2017 2SS A8 started to show the same symptoms.

Took it into the dealer, and to my surprise they knew what I was talking about.
I had printed both of the documents that are floating around (Trans shudder & Rear End Groan) and showed them.

I'll tell you what the customer attitude going in can make a big difference in how you are treated.
When I showed them the documents, I mentioned that I wasn't trying to diagnose the problem and I was just trying to give them a starting point.

Anyway, they performed the rear end flush, and the 3 flush on the transmission.
Picking the car up late this afternoon, so we'll see how it goes.

He wants us to drive the car for a good 200 to 300 miles and if the shudder is still there, GM will replace the torque converter.

Picked the car up, and took a 350 mile road trip yesterday.
For now the shudder is gone, and drives like new again.
We'll see if it lasts.
Just over 11,000 miles on the car now.
Service advisor told me if the issue comes back (and what I am reading indicates it very well might), then they will replace the torque converter.
__________________
1996 Corvette - LT4
2017 Camaro 2SS
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:05 AM   #348
grampa_ss
 
grampa_ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Stansbury Park
Posts: 276
Question for you guys....

1. I only feel or rather hear a rumble/exhaust note change when it drops into V4 mode. If I go into manual mode, pop it into 7th then back into 8th....everything is fine. No weird V4 sounds.

is this normal?

2. How bad is the shudder you guys are feeling? if I had it would I immediately know it? or is it something you have to try and feel?
__________________
2016 2SS, MRC, NPP, A8, Summit White.
Mods: Rotofab CAI, GM Dark tail lights & 3rd brake light.
C7 ZL1 splitter and side skirts.
Best 1320: 12.44 @ 111 DA 2900 DRs
grampa_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #349
SuperSound


 
SuperSound's Avatar
 
Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 4,960
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
Question for you guys....

1. I only feel or rather hear a rumble/exhaust note change when it drops into V4 mode. If I go into manual mode, pop it into 7th then back into 8th....everything is fine. No weird V4 sounds.

is this normal?

2. How bad is the shudder you guys are feeling? if I had it would I immediately know it? or is it something you have to try and feel?
1. Exhaust note change is normal in V4, especially if you have NPP and set to track mode.

2. The shudder can be felt in the wheel pretty quickly. It will feel like a tire is out of balance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
Current: '17 2SS Hyper Blue, A8, MRC, NPP
Past: '99 SS Camaro A4, '73 Camaro 383 A3

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #350
grampa_ss
 
grampa_ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Stansbury Park
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
1. Exhaust note change is normal in V4, especially if you have NPP and set to track mode.

2. The shudder can be felt in the wheel pretty quickly. It will feel like a tire is out of balance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I have NPP and do leave it in track mode.
I guess I'm ok as I don't feel that.

Thank you.
__________________
2016 2SS, MRC, NPP, A8, Summit White.
Mods: Rotofab CAI, GM Dark tail lights & 3rd brake light.
C7 ZL1 splitter and side skirts.
Best 1320: 12.44 @ 111 DA 2900 DRs
grampa_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.