Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-29-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
Ghosttowncs

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Does Your Signifigant Other Drive Your Car?

I've had this question a couple times now, and to me it just seems silly, but do you let your significant other drive your Camaro? One of the memorable times I've heard that would be when my brother in law, who has an 07' GT 500, asked me if I let my wife drive the Camaro. I, not really thinking anything of it, said "of course". In our house who ever leaves the house first pretty much takes whatever is first in the driveway. (That and the fact the money she earns goes towards payments just as much as mine). Keeping in mind my Brother in law is a HUGE stickler for keeping his car absolutely perfect, that and the fact his wife has a lead foot, it kinda made sense. I also know that things have become pretty tense due to the fact that he will not share that car under almost any circumstance. The question came back up this weekend when talking to my neighbor, she has a 12' LT that is her baby. I offered her my extra set of LED marker lights, and I said I would show her what they look like on the car except my wife is out of town with it. She was shocked, haha. "You share your car?" I thought of course, I wish I could be there too carving through the canyons! I've had that question a couple more times at work as well when people ask where the Camaro is. I guess my point is, who wouldn't want to share the driving joy that we get to experience? Possibly not everyone has the interest, and they would just rather drive their boring Kia to the store everyday. I try to encourage her to take it as much as she would like. A couple weeks ago one of the ladies at her work asked if she could take it to lunch just to see what it's like. I was a little more nervous about that one, but I can only imagine if I was able to do the same how much joy that would bring!
Either way, I'm glad my wife loves fast cars as well. It's a good excuse to keep some hotrods in the fleet!
Old 07-29-2020, 10:25 AM   #2
suzbndt

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2011 Mustang GT
My cool cars no....but my daily driver yes

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
suzbndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:26 AM   #3
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
No wife. I let my girlfriend have a couple learn to drive stick lessons before the Whipple. Now... no she will probably not drive it being new to a stick. If it was an Auto, then yes I would let her drive it on occasion. Though she did just drop my Victory trying to move it so she lost some trust there.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:28 AM   #4
Ghosttowncs

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
Though she did just drop my Victory trying to move it so she lost some trust there.

Ouch! Did it hurt it?
Old 07-29-2020, 10:31 AM   #5
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
My wife can drive it if she wants to, but she really doesn't want to.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
830 WHP 700 WTQ, Whipple 2.9 @ 13lbs Boost, Flex Fuel Tune by Blevins Tuning, LSA SBE, 3.5 GripTec, ATI LS3 Damper, AFR 260cc Mongoose, ARP Studs, Yella Terra Ultralites, Johnson 2110R, BTR PDS Stage 3, Melling 10355, Improved Racing Baffle, ID1050X, DSX Triple Fuel Pump, RotoFab CAI, NW 103mm TB, Stainless Works 1-7/8" LTH to 3" Speed Eng w/ X-pipe to NPP, Powermaster 9509 XS, Detroit Speed Motor Mounts, MGW, Monster LT1-S, ZL1 Calipers, DBA Rotors & Pads, Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks, BMR 1.25" Drop Springs & Adj Rear Bar, Pegasus Solid Bushings, Z/28 Wheels, other misc parts.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:39 AM   #6
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
I have no desire to see my baby upside down, spinning, and on fire in the middle of an intersection. So no, Calamity Jane does not drive it.

She does somewhat "ok" driving small cars though.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:46 AM   #7
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I have zero issues with my wife driving my car. My car is very loud in colour and sound. She laughs when guys in other cars try to bait her to race. A long haired guy in a Mustang covertible was her last victim haha.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:47 AM   #8
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
heck yes and she's good. She has had a lot of HPDE classes and really loves the track.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:47 AM   #9
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
lol i'm so fussy and OCD with the camaro she wont even be a passenger incase she scratches something getting in and out.
my wife hates cars and has zero interest in them.she only drives to the store and back in our daily driver.
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 10:53 AM   #10
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Let? Originally our Camaro was HER DD. However, she got nervous driving it and that's when I commandeered it. She hasn't driven it in over a year and that's fine with me. If she wanted to she could, but she's nervous about messing it up and now that it has a cam she's scared of the power. She had a bad accident years ago and it has curbed her fun driving since then anyway. Don't drive drunk people. You never know who's life it is going to impact. (She was hit by a drunk. She was 100% sober.)
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:06 AM   #11
blewbyyou

Drives: Dusk SE
Not unless I`m dying

no she hates the car so she drives her car (BMW which I hate)and i drive mine unless we go somewhere together then we take the Avalanche.
Old 07-29-2020, 11:31 AM   #12
sergos

Drives: 2017 VW Touareg, 2016 Camaro 2dr Cp
No, it's my car so i wouldn't do it, but maybe if i drink to much beer, and there will be no taxi, I'll allow
sergos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:40 AM   #13
Axe55

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Of course, my girlfriend has driven it. She thought it was hard to see out of, and was a little nervous with the power, so she doesn't like to drive it much.
2012 Camaro SS LS3, JRE Scoop, CAI intake, Whipple Supercharger, Fast 85lb injectors, ZL1 pump, McLeod RXT clutch, MGW shifter, Stainless Power 1 7/8 headers w/HFC, Ridetech coilovers, BMR sway bars, trailing arms, toe rods, cradle bushing inserts, 2020 Speed Tuned.
Axe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 11:46 AM   #14
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosttowncs View Post
Ouch! Did it hurt it?
No, it has big floorboards it just tipped onto.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote