Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 08-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #155
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by brAnd7onX View Post
This reminds me a lot of the xbox one vs ps4... Xbox one had more packed into it but with a premium price over ps4 and look how that turned out. In general most people don't care about or even know about the added goodies in the Camaro over the mustang. They simply look at price point.

It won't be long before Chevy lowers the Camaro price because the sales won't be where they expected them to be.
So why doesn't Dodge trounce everyone in sales with the RT? Because price isn't as big a sticking point as you think. Hell most Americans don't even negotiate at the dealer, they see what they want and buy it. So not a good comparison in that sense.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
Old 08-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #156
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
Sorry all engines in the 6th gen are in other GM vehicles too. The Mustang if anything usually has less carryover than the Camaro.

I think a lot of this extra cost for the SS, isn't necessarily new features but the methods used to save weight and not water down the powertrain options. Once we see performance numbers I am betting a lot of people will change their tune. After all everyone considers the Scat Pack cars a steal @ $39k. How big a steal will the 1SS be when it outruns the Scat Pack and significantly out handles a GT PP (speculation of course)? Remember, the GT is not the cheapest V8 pony car, the RTs have that and exactly how has it helped them outsell their competition? I think everyone agrees the GT and SS cars are much better value than the RT.
you are going based on a lot of "if and maybe's"... Performance numbers aren't mind blowing, then what then? I expect this car to be faster. But not by much.

Regardless, I plan on getting a 2SS solely for the HUD.. I hate lather seats, especially ones of low quality like Chevy's.. Those seats don't last the test of time, period. Annoys me how much they chose to force on us.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:17 PM   #157
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Sorry all engines in the 6th gen are in other GM vehicles too. The Mustang if anything usually has less carryover than the Camaro.

I think a lot of this extra cost for the SS, isn't necessarily new features but the methods used to save weight and not water down the powertrain options. Once we see performance numbers I am betting a lot of people will change their tune. After all everyone considers the Scat Pack cars a steal @ $39k. How big a steal will the 1SS be when it outruns the Scat Pack and significantly out handles a GT PP (speculation of course)? Remember, the GT is not the cheapest V8 pony car, the RTs have that and exactly how has it helped them outsell their competition? I think everyone agrees the GT and SS cars are much better value than the RT.
As it sits right now I think the R/T Scat Pack is the best bang for the buck at 485hp starting at $39K, but as you said...who knows one we see the 6th gen performance specs

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Old 08-21-2015, 12:18 PM   #158
suzook

Drives: camaro
Tried to tell everyone a 2ss will be at least 45k.....all the improvements cost $....still buying a loaded 2ss....expect to be at $48k.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:18 PM   #159
68fbjjz109

Drives: 15 GTPP, CUCV Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
There were a LOT of 5.0 failures out the gate.

Sounds like Gm identified the issue and corrected it. Out if spec bearings and oil filter thread machining.
I have an acquaintance at katech, they are experiencing still some notable issues. This being said. As long as the manufacture takes care of the issues, I am ok with it.

Many components that fail are supplier versus internal to the OEM, and these things do happen. As long as they don't rely soley on warrant repairs as a mean to implement the fix again I am ok with it.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:19 PM   #160
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
If you take there numbers and estimate options from previous models a fully loaded 2ss convertible might be close to the same price as a 2016 base Vette, rather have the vette. And a GT350 that comes fully loaded, is $47,000. Does this make sense to anyone?? Not to mention the Shelby name itself will guarantee the resale of that car will remain high, better investment.
(Disclaimer I do not think a car is an investment)Not unless there 60 years old, Just for discussion parameters.
GT350 does not come loaded at $47k, more like stripped.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:20 PM   #161
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68fbjjz109 View Post
I wonder if the change in place of manufacture has anything to do with the price increase; as the car is now being built in Michigan?

It will be very interesting to see the final weight, and the comparisons late this fall.

Ford excels on the strategic side of building affordable cars. It has alot to do with why the Mustang is still all steel, furthermore Ford generally does a notable amount carryover power trains options to lessen new capital investment and ease the price on new models.

We have a new Camaro, and two new powertrains it does cost money.
The Mustang has it's own chassis and it's own engine, at least in the 5.0. I know the 5.0 is used in the F150 but I doubt it's the same engine.

The Camaro is the 3rd car to use it's chassis and uses engines that were developed for other cars.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:20 PM   #162
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxWittles View Post
LOL you're gonna start a console war! But I agree
Haha. I recently picked up the Xbox One and have had Wi-Fi issues with it along with games crashing. Constantly dropping Wi-Fi. My PS4 has worked like a charm since release. I don't know what it is, but I seem to always have issues with Microsoft products. However, I work in IT on the software side so I'm glad Microsoft is around.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:20 PM   #163
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
ya..not sure where you got that number, it will start at $49999

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Old 08-21-2015, 12:21 PM   #164
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
GT350 isn't even 47k like people like to mention. IT'S A 50K DOLLAR CAR WITH DESTINATION AND GAS GUZZLER TAX. That is a 13k difference from the 1SS.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:22 PM   #165
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
you are going based on a lot of "if and maybe's"... Performance numbers aren't mind blowing, then what then? I expect this car to be faster. But not by much.

Regardless, I plan on getting a 2SS solely for the HUD.. I hate lather seats, especially ones of low quality like Chevy's.. Those seats don't last the test of time, period. Annoys me how much they chose to force on us.
You haven't been on this forum long enough to know. I'd suggest reading some of the threads about expected performance. Granted it is speculation and the bottom line is if the performance does not pan out, the cost will be unwarranted.

*Edit: not trying to come off harsh, but there's too much to say about performance increases in this thread.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:23 PM   #166
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
It's 50k with gg tax and destination. Stripped. It's like 6 k to add in options. Pretty much 60k out the door after taxes.

As for the topic at hand. I'm shocked it increased this much. Still a decent price for what you get. Maybe they are pushing people to the 2ss. Hopefully that will stay at 40k tops and offer a bit better value.

On a positive note this could be a sign of high quality, weight loss and performance. You get what you pay for.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:23 PM   #167
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enders View Post
I'm kind of bummed out on the 1SS price. Was hoping to upgrade to a V8 (don't care if it's Mustang or Camaro, I'm not a brand zealot) in a year or so, and the Camaro was a big contender.

Comparing current prices, I can get a GT PP for $33.5k (including destination charges with X-Plan, which is easy to get) vs $37.3k for the 1SS. Unless there is something similar to X-Plan for the Camaro that I'm not aware of, it's an almost $4k difference.

It's possible the 2017 Mustang will add some options to keep up with the Camaro so that could be an option too. Guess I'll wait and see what the prices/options are like in a year and decide from there.
I feel comparing end of year, or such and such plan pricing, from one car, to a new MY different car is not fair.

But that said, if you are on the fence between Mustang and Camaro, it is still a very valid reason to consider just going with the Mustang.

Now lets say Ford decided to up the performance and/or content of their 2017 GT to match Camaro. Well in that case I'd bet we could very well see a 1 to 2K price increase on their end as well for a base model.
Old 08-21-2015, 12:23 PM   #168
68fbjjz109

Drives: 15 GTPP, CUCV Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit Muscle View Post
As it sits right now I think the R/T Scat Pack is the best bang for the buck at 485hp starting at $39K, but as you said...who knows one we see the 6th gen performance specs
As someone who does alot of work for FCA, I like the Challenger, but even it the Scat Pack form it is not a true competitor the the Mustang or Camaro. Like most of their vehicles and vehicle considerations; they are on a island.

There are documented cases of GT/PP over taking the Scat Packs, the 6gen Camaro with comparable weight and more power than the Mustang should have no issue.

Unless the Mopar is the Devil you know... Then by all means.

Closed Thread