Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #29
ss1letx

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
Just get the plate holder from Jacfab cheaper than a ticket and easy to install.

Here are a few pics of one on my 2013.
Attached Images

ss1letx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 01:01 PM   #30
Agk007

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS,1LE,Recaros,NPP
I came up with my own solution to mount the front plate on my 2014 1LE. This wont really work for the 2013 and earlier since the '14 has a place built in to the front to mount a plate. Even then i can't bring myself to drill in it. The pictures are pretty self explanatory and it shouldn't cost much at all to get the supplies from a hardware store. I already had all these supplies so it was free for me.
Attached Images

Agk007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #31
damian559

Drives: 2015 1SS, 1LE, Recaro, NPP
I never put a front license plate on any of my cars.
damian559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #32
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
JacFab ftw
Attached Images

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #33
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
My front plate is still in the passenger seat, rear pocket. Looks the best in there and nobody notices. :-)

Sorry to jump on the thread................
Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #34
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Anyone have better pictures of the 2014 Front Plate factory route? I bought my car in PA where it wasn't needed and I live in New Jersey where they don't joke around about missing plates (EZ pass camera tickets, state police everywhere, local police trying to make money).

Before I go the dealer route, I thought I'd take a look to see what's available other than Jacfab (which seems expensive).
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #35
Cool1LE

Drives: 2014 Blk 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinggone14 View Post
Anyone have better pictures of the 2014 Front Plate factory route? I bought my car in PA where it wasn't needed and I live in New Jersey where they don't joke around about missing plates (EZ pass camera tickets, state police everywhere, local police trying to make money).

Before I go the dealer route, I thought I'd take a look to see what's available other than Jacfab (which seems expensive).
You right about the NJ PD!! Just one more thing about the Jacfab bracket - when you see it in person it just looks like it came with the car, nice use of the lines on the 14's with a slight bend to follow the nose ... there's lots of DYI solutions that cost pennies its just a matter of what you want it to look like
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #36
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
My state only requires it if the plate bracket was already installed. A couple of years ago the ruled that because some out of state cars didnt have them that they will overlook its absence. Unless you have one installed already or it is built in the bumper.
Mark T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:18 PM   #37
77rs

Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
File a police report that someone stole your front plate and bracket Keep in the glovebox! Funny though, there are no holes where in the bumper. Freaking thief, he even stole the mounting holes!
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:10 PM   #38
SD1LE

Drives: 2014 RRM 1SS 1LE
Got pulled over for doing 81 and got off with a fix it ticket for my plate. Tried zip ties and the CHP (California Highway Patrol) wouldn't sign off. The officer said it had to be bolted. I have the factory mount but was under the impression you needed to drill the bumper to install so I made my own bracket. Worked great except when i got home and took it off i realized it had slipped a little and was resting on the bumper which scratched my paint . After getting it fixed the fee was only 25 which is better then the 125 but the money i saved is just going to fixing the paint so it was a wash. Still rocking no front plate.
SD1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 10:29 PM   #39
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Risking the ticket too. I have original certificate of origin from Arkansas where plate is not needed so hope my Missouri Highway Patrolman understands the confusion I am experiencing in St. Louis, MO.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:29 AM   #40
goinggone14

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS / RS
Anyone in a 2014 (at least SS as far as I know) in a Front Plate required state, there are dimples on the lower front fascia (plastic) that are centered.

These dimples would allow for the top of the license plate to sit below the front bumper without touching any paint. It's also very easy to drill into the plastic with the correct size drill bit and some light pressure.

Of course this isn't the best option, however my car will always be in a Front Plate state so I've come to terms with it.
goinggone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:28 PM   #41
BLK1LE

Drives: 2014 Black 1LE SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agk007 View Post
I came up with my own solution to mount the front plate on my 2014 1LE. This wont really work for the 2013 and earlier since the '14 has a place built in to the front to mount a plate. Even then i can't bring myself to drill in it. The pictures are pretty self explanatory and it shouldn't cost much at all to get the supplies from a hardware store. I already had all these supplies so it was free for me.
Nice idea. Looks great!
BLK1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 07:58 AM   #42
roadblock

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1LE View Post
Got pulled over for doing 81 and got off with a fix it ticket for my plate. Tried zip ties and the CHP (California Highway Patrol) wouldn't sign off. The officer said it had to be bolted. I have the factory mount but was under the impression you needed to drill the bumper to install so I made my own bracket. Worked great except when i got home and took it off i realized it had slipped a little and was resting on the bumper which scratched my paint . After getting it fixed the fee was only 25 which is better then the 125 but the money i saved is just going to fixing the paint so it was a wash. Still rocking no front plate.
Pull up the laws regarding the front plate requirements and see if the officer's ticket credible. I had a state patrol write me a fix it ticket regarding the front plate on my '95 B4C car. (the plate was installed but, he did not like it) I pulled up the law and the state statute required it to be conspicuous and vertical. The fix it ticket stated that it was to be on the bumper. When I took it in to the PD the officer would not sign the ticket because of what the state trooper wrote. I had printed the statute from the state DMV site and showed that to the officer. He then signed the ticket. Since cops do not have to obey the laws, they do not always know what they are!!! LOL
roadblock is offline   Reply With Quote