#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-13-2023, 03:41 AM   #211
docwra

Drives: 2015 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
You're bragging about how clean your energy is and I'm pointing out that it's so expensive you have people who can't afford to heat their homes.
No, Im pointing out that the energy that most of the rest of the developed world put in electric cars is clean, so this comment (made yesterday, I can see how youd forget):

Quote:
I’ve seen no proof from you or others that EVs have lower carbon footprints than ICE vehicles once the carbon created in manufacturing them and in generating the electricity that powers them is accounted for.
isnt really valid.

You might have missed it but theres this war going on in Ukraine, this is pretty much entirely why our fuel costs are high but again, dont let facts affect what your saying.

Quote:
Iron Jung Jimmy]This may be the most unintentionally funny thing on this board ever
Im British, do you really think the humour was unintentional?
docwra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 04:05 AM   #212
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwra View Post
WTF does that have to do with anything? Changing the subject as clean energy production torpedoes your entire argument?

BTW we also have free healthcare, vacations from work and a social system that doesnt let people starve, but I guess its swings and roundabouts eh?
It’s free alright, except you die waiting for it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...orst-ever.html
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 04:07 AM   #213
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwra View Post
No, Im pointing out that the energy that most of the rest of the developed world put in electric cars is clean, so this comment (made yesterday, I can see how youd forget):

isnt really valid.

You might have missed it but theres this war going on in Ukraine, this is pretty much entirely why our fuel costs are high but again, dont let facts affect what your saying.

Im British, do you really think the humour was unintentional?
Yep, a war with the guy you decided to exclusively depend on for energy. Predictably he cut you off and now your wonderful ‘clean’ energy is in short supply.
Old 01-13-2023, 04:12 AM   #214
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Thanks for the links. Some interesting stuff there. Seems to be along the fringes and I sure as hell hope it stays on the fringes. Haven’t posted back in a while because I’ve been really tied up at CES, as well as CES related write ups.

Not sure what to make of the gas appliance thing. That seems to have sprang up out of nowhere in a matter of days.
The entire state of NY is a fringe?

https://nypost.com/2023/01/11/hochul...fuels-outrage/
Old 01-13-2023, 04:19 AM   #215
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Gotta love the Greens.

"Nobody is trying to take your ICE vehicles away" except the state with the largest population in the country is banning them.

"We have the cleanest energy, it's 99% clean" except you have tens of thousands of people going to warm banks because they can't afford to heat their homes anymore.

"We have 'free' health care," except you die waiting in line to get it.

"I never heard of Greens being opposed to natural gas" except the Sierra Club, the Federal Government, the States of NY and California, and you know, 99.9% of Greens want to ban it, right down to banning ALL natural gas appliances.

Greens take 'gaslighting' to such an extreme we have to come up with a new name for it. I call it bald faced lying.
Old 01-13-2023, 07:30 AM   #216
ChevyRules

Drives: 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Back to electric vehicles and not politics……

Tesla just slashed their prices. Model Y went from $67,000 to $53,000. Model 3 saw a $7,000 cut.

Or does this belong in the Tesla going out of business thread?
ChevyRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 07:48 AM   #217
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
They can fit material from the tailgate to the frunk. 18’ total with the tailgate up.
Wow!
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 08:18 AM   #218
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
Gotta love the Greens.

"Nobody is trying to take your ICE vehicles away" except the state with the largest population in the country is banning them.
For the sake of clarity, nobody is “taking [sic] your ICE vehicles away”. They are telling you now that 12 years from now you won’t be able to buy a new ICE in several specific states. Some would say that is a natural extension of state’s rights. If you already own an ICE, you can keep it and keep driving it. If you wait until December 31, 2034 you can still buy one. After that you can still buy a used one. You can probably also buy a new one in a state that doesn’t have the restrictions. And if you don’t live in one of the handful of states that are instituting ICE bans 12 years from now, nothing changes, except the portfolio of vehicles you will have to choose from.

That’s because the biggest issue come 2035 is that there is a growing number of brands and companies who are saying they have no intention to make any more ICE. Some would say that is an extension of individual / corporate rights.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 08:43 AM   #219

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
Back to electric vehicles and not politics……

Tesla just slashed their prices. Model Y went from $67,000 to $53,000. Model 3 saw a $7,000 cut.

Or does this belong in the Tesla going out of business thread?
Good call!....Maybe this puts more Teslas into the eligible tax credit column?

The CES also had this from Stelantis....https://insideevs.com/news/630306/fa...state-battery/

Things like this newer, better, cheaper(?) battery is why I would wait for the second round of EV technology before thinking about getting in.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 08:55 AM   #220
ChevyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Good call!....Maybe this puts more Teslas into the eligible tax credit column?
The price cut does exactly that. Now all Model 3 and Y's qualify for the tax credit.

Where before only the Model 3 RWD and Model Y 7 seater and Performance qualified. But a $7,000-$14,000 price cut is still quite a steep cut. But if this is the first cracks in the market where pricing starts to return to normal, I will take it.
Old 01-13-2023, 10:42 AM   #221
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
For the sake of clarity, nobody is “taking [sic] your ICE vehicles away”. They are telling you now that 12 years from now you won’t be able to buy a new ICE in several specific states. Some would say that is a natural extension of state’s rights.
I suppose one person's natural extension of state's rights is another person's authoritarian overreach.

Quote:
That’s because the biggest issue come 2035 is that there is a growing number of brands and companies who are saying they have no intention to make any more ICE. Some would say that is an extension of individual / corporate rights.
That I agree with.

But they are only doing it because they see where government policy is driving the market.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 10:56 AM   #222
ChevyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post

But they are only doing it because they see where government policy is driving the market.
And yet most of the automakers making the move did this before 2020...... At a time government was loosening CAFE regulations.....
Old 01-13-2023, 11:16 AM   #223
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRules View Post
And yet most of the automakers making the move did this before 2020...... At a time government was loosening CAFE regulations.....
True.

And that was to try to get a piece of the Tesla market... which was a good idea.

But the "all in" mindset has been a more recent thing and, I believe, a response to the idea that ICE will inevitably be legislated out of existence.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 11:26 AM   #224
ChevyRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
True.

And that was to try to get a piece of the Tesla market... which was a good idea.

But the "all in" mindset has been a more recent thing and, I believe, a response to the idea that ICE will inevitably be legislated out of existence.
GM went all in before 2020......