Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-17-2022, 10:20 AM   #127
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
I also think this is all super unlikely, but there's one point I want to make, you assume "GM" works as a single large entity and does what's the best for that single entity—well, that is a big assumption.

In my experience large companies have warring or at least intensely competing factions each fighting for their own projects and roadmaps and budgets, so the fact that an updated Camaro may steal Cadillac's thunder isn't necessarily reason enough for "the company" not to do it.
Not saying you are wrong, but one thing to consider is that Tadge is Executive Chief Engineer over all GM performance vehicles, not just C8. That includes V-Series. So even during 6th Gen development, Al reported to Tadge. It becomes a question of his view of portfolio hierarchy.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 10:30 AM   #128
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
After reading this whole thing

LET,S GO BRANDON

lol love from Canada
Old 01-18-2022, 06:21 AM   #129
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
I think a big reason this is not happening is that GM just released the CT5V Blackwing with the LT4 and this is GMs new star 4 seat performance machine and standard bearer. Why would they show up the Cadillac with an LT5 Camaro? Next they'd have to re-engineer and cram the LT5 into the CT5VB only a couple of years after releasing it.

IMO GM would not risk their product marketing strategy by taking attention off the CT5VB and C8 Z06.
The whole message behind Lethal's post is that it will be a special final addition = Limited production run. If that's the case, it's not too hard to believe that it won't trickle down to CT5V Blackwing.

I (and I'm sure others are as well) am prepared to pay stupid dollars for an LT5 ZL1-1LE.
NG329 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 03:57 PM   #130
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Hey gents,

Had to solve with Mike Lee how to gain access to my account again. But I can finally respond on thee forums after 6+ months of trying. Appreciate the topic and discussion and trust me I am still skeptical as stated in the video without having multiple sources to confirm.

As for click bait comments, I'm reporting on the info provided/sent my way. My channel has never had millions of views on videos, nor have I intentionally tried to be Mr. click bait. If you think I make a ton of money off videos, please do some research and see how little videos actually provide. I mean my highest paid video right now is headlight adjustments for a 2018 Dodge Ram... Barely enough to cover a meal at McDonalds after a month of views. I guess that was a long winded way of saying, I am not posting videos to make money. I am a fan and enthusiast and just like sharing news or info as I receive it... rumor or not. Want to help suggest non-click bait titles, I am all ears.

One person mentioned if you can't confirm it don't report it... I had that stance long ago. But being a hopeful Camaro lover, I can only pray something happens outside of the nameplate being buried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
Whatever it takes to get the youtube clicks.
I like to think the subscribers to my channel want me to be as clear as possible to inform them on the topic. Have new title suggestions, pass them along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
Yeah seems like pipe dreams to me as well. Lethal could be getting some bad info also so i don’t blame him for making a video to make a few bucks off of it.
I agree... The info could be bad. I have numerous emails with good info I thought was bad and I sat on it and vise versa. Most sources will never reveal who they are and I understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni View Post
Lethal garage be puffing more smoke than Snoop Dogg with that claim.
LOL. People already think I am high all the time... only if it was true. I have better things to do in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmojo View Post
I think he's speculating and click-baiting.
I mean, I thought my titles were way less click bait than most youtubers? Maybe not. I am down for suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil zl1 View Post
No he doesnt .He keeps saying if his sources are reliable .What he and everyone wished for and reality are not always the same . Now he is saying the lt5 only in the 1le Zl1 if it happens .
I truly hope they are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie-G View Post
Lol.
Exhaust can't be done on jack stands...

Has that guy ever turned his own wrenches?
I wouldn't call his YT channel a garage of any sort much less "lethal"
I'm just happy he doesn't do gun vids. "door kickin face shooter"
I said my exhaust can't be done on my jack stands. My rear valance is the aftermarket GM setup that closes off the bottom, where the exhaust pipes exit the rear. It's literally impossible to get the angle to dip out the stock exhaust without cutting it with that valance. Now my stainless works setup certainly can be installed on stands if the stock system was removed. But hey, maybe you didn't understand that aspect.

There is a ton of crap I was able to learn about from Mike that I never felt confident in taking on myself. But yes, I turn my own wrenches and so a lot of stuff on my vehicles on my own, its crazy I know. but that has been the fun since kicking off making videos. I have learned so much and sue me for sharing. I will always be he first to admit what I don't know about building cars, and also be the first in line to learn.

Quote:
He has a resident expert mechanic that comes in and "teaches" him how to do stuff, but I wouldn't trust this guy to work on ANYTHING of mine.
I guess its a good thing I have no desire to work on any cars outside of mine. But I haven't broken anything yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Robinson1 View Post
But what I do care about is everyone shitting on him. This guy has provided a plethora of information when it pertains to modifying a 6gen Camaro. I PERSONALLY have modified my ZL1 further than most of you would ever. Every mod I have completed before digging into I look for DIY so I can always get a look at to what I’m diving into. This guy has provide some type of video for everything from HPFP, 15” conversions, seat deletes, body mods, lights etc. He’s giving more to the Camaro community than most of you have.
This here is all I ever hoped to do. The fact anyone watches my channel still blows my mind, but it's been an amazing journey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
He was a good resource for the first few years of his channel. Then I think he got addicted to the $$$ from YouTube and started going down the clickbait hole. Nothing he has posted in the last 12-18 months has been useful/reliable.
If you think I make any sort of money from YT that is worth writing home about, please do a bit more research. I guess you also hate 2nd gen Camaros.. so that's fine. But the news on plants being shutdown, production updates, etc... must all be false and unreliable. Any other piece has always been caveated with rumor or unconfirmed. Just a enthusiast reporting hopeful news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Lethal has been a member of this community for a long while, and I certainly agree with Martinjlm above.

I think his car (I assume he still has the white 2016 model...I dunno) was built in October 2015...same as my car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Not one thing that I can recall he claimed was coming from gm has been correct yet.
I mean... I can make a list if you want that shows what has actually come true. But of course when GM confirms something I make a video on it also. Did I pee in your cheerios at some point in your life?
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 04:57 PM   #131
Firecaptain

Drives: '22 Summit White ZL1 A10
@Sledgehammer70 Glad to see you got the login stuff straight are are back Matt.....

2020 GT350 Heritage Edition-Chassis L0350
2019 ZL1 Summit White M6
2018 Hellcat White Knuckle M6
2016 Hellcat GoMango A8
2002 Dodge Viper Viper Red
2002 Corvette Z06 Millennium Yellow
1998 Dodge Viper Viper Silver Metallic
Firecaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 06:04 PM   #132
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Setting folks straight lol. Quality read welcome back

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:44 AM   #133
Paulie-G

Drives: 2SS 1LE & ZR2
Sledge,
I clicked on plenty of your videos before I made my assessment of your content.

I stand by my post. Thanks for not doing gun reviews.

Im off to watch women driven.
Paulie-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 07:55 AM   #134
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorforschool@gmail.com View Post
Setting folks straight lol. Quality read welcome back

Quote:
Sledge,

Your post shows how much you don't know about Lethal. His DIY videos and coverage of Camaro by far pre-dates your time here and no other vlogger has passion for Camaro and invested this much time into it than him.

- He owns one of the fastest 5th Gens in the country

- He actually drives and licensed to run this car as well

- He has supported this community from day 1 with many helpful videos

- He organizes Camaro events and drives across the country to attend others.

Huge difference between the Lethal Channel and random bloggers or car sites who could care less about Camaro and just want clicks or sell a car. I can certainly name a few. He is an actual enthusiast like the rest of us and simply puts time in to publish relevant YouTube content. He's really the only guy I would listen to whether I agreed with everything or not and you can read my post in this thread which is simply my thoughts. This is the way things always get pieced together and if you had been here over time, it always becomes clear of what was actually going on in the end.

Back to topic... I certainly hope LT5 and refreshed ZLE front comes to fruition. That's been my hopes for quite some time.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:29 AM   #135
Mark R

Drives: 2018 ZL-1
Matt, you have been a great help to me after I bought my Camaro. I very much appreciate all you have done for the Camaro community.
Mark R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:07 PM   #136
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Quote:
Sledge,

Sweet, enjoy!
Old 01-19-2022, 03:11 PM   #137
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Back to topic... I certainly hope LT5 and refreshed ZLE front comes to fruition. That's been my hopes for quite some time.
Thanks Mike, It's pretty easy to spot Camaro enthusiasts and just car owners these days. I don't mind if people dislike my content, it is what it is. I am not here to please them. Maybe I will shoot a few gun videos.... pun intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Matt, you have been a great help to me after I bought my Camaro. I very much appreciate all you have done for the Camaro community.
Thanks Mark! Hope your loving your car as much as I love mine.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:38 PM   #138
MightyBobo

Drives: 2022 VOM 2SS 1LE M6 Camaro
Sledge,

I have plenty of respect for your videos. Quite of them are pretty damn good! It's the one with rumor spreading that I think we can both agree is almost entirely to generate youtube clicks.

Please don't give me the "Oh, you have better ideas for video titles? Send em, then." crap. That's on you, not me. But since you asked for a more accurate video title, for the video in question here: "2023 Camaro RUMORS! Potential Powertrain and Color changes?!" Eliminate "NEW 2023 DETAILS!" in the preview photo, and start using more words like "possible", "potential", etc. that show there is no proof of what you claim.

But you and I both know that "2023 Camaro News!" will get a lot more clicks than what I have above. And I stand by my statement: whatever gets the Youtube clicks.

Good luck with the channel. I'll continue watching the stuff that is relevant and meaningful.

20211120 - 1100 --- 20211207 - 2500
20211208 - 3000 (TPW: was 20220103, now 20220124)
20211220 - 3400 (TPW: 20220110)
20220114 - 3800 --- 20220122 - 4300 (1LE Wrap Shuffle)
20220125 - 4B00 --- 20220129 - 4200 (Shipped! ETA: 20220223)
20220212 - 4800 --- 20220216 - 6000!

2024 Silverado EV RST First Edition on reserve, as well.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 03:58 PM   #139
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Sledge,

I have plenty of respect for your videos. Quite of them are pretty damn good! It's the one with rumor spreading that I think we can both agree is almost entirely to generate youtube clicks.

Please don't give me the "Oh, you have better ideas for video titles? Send em, then." crap. That's on you, not me. But since you asked for a more accurate video title, for the video in question here: "2023 Camaro RUMORS! Potential Powertrain and Color changes?!" Eliminate "NEW 2023 DETAILS!" in the preview photo, and start using more words like "possible", "potential", etc. that show there is no proof of what you claim.

But you and I both know that "2023 Camaro News!" will get a lot more clicks than what I have above. And I stand by my statement: whatever gets the Youtube clicks.

Good luck with the channel. I'll continue watching the stuff that is relevant and meaningful.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 05:05 PM   #140
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen