Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #29
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Always love the threads where someone posts "why doesn't GM listen to us.......EVERYONE wants XYZ"

Just because you want doesn't mean everyone or even most or even some. But it does sound funny if you say "why won't GM listen to ME"
Old 03-20-2014, 10:21 PM   #30
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
Dont know if they arnt tried of all the bickering, I Own a 2010 2LT/RS/GFX/INFERNO ORANGE MATELIC with Orange Interior.

I"ve personally added the cheverolet door seals;
Black out across trunck lid did the side gills, the Shifter boot for the automatic, And the Paddle Shifters. Added the Vararam Intake/ tuned /throttle body/RX Catch can
Bought the led Lights for the side makers and DRL's Then i finally got the Heritage Grill.and my car looks great. just need to get my exhaust tips on the car.

My hole point is they are lesting to thousands of people that have a love for the Camar
Could they have had pust button start? Yes they coud have buit the car anyway they have chosen,BUT thr built my Camaro Just like i needed it and for that I thank them.
Attached Images

PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.

Last edited by spyderbuddy; 03-20-2014 at 10:34 PM.
spyderbuddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:36 PM   #31
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
But t he best part of being able to modifiey these camaros is fanststic;
Cheverolet door seals
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:51 PM   #32
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Always love the threads where someone posts "why doesn't GM listen to us.......EVERYONE wants XYZ"

Just because you want doesn't mean everyone or even most or even some. But it does sound funny if you say "why won't GM listen to ME"
Amen!
Everyone is different, that's why there isn't one model car that only comes one way. What driver A wants in a car driver B may not...
I don't want or need a V8 in my Camaro, I have been very happy with the V6's I have had in the 2 5th gens I have owned in the last 4 years.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:11 AM   #33
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
For what it's worth - the Camaro team listens to it's customers (and enthusiasts) more than many other car lines put together. You might be familiar with the disciples...or the company's presence at the Camaro5 Fest and many other shows.

They're constantly listening...as I'm sure they've read this thread already.

Couldn't have said it better. To insinuate the Camaro team doesn't care or listen to the consumers is just ignorant.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:08 AM   #34
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Motive View Post
I am not knocking any guys that own a V6 but....as a senior who has been into cars for 50 years I tell every young person the only way to fly is the V8. If you don't have enough money to buy a new one, find a low mileage used one or save enough to get the V8.

Every car I ever bought was a V8 and yes I saved an extra couple years to get one. Sacrifice is a word young people need to get used to. Two jobs was a no brainer during my younger years raising a family and both me and my wife working those long hours.

When my daughter was looking for a modern muscle car it was between the Camaro SS, Mustang GT and Challenger 392. She test drove all three cars and decided on finding a Challenger online. Eventually after a year a leftover 2012 in the color combo she wanted was discounted $10k from Landmark Dodge in Morrow GA 700 miles away.

Last April 2013 the car was delivered. She saved and saved and yes saved and got the car of her dreams with a V8. Blue with silver stripes and its a true touring car.

So now you have the V6 and want some more performance. Get another job and pay the car off. Save for a V8. Sacrifice and waiting are two very important attributes in getting the car you really want not the one you settle on.
That's nice. The V6 I got is quicker than most anything from back when you got into cars 50 years ago - what was fast then is still fast now (that we can go faster still is just particularly sweet icing on the affordable performance cake).

Also, the used Cessna I'm saving up for is far more important to me than a couple extra cylinders whose added performance will only rarely be used to their full potential - they're just not worth it. I did indeed save, and got exactly what I wanted. If the fact that I've modded my ride some since then means I didn't, well, there are a lot of V8 owners out there who've modded their cars when more powerful factory options existed - should they "get another job" too? If your daughter mods her Challenger even a little, does that mean she needs a lesson in patience and sacrifice so she could have afforded a Viper?

The point: unless you are the Thought Police and know others' individual decision making processes, save the lecture, and I won't pass judgement on your decisions if you don't pass ill-informed judgement on mine.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:30 AM   #35
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
I did not read thru the entire thread (...but I will shortly - time's a bit tight...) but here are my thoughts on "GM needs to listen to their customers more" --

Show me one other brand in the entire industry that listens to their customers more........

Show me one other that has a group of 15 Disciples

Show me one other that constantly gets out and joins forums

Show me one other that sends people to dozens of shows each year

.....here's the problem: (S)

>some people think their idea is best - however, there are times when that idea conflicts directly with laws, or others' opinions' or cost constraints or engineering constraints

>no matter what we choose and who we listen to, there will always be someone who is dis-satisfied.

In the case of the LFX engine - keep in mind that it's a corp engine shared with other GM Brands -- few of which the owners care about what the engine components are made of.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #36
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

>no matter what we choose and who we listen to, there will always be someone who is dis-satisfied.
Couldn't have said it better myself!
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #37
ssrs396

Drives: 68 vert 396 13 ls
The fact that 5th gen was even built is a testament to "GM listening to its consumers more"... I guess people forget about the dark years...lol
ssrs396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #38
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
I was posting a reply much in the same vein as Scotts post about a month and a half ago... I stopped midway through it b/c I felt (knew) that it would be like shooting spitballs at a tank.

Having said that, I agree 100% Mr. Settlemire, I am blown away by how much GM tries to listen.

We hear about the new super Camaro in the works and what is involved. The purists say, Were glad, but this shouldn't be a Z/28. Too heavy and the Z was never anything other than a hi rev track-focused car. How about calling it a ZL1 or a 1LE instead? BAM, we get a ZL1, 1LE soon after AND GM still followed through and gave the world the Z/28 we've been lusting over for last. No one expected that and most companies would have stood pat.

We cried about a bland blank interior, BAM, new updated interior for 2012.

We ask for nav and smartphone integration, BAM, 2013 MY sees MyLink std, nav available.

We create polls for a new medium-blue, BAM, new blue coming.

That's a small example but I think most logical people agree and understand. IMO GM probably listens a bit too much as it relates to Camaro for my tastes. You can't argue with the results though.

Camaro is one of the few car lines that isn't decontented while the price goes up and up. The way team Camaro @ GM has gone about doing business and the relationship with it's Camaro loyalists should be studied. Notice how Camaro has consistently beaten it's competition over the life of the 5th gen?

So long as GM focuses on this formula and continually listens to it's base, then I see no reason why Camaro should ever relinquish it's hold on the title of best selling car in the segment, but selling pony car in the world.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:36 AM   #39
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
The fact that 5th gen was even built is a testament to "GM listening to its consumers more"... I guess people forget about the dark years...lol
But we are going back to the dark ages. GM seems to stopped listening.

There are many of us that want pats on the restricted list and GM's exclusive crum is for the birds. I know there are people who will argue the other way but I believe there is enough of us that this is really irritating and who will buy some other vendor next time because of this. If GM thinks this is not a very big point in sales think again. The idea that I have to go by a z28 so all my friends that have a camaro and want parts can use my vin number under my name to get what they want is a frakin joke.

Gm is using collectible as a marketing ploy.. in what world does new and collectible really come together. IT DOES NOT unless... the number is so small and even then it is questionable.. A great example is the Shelby GT350 made a few years back. It is truly a great car but has dropped significantly in price and its numbers were way less then 500.

To this I say GM is greedy and has stopped listening.

Last edited by macwest; 04-26-2014 at 11:51 AM.
macwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #40
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
^ See what I mean? Hopeless....

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #41
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
^ See what I mean? Hopeless....
PLEASE...Prove me wrong..Myself and many others would be really happy. Just open up restricted parts for sale. If GM needs time to do production of new cars great tell us around this time xxx they will be available. I would be happy to wait. We should not have to buy a new car just to get a few parts for our existing car.

Balls back to you......
Old 04-26-2014, 02:17 PM   #42
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Good news about the SS sedan. Its what people asked for...
http://wot.motortrend.com/1404_we_he...e_control.html