Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 05-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #71
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakooza View Post
Streets of Willow..and I agree the two shouldn't be compared as apples to apples. I think the SS is going to surprise a lot of people.

I do business in Germany and from my company I know plenty of people that regularly visit the ring. Many of them were saying the Camaros they were testing were beast and very surprising.
I think 6th gen owners will be happy either way. I look forward to stepping out of my Mustang and into the 2016.
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:08 AM   #72
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
This is quite amusing. Arguing about anything without data is opinion and hope.

What GM is better than Fiat of Ford is handling and braking. Ford has a chance to step up with the GT350 and 350R to show they can deliver at the high level GM continues to. Keep in mind GM is learning everyday on cars with V badges and Corvettes. Ford doesn't have that benefit. And don't come crying with the GT. It's a different animal altogether.

GM has the benefit of 5 years of working on the Alpha architecture to make great stuff. And from what we got a glimpse of yesterday, GM isn't holding back any of the good stuff from that development work.

Powertrains are a different story. I still believe GM is working on something between the LT1 and LT4. Yes that is hope with zip to back it up. If there is only an LT4 in the future then you will likely see the ZL1 be the street and "comport" model capable of awesome stuff and the Z/28 a low weight, CC braked version. Take the high cost of the LS7 in the current Z/28 and put that into carbon fenders and hood for example.

There is a lot invested in ZL1 and Z/28 right now so I don't see them not having both in the future. They just may share an engine but not much else.

But Ford has played their hand. All that is missing is the GT500 replacement. Fiat? Absolutely they are working on something new and I'll predict right now it won't be a 4,200 pound replacement.

And as for the earlier comment on Ford having the sales winner? That's only for the last 6 months and likely for the next 6 until the Gen6 hits the road. Then it will equalize.

I agree, the Mustang made a big leap of improvement if nothing more than the addition of the IRS.

As for the interior? I think the Camaro is very competitive with these. Mustang really is pretty drab in this one picture.
Attached Images

Old 05-17-2015, 11:16 AM   #73
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
No, I have no doubt that some monster Camaro will be out in a few years, I'm just saying it won't be the ZL1. ZL1 and Z/28 are being combined into one model......
Like I stated - semantics over a nameplate. ZL1 or Z/28 or "whatever", I'm looking forward to it.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:22 AM   #74
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakooza View Post
On a long straight track the GT350 margin will be greater. A tighter track and the alpha chassis outshines the GT350 and times will get very close. I look for the times differences to be less than the old 1le put up on the new mustang on a short track.
I think that's a bit of an arrogant assumption considering that Alpha and the S550 have not yet gone head to head..nor the GT350 version of the S550 chasis which is supposedly dramatically improved (something like 80% of the components are different, suspension etc) from the GT.

I fully believe the SS, especially with the MRC, will outmatch the GT. However I am not yet willing to put my foot in my mouth by saying that the GT350 is already beaten
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 11:28 AM   #75
deathfly7

Drives: 1000rr
Dodge is going to bring the cuda soon, my guess is more weight and more horsepower than the camaro. I hope the make a cuda hellcat
deathfly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #76
atlcamaro1

Drives: mercedes s class
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
I'm failing to see how the Camaro "clearly whupped Ford in styling"....
Ive seen enough 2015 mustangs in person to know that if you dont have the right wheel setup, and a GT model, the camaro STILL is a better looking car, both the 5th and 6th generations. ( the base mustangs are bland). The interior of the 2015 mustang WAS the better interior. I said WAS because now camaro has taken that crown.......Camaro for the win.............
atlcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:31 PM   #77
atlcamaro1

Drives: mercedes s class
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezima View Post
What are you talking about? Dodge has released a 707 Horsepower wrecking machine, the Challenger Hellcat, and also the fastest sedan at the moment at 707 HP, the Charger Hellcat, and Mustang has had the most sales out of both for the 15 model and also has Shelby on the way..... HAHAHAHAHA
He said STYLING, not engines.........the 2015 mustang is nothing but a fusion coupe........lmao
atlcamaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #78
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
What's a short track to you? The difference should be fairly big between base SS and 350. Not that I really care, I'm not in the market for a track car.. I'll be going for all around and I'm getting the SS.

The 350 has huge brakes, has much wider tires, and is really oriented for track use. The two really shouldn't be compared.

I look to the SS handily besting the GT.
I agree. I think some people are getting a little ahead of themselves with the gt350 comparison. We will find out soon enough, but I predict the correct setup on a SS will land right in the middle of a GT PP and GT350. Straight 1/4 mile will be closer to the GT350 but with an excellent driver the GT350 will win. Most manual drivers, myself included, are not excellent though a lot think they are.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:17 PM   #79
blacks550gt

Drives: 2015 mustang gt
love my s550 gt, not really a camaro fan but I'm not gonna hate.
GM did pretty good with the 6th gen, looks aside. Love the interior and how it's looking on paper. Congrats to the future owners
competition leads to better toys hehe
blacks550gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:25 PM   #80
blacks550gt

Drives: 2015 mustang gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcamaro1 View Post
He said STYLING, not engines.........the 2015 mustang is nothing but a fusion coupe........lmao
Not trying to sound biased cause I own one. But the only resemblance they have is somewhat on the headlights. The s550 mustang through and through is a mustang, and looks like a mustang. Just like how the 6th gen camaro is a camaro.
blacks550gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:32 PM   #81
shakooza

Drives: Car
I spent some time going down the features list of the Mustang and the Camaro and my personal verdict is that the Camaro just put an expiration date on the Mustang. Within one year of the Mustangs release the Camaro makes it appear a generation behind.

I am NOT a chevy fan boy by any means. To be honest I've always been partial to the Mustang. We still need to see the test and to drive the Camaro but from a technology perspective there really is no comparing these cars. I feel like I'm comparing a Vette and a Mustang versus a Mustang and a Camaro. Ford has a LOAD of catching up to and just adding DI to the 5.0 isn't going to cut it...
shakooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:34 PM   #82
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
I wanted the Mustang to look better for 2015 because I was going to get one and was disappointed. Gen6 Cam has clearly whupped Ford in styling and Dodge is still over 4k lbs. What they gonna do now that Gen 6 Cam is coming??
The mustang looks like they tried to force a mustang into the curves of a 1969 corvette. I'm not sure what they were thinking, but the side view is horrendous imo.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:36 PM   #83
shakooza

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
The mustang looks like they tried to force a mustang into the curves of a 1969 corvette. I'm not sure what they were thinking, but the side view is horrendous imo.

I actually really like the Mustangs aesthetics....I guess to each their own. I think the Camaro looks just as good. The long stream of bad news during the release of the Mustang turned me off. The Camaro has been nothing but good news....
shakooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 01:37 PM   #84
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacks550gt View Post
Not trying to sound biased cause I own one. But the only resemblance they have is somewhat on the headlights. The s550 mustang through and through is a mustang, and looks like a mustang. Just like how the 6th gen camaro is a camaro.
I agree, in person the mustang has a distinct mustang look, just more refined. Ford and Chevy both did a great job with their new generations.
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote