Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #15
Bpw72

Drives: 2011 camaro ss convertible 2ss/rs
reminds me of a TR7 but the rear window is raked
Bpw72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #16
LiquidDragon

Drives: 2013 1LT RS
Sorry if you don't like that I don't like your design but IMHO it just looks like garbage and if anything it looks like you are just trying to make a video game version of a ferrari.

LiquidDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #17
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidDragon View Post
Garbage

I wouldn't wish this on anyone even Honda
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #18
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
[QUOTE
Soooooo..... what do you guys (or gals) think? Does this style work as a Camaro or does it work better as a Mustang?[/QUOTE]

Sorry but it just doesn't work.

Flare out the sides to start but honesty you may be better as starting complete over.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:44 PM   #19
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Doc, I'm afraid that you might be utilizing an inferior testing ground to get good feedback on your design. Though you preface your post on what to expect, the large majority of people will gleen through your post just to get to the picture and then respond accordingly. As you well know, designs are meant to provoke a reaction, though probably not what you are looking for with this particular one.

I think it's great that you are utilizing you're other and newfound skills, but like anything else one needs to excel in or get better...the more in touch you are with you're audience, the better you can serve them. You certainly have exceptional skills at understanding automotive designs and at learning new skills to translate them to CAD. I enjoy seeing you're projects.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #20
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
I'm not feeling it at all. The nose design leads me to believe that this car would get airborne at around 90mph.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #21
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
You have mid engine proportions in your design.

You have too much Corvette/old Camaro hatch glass on top of those proportions.

I think your sharp features on the side are putting everyone off. It does look Dodge like to me also.

I appreciate the effort. I drew cars years ago and did not have any more technology than a pencil and paper.

Check your proportions if you are going after the Pony car.

If you are going after a Super car look then get rid of the hatch glass. GM did on the C5 Camaro and C7 Corvette.

Don't get discouraged. If you didn't know it, it took guts to put your design up for critique.
Old 01-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #22
scca02

Drives: 2010 RS/2lt....Silver,bk stripes,6s
I wont say it......

I see some Corvair in there...... is there four seat?
scca02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:08 PM   #23
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Opel GT
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:14 PM   #24
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #25
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Holy crap

I'm shocked by everyone's comments. But then again I'm sure everyone could do so much better on their own

Hey it's much better than I could ever do so just keep at it. Can you try putting the new Camaro '14 tail lights on it? Also, maybe try the gills from the '69 and 5th Gen to tie it into the Camaro heritage.

I think it's really cool that you are looking forward to what may come and as you stated the '16 is most likely already in the file as far as GM is concerned. And, who says the '20 might not be mid-engined? Keep the images coming, not all of us are going to leave rude comments and shoot down what you are trying.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:50 PM   #26
ASSASSIN

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Sorry NO

2010 2SS SIM LS3, GM Ground Effects, Cherrybomb Extreme Axle-Back
ASSASSIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:16 AM   #27
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
I think I'll just blithely ignore all posts that offer no constructive feedback or even answer the question "Camaro or Mustang". I'm also not going to post any images of any part of the car that still has a lot of work to do so people don't start blowing chunks and getting woozy.

I'll probably do both a Camaro and a Mustang version just for the sake of interest. However at the moment I'm working on it as a Camaro. I've slightly re-proportioned the cabin towards the back which was not an easy task to do with this design. I'm also not entirely opposed to a change in engine location if the Camaro does in fact go mid-engine. People have to realize that the days of the big blocks and hulking monsters are rapidly disappearing. The laws that are being forced on us by our elected so-called representatives are going to require smaller engines in the future. This concept is 2020-forward so everyone should keep in mind what effect the laws are going to have on designs at that time. In fact, if the aristoc...I mean "elected" officials get their way in the future, we won't even be able to control our cars. We'll just sit in them while the government drives it for us.

So.... that being said, here's the latest with changes to the front mostly.

Name:  Concept 2020 Camaro Alt4a.jpg
Views: 3508
Size:  60.5 KB

This front really likes Hugger Orange:

Name:  Concept 2020 Camaro Alt4b.jpg
Views: 15707
Size:  64.4 KB

One of my goals with this design (as was true with my previous effort) is driver visibility. This is the reason why I chose the all-glass back. It's the best solution for visibility. It opens up the cabin and gets rid of the sitting-in-a-cave feeling I've seen people complain about. Forward and side visibility with this design is excellent too. With the new thinner, lighter, stronger glasses that are now available this should be a much better solution than it was in times past.

Although I shouldn't have to say it, apparently it's still necessary to remind everyone that this is a work-in-progress and the images I post reflect that; things can and will change. Other designers generally don't do this and I can definitely see why. Being that as it may I will restrict the images I post to those views that show mostly-finished design.

If you're going to post a comment, fine... just make it constructive. Posts that say "It looks like (whatever)" are useless; don't bother because I don't care. I like to draw upon styling ideas and elements from all kinds of vehicles going back decades because I think beautiful styling is beautiful styling, no matter when it was created. I don't think all previous styling should be abandoned just because it's been done before. If you don't like it, create your own ideas and post them in your own thread so we can see what you think is better.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:55 AM   #28
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
To me I can't answer you question by picking camaro or mustang. It doesn't in any way shape or form speak either one to me. Who knows, in 5 years it may. That will depend on where the real designers of these two lead us.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation