Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-21-2020, 05:39 AM   #85
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
This ^^^

You can make the slope on DIY ramps as gradual as you need. A couple of handles on the sides of stacked 2x10's makes them a lot easier to manhandle.

I've used metal ramps (still have them somewhere) but they were the kind that had tie bars running between the sloping part and the vertical end panels. Main reason I don't use them any more is that they're too narrow for the tires on two of my cars. I wouldn't ever use the kind that didn't have the tie bars.

Norm
LOL! I have those same type of metal ramps as well. Mine are red and date back to the late '70's early '80's.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:42 AM   #86
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmeat View Post
Boy, U must not think much of the floor area where U painted 'em, as it sure looks like CRAP now!! R U that sloppy with everything!!??
He does have a tarp like sheet laid down under them. You can see it in the pic.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 12:20 AM   #87
BAH2SS
Stigs Bahraini Cousin

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
[Deleted post after reading post #88.....thanks man, I stand corrected!]
LOL, No worries as i actually took extra "precautions" because if i sprayed the floor wife wont be happy.
Old 04-22-2020, 05:40 AM   #88
Dogmeat

Drives: 2011 RS
Smart man.....we all know ya' gotta keep the little wifey happy!!
Old 04-22-2020, 09:39 AM   #89
Panda1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE (6spd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Are those the 67” XT’s?
yes, that is correct!

CAI intake, Stainless Power LTH, SCT X4, NPP exhaust
Panda1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:42 AM   #90
Panda1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE (6spd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I just looked up the price of those and couldn't believe it. Those suckers are pricey.

But the reviews I have seen, people love them. Super light and nice and wide. I didn't realize they were foam.

yes, that is why I held out so long. I just got recently frustrated with trying to get my Miata in the air. I told myself these ramps just bumped themselves up my list of priorities. I have only heard good things about them and found out about them a few years ago. They are light, wide, have a nice handle, and I honestly didn't even realize they were foam until I opened my box! I will put them to the test very soon as I am installing LTH's and a new clutch/flywheel for the miata.

CAI intake, Stainless Power LTH, SCT X4, NPP exhaust
Panda1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 06:42 PM   #91
'10CamaroDude
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I have a $30 Rhino Ramps, and a set of steel ramps I got for $20 local, NEW.

Or look for one of these tilting car ramps:
'10CamaroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:54 AM   #92
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
I typically use ramps but have to brace the ramps against the back wall with 2x4's to keep them from sliding. A pain in the butt, but it gives me piece of mind when driving up on them. I also use jack stands, just in case those plastic ramps decide to retire.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 06:24 AM   #93
Dogmeat

FWIW....I'm depressed....Nobody commented on my post (#29 dated 4/13) about the PIT in my barn....regarding not needing ramps!! [OK, I'm not really depressed....after all...cuz I have my Camaro, Vette, Silverado....and....oh yeah.....a gr8 wife! (and we do NOT have the virus.....we're both 72!...and we HAVE been seriously self-quarantining)]
Old 04-29-2020, 04:54 PM   #94
Whitlow

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
FWIW....I'm depressed....Nobody commented on my post (#29 dated 4/13) about the PIT in my barn....regarding not needing ramps!! [OK, I'm not really depressed....after all...cuz I have my Camaro, Vette, Silverado....and....oh yeah.....a gr8 wife! (and we do NOT have the virus.....we're both 72!...and we HAVE been seriously self-quarantining)]
I'll respond to it! I wish like hell I could have this but ramps will have to do! You are one lucky man.....

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2020, 05:30 PM   #95
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Having a pit like that would be awesome. Best part is that it can be multipurpose, such as changing your oil during a tornado. I would love something like that but I don't think that would work in Florida, as it would likely fill with water from our super shallow water table.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:46 PM   #96
MjrStfy

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro V6 2LT RS
I bought the rhino ramps few years back use on both cars to change the oil myself. Don’t trust anyone working in my cars even the dealership who rotated the staggered tires on my Camaro and left oily hand prints on the hood and roof top. �� I use to work at Jiffy Lube you would think the guys you use to work with would take care of your car and do it right nope over filled it with oil lol �� never again.
MjrStfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:44 PM   #97
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Having a pit like that would be awesome. Best part is that it can be multipurpose, such as changing your oil during a tornado. I would love something like that but I don't think that would work in Florida, as it would likely fill with water from our super shallow water table.
I remember folks in Melbourne area that couldn't drain a swimming pool for maintenance because the water table would float the pool and "pop" it from the ground!
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 05:49 AM   #98
Dogmeat

Quote:
This pit IS multipurpose....AND....especially during the summer, it's about 15 degrees cooler than ground level! (I DO have a good a/c unit anyway, so it NEVER gets HOT in my work area above the pit!).
I don't hafta worry 'bout it gettin' water in, as our well is 77 ft. deep, and we live on the highest point in our whole township....[the pit also has a drain in it, which I have ONY put water down it...nuttin' else!]...our whole property is on a downward slope!