Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 04-25-2014, 02:44 PM   #1
Gelugon

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Vert
67 vert vaule???

I have run across a '67 vert and as the title states I need some help with a fair value to offer.

Its a 327/210HP auto power glide, car numbers matching and it runs. There is some rust, the floor pans appear to be good and original.

The guy that owns it is emotional attached to it because this was his mothers car and she purchased it new. At first he had no intent on selling. After a few visits he knows that he will not be able to do anything with it but watch it rust away, and is now considering selling it, if the price is right. He has given me a figure, but I know its way high. So what do you guys think?

Here are some pics: I hope they upload correctly.

[IMG]20140425_110124 by Gelugon, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20140425_110112 by Gelugon, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20140425_111313 by Gelugon, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20140425_110155 by Gelugon, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20140425_110554 by Gelugon, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20140425_110540 by Gelugon, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20140425_105938 by Gelugon, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20140425_105955 by Gelugon, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]20140425_110017 by Gelugon, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by Gelugon; 04-25-2014 at 09:24 PM. Reason: added more pics
Gelugon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #2
jwcarguy

Drives: Camaro SS
check the trunk pan, shock towers and floor pan thoroughly, could be a huge project if not inspected properly

from the pics, it doesn't appear that bad, but workable ( I have seen much worse, being originally from Buffalo, NY !!)

total restoration of course

I would think in this market, if you can pick it up between $8k-12K (dependent on inspect of rusted panels, engine / drivetrain would be rebuild/ replaced anyways, clear title and any original docs. ??)

that is based, since it appears to be a complete, "running" car with almost zero options, besides it is a original V8 and convertible

Hope this helps, Jeff
jwcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
flyingskibiker

Drives: Cars, Trucks, Bikes, ORVs, Planes
Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker
x2 $8-12k
Old 04-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #4
Gelugon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcarguy View Post
check the trunk pan, shock towers and floor pan thoroughly, could be a huge project if not inspected properly

from the pics, it doesn't appear that bad, but workable ( I have seen much worse, being originally from Buffalo, NY !!)

total restoration of course

I would think in this market, if you can pick it up between $8k-12K (dependent on inspect of rusted panels, engine / drivetrain would be rebuild/ replaced anyways, clear title and any original docs. ??)

that is based, since it appears to be a complete, "running" car with almost zero options, besides it is a original V8 and convertible

Hope this helps, Jeff
The trunk looked okay, the shock towers looked good from the top, I'll need to look at the back floor pans closer, next time I swing by I'll get a better look I was thinking 8k on the lower end,

Old 04-25-2014, 04:10 PM   #5
Stittville Ed

Drives: 2012 Camaro
A red vert is what everyone wants.
You can buy just about any part that you would need to make it perfect or a driver.
Will only be worth more as time goes on.

So you just have to keep after him to settle on a price you can afford.

Buy a Hemmings magazine to see if it can get you closer to a value.

If this gets out he will have a line of people with a lot of cash.
Stittville Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #6
jwcarguy

Gelugon,

you said " He has given me a figure, but I know its way high."
what was the figure??
any where in the "ballpark" or has he watched a episode of a Barrett Jackson auction and now thinks that it is worth $50k ???

Jeff
Old 04-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #7
Gelugon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcarguy View Post
Gelugon,

you said " He has given me a figure, but I know its way high."
what was the figure??
any where in the "ballpark" or has he watched a episode of a Barrett Jackson auction and now thinks that it is worth $50k ???

Jeff
He has mentioned several times in the first meeting that he had been offered 30K twice and turned it down (I think hes blowing smoke there). This was also before when he said he wouldn't sell it. The number he threw out now that he its thinking about it is ....25K... I think he has visited Colorado recently. (like I said before he has an emotional attachment to it)

I never countered because I've already told him that 30K was way off the mark. He knows that I wont pay that much, so we will see what happens next. I just dont want to insult him with a low ball offer in his eyes and then hell decide to keep it.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:25 PM   #8
Gelugon

I updated the 1st picture, I realized that I had two of the same photos up.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:32 PM   #9
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
$8K-$10K would be my limit.its nothing special other than a vert and depending how much work you will do yourself I'm guessing it'll take $25-40K to bring it back. Possibly more if you go Pro-Tour theme or something but either way it'll top out $35-$40K'ish when done. I'm only speaking averages and obviously and over the top build would fetch more. If you go much more than $10Kmthen you'd be better off buying a cleaner one to fix up.

JMHO...

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #10
77rs

Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
[QUOTE=Gelugon;7612785]He has mentioned several times in the first meeting that he had been offered 30K twice and turned it down (I think hes blowing smoke there). This was also before when he said he wouldn't sell it. The number he threw out now that he its thinking about it is ....25K... I think he has visited Colorado recently. (like I said before he has an emotional attachment to it)

I never countered because I've already told him that 30K was way off the mark. He knows that I wont pay that much, so we will see what happens next. I just dont want to insult him with a low ball offer in his eyes and then hell decide to keep it.[/QUO He's crazy!
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:43 AM   #11
jwcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
$8K-$10K would be my limit.its nothing special other than a vert and depending how much work you will do yourself I'm guessing it'll take $25-40K to bring it back. Possibly more if you go Pro-Tour theme or something but either way it'll top out $35-$40K'ish when done. I'm only speaking averages and obviously and over the top build would fetch more. If you go much more than $10Kmthen you'd be better off buying a cleaner one to fix up.

JMHO...

X2

Give him a offer of $8k It may just be a dose of reality for him
I wouldn't worry about insulting him, you think that he is worried about taking more of your hard earned money than what the car is worth?? NO

Since it is a plain jane V8 vert, there are many more options out there as stated before
here are a couple better, more valuable options :

driver:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Ca...US_Cars_Trucks
project car:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Ca...US_Cars_Trucks
Old 04-27-2014, 10:51 AM   #12
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
10K tops, it needs a total resto to be nice
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:46 PM   #13
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Also check eBay for 67's in worse or close to this condition, then look at what a completed car is going for. If he claims to have balked at $30k, I would have told him he should have taken the money and run. Personally I think the 8-10K is high, but I'm a cheap bastard. Unless you're doing the car yourself, you're going to be into this for an additional $25-$40 depending on engine & tranny mods.

It looks like everything is there, but everything needs to be replaced and or reconditioned.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #14
Hannibal

Drives: Camaro SS & ZL1
Maybe it's because I remember these cars when they were new or maybe it's the insanity with the "investment vehicle/reality show" industry. Whatever the case, this is nothing more than a roller. Unless you have the ability to do much of the restoration yourself, you will end up with thousands more into this thing than it's worth.

I know that restoration is part of the fun, but the best money spent is on a car that is already complete.

Just an opinion, like the others.
Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote