Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions


BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2017, 09:14 PM   #197
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,584
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmueller View Post
They responded to me. They also asked that I keep the information private. I will respect their request. You are not too far off on your guess for NGM A10s though.
That's very respectable of you!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #198
thompstl1
 
thompstl1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Anderson, Tx.
Posts: 369
Got my note back from GM, totally surprised at the number of white ZL1's... it wasn't many...just over 1% of the 3,048 produced (they asked I didn't give specific numbers).

I'm so surprised in fact, I'm wondering if that 's even true.... There wasn't enough information to determine how many white A-10's were produced... unless you use the mathematical ratios of manuals to autos and use the same percentages that were white. Using that math, only 22 white ZL1's with A-10 transmissions were produced...

That sound reasonable?
__________________
Clear Bra, Tint, Splash Guards, Ceramic Coating, Painted Spoiler and Rear Views
thompstl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:11 PM   #199
Boo
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Tampa
Posts: 176
I doubt that

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompstl1 View Post
Got my note back from GM, totally surprised at the number of white ZL1's... it wasn't many...just over 1% of the 3,048 produced (they asked I didn't give specific numbers).

I'm so surprised in fact, I'm wondering if that 's even true.... There wasn't enough information to determine how many white A-10's were produced... unless you use the mathematical ratios of manuals to autos and use the same percentages that were white. Using that math, only 22 white ZL1's with A-10 transmissions were produced...

That sound reasonable?
Should be that white is the 2nd or 3rd most popular color ...putting it in about 400 or so then 60% of those are A10s...230...idk just guessing...crazy how the only color they have broken down in detail is the Krypton...rarity i guess. So the number they gave you was 1%??? Odd you mean 10%?
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 05:30 PM   #200
thompstl1
 
thompstl1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 A10 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Anderson, Tx.
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Should be that white is the 2nd or 3rd most popular color ...putting it in about 400 or so then 60% of those are A10s...230...idk just guessing...crazy how the only color they have broken down in detail is the Krypton...rarity i guess. So the number they gave you was 1%??? Odd you mean 10%?
They actually told me that of the 3,048 ZL1's that were built xx (less than 40) were white.

They asked that I not give the specific number, but that's just over 1%.

I may write to them again and see if I get a different answer. That number really doesn't sound correct to me.

Others?
__________________
Clear Bra, Tint, Splash Guards, Ceramic Coating, Painted Spoiler and Rear Views
thompstl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:19 PM   #201
Boo
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Tampa
Posts: 176
You mean convertibles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompstl1 View Post
They actually told me that of the 3,048 ZL1's that were built xx (less than 40) were white.

They asked that I not give the specific number, but that's just over 1%.

I may write to them again and see if I get a different answer. That number really doesn't sound correct to me.

Others?
Convertibles maybe but ive actually seen a few whites here and searching sales over the last few months...the pthe most common colors were black white blue red grey in that order. That seems surprising 1%? 30? Idk avoyt that
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 06:44 PM   #202
Boo
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Tampa
Posts: 176
There are 5 white 2017 zl1 for sale online right now....
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:29 PM   #203
Boo
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Tampa
Posts: 176
Last ones...

So right now online there are 37 2017 zl1s for sale... 7 blks...6 grn....5 wht....4 silver...4 grey....3 blue...2 arctic....2 mosaic...2 red....1 red tintcoat and 1 yellow....yes I'm a dork! But if i could id buy up that convertible arctic blue A10! Buy em up everybody!
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:40 AM   #204
Ray_Dogg
 
Drives: ‘06 GTO(sold), ‘14 Audi S4, ‘17 ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
I saw your message and checked...i got the total...awesome! Less than a thought. Looks like there are more blk-wht-red-blues. So i will reconfigure my algorithm to 175 lol sweet
Would one of ya’ll mind messaging me? Pretty please. I didn’t get NAV so I guess that is a little rarer.
__________________
ZL1 Coupe Nightfall Gray Metallic, A10, Carbon Fiber Hood, PDR
Ray_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:48 AM   #205
mlee
www.CamaroFest.org
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Silverado
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 32,173
All I do know is I have #2 built of the A10 Camaros...
__________________
.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:13 PM   #206
17CamaroZL1
Life's Short, Live Fast!
 
17CamaroZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: London, KY
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
All I do know is I have #2 built of the A10 Camaros...
I'd like to know what number mine is. All I know is it's one of the first 89 A10s and it's so fast, many have been surprised by it. I remember the day we surprised the whole family by pulling up in it at a family get together and my dad asked me what it would run in the quarter. I told him it's advertised to run an 11.4, but I think it'll run 10s in the right conditions. He laughed and said, "No. There's no way it'll run 10s if they're advertising it at 11.4. They've done all they can do to get that number and you'll be lucky to match it." He's usually right, but sometimes even an old dog learns a new trick. Lol!
__________________
Life's Short, Live Fast! https://youtu.be/rTUv2p4T7OA 10.94 at 128 mph, 11.13 at 127mph 870 DA, https://youtu.be/e_X_LcpFp50 11.19 at 127mph 1100 DA, https://youtu.be/OXQiCQdQuH4 11.40 at 125mph 1800 DA
https://youtu.be/uWba1qs8M6Q 11.52 at 123mph 3500 DA
TZQPHG '17 ZL1 HBM|A10|Nav|PDR|CFW Hood|ZL1 Mats

12/26/2016 Ordered!
2/8/2017 Built!!
3/2/2017 Brought Home!!!
17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 12:31 PM   #207
Boo
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Tampa
Posts: 176
How do you know your number?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
I'd like to know what number mine is. All I know is it's one of the first 89 A10s and it's so fast, many have been surprised by it. I remember the day we surprised the whole family by pulling up in it at a family get together and my dad asked me what it would run in the quarter. I told him it's advertised to run an 11.4, but I think it'll run 10s in the right conditions. He laughed and said, "No. There's no way it'll run 10s if they're advertising it at 11.4. They've done all they can do to get that number and you'll be lucky to match it." He's usually right, but sometimes even an old dog learns a new trick. Lol!
so how do you know you are #2 A10 or how do you know you are within the first 89? Build date? Mine just says 4.17...id love some guidance here
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:25 PM   #208
17CamaroZL1
Life's Short, Live Fast!
 
17CamaroZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: London, KY
Posts: 1,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
so how do you know you are #2 A10 or how do you know you are within the first 89? Build date? Mine just says 4.17...id love some guidance here
I don't know how mlee found out he was #2, but I received one of the very first A10s of which they made 89. Becky told us there would be 89 made in the first ordering cycle. That's about all I know. It was built February 8 and delivered to me March 2.
__________________
Life's Short, Live Fast! https://youtu.be/rTUv2p4T7OA 10.94 at 128 mph, 11.13 at 127mph 870 DA, https://youtu.be/e_X_LcpFp50 11.19 at 127mph 1100 DA, https://youtu.be/OXQiCQdQuH4 11.40 at 125mph 1800 DA
https://youtu.be/uWba1qs8M6Q 11.52 at 123mph 3500 DA
TZQPHG '17 ZL1 HBM|A10|Nav|PDR|CFW Hood|ZL1 Mats

12/26/2016 Ordered!
2/8/2017 Built!!
3/2/2017 Brought Home!!!
17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 03:48 PM   #209
Boo
 
Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Tampa
Posts: 176
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
I don't know how mlee found out he was #2, but I received one of the very first A10s of which they made 89. Becky told us there would be 89 made in the first ordering cycle. That's about all I know. It was built February 8 and delivered to me March 2.
Thats pretty cool! Im guessing mine was the second cycle...as the build date is 4/17 and actually got it at the very end of April. So must be early April. I thought that there were just three cycles...like winter (just manuals) spring first A10s and then summer. I emailed GM to see if they can tell me when exactly mine was made and what number it was. Probably wishful thinking. Thank yoy
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 04:45 PM   #210
Artos

 
Artos's Avatar
 
Drives: A10 LT4
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Deep South TX
Posts: 764
I picked up mine March 10th, but do not recall the Feb build date & not sure if I'm in that 89 or not...mlee is simply in the clique.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.