Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-28-2014, 08:00 PM   #15
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
No offense here but you bought a camaro and dont race it a little? Just a little pull wouldnt have been bad if there wasnt much traffic of course (i agree 100% with you that good old street racing 1/4 mile or more is dangerous these days) . The caddy would have wiped you hard assuming it was a cts-v, the mustang who knows. Seen plenty of 4.6l built with 700 hp. Never underestimate older cars. Also you own a camaro which is the mortal enemy to the mustang crowd, so you are more than likely going to get challenged alot.
Nah I dont street race. In my younger days yes, I street raced everyone and got chased weekly by cops but now Im older could care less. I know what my SS will do and thats good enough for me. Neither of those 4.6's had anything for me I could hear their engines and they seemed stock unless they were rolling with nitrous or some crap and that dude in the Caddy was just a prick, the speed limit on the road we were on was 50mph, he finally took off running at least 80-90 mph and I dont see how he kept from getting a ticket..
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:00 PM   #16
flyinlow89
Smoke Alotapotomous

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Guys. Not all CTSV's are supercharged. 04-05 were 5.7 LS6. And 06-07 was 6.0 LS2. They weren't supercharged until 09+. That being said he 04-07 were still 400hp and they have a 3.73 gear. So it would be a drivers race.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:00 PM   #17
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewatkins3 View Post
Here is one for you, I'm in the right hand turning lane of an off ramp, sitting at a red light, turning left. In the left turning lane is a newer black Gallant, with a young dude driving. I took off not racing that POS, but he floored it. Next thing I know, he can't hold his lane, and if I didn't half drive off the road, he would have hit me, as in side swipe!!!!! We came to the light under the overpass, I rolled my window down and asked him WTF is wrong with you a couple of times! You want to race somebody, then hold your lane, hold your lane, you could have wrecked us! All he could say is 'I'm sorry sir, I'm sorry sir...Thank goodness this car has some great steering, it saved me!
I bet the dude in the Galant wasnt over 20yrs old was he?
Old 05-28-2014, 08:01 PM   #18
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Speaking of CTS-V, I have seen a couple of them in the last week and both times, older/mature ladies were driving them! They were both automatic, not sure of the years, but the car looked awesome!
This dude was young driving this caddy, must have been his daddy's caddy, they look nice but like the Camaro IMO.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:10 PM   #19
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
Twice in the past week ive been challenged by 2 separate Mustang GT's from like 2000-2004 models, wanting to street race, riding my bumper, getting in front me and slowing down, riding next to me trying to get a reaction out of me and I pretty much just look at them and keep on driving and then finally they will floor it and take off and they are pretty much younger dudes who like to stare and pretty much piss me off.

Dont they know they cant run with a SS? Do they think they have a 5.0 hidden inside of their Mustang?

2nd problem was today coming back from Wally Mart some dude in a black Cadillac CTS which had some sort of flags on the fenders riding right next to me gunning his motor, speeding up, slowing down trying to get a race outta me and when it didnt happen after about 1/4 of driving he also floors it and takes off going way over the speed limit...

What the hell is wrong with these guys? Does the Camaro SS have a bad reputation for being slow or do they all wanna go to jail for street racing?
Hate to say it to ya, but it's Florida. That's what's causing it. Move up here in the Midwest and you will rarely get that.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:23 PM   #20
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
on the cts, did the flag look like this?

if so, that car will smoke a SS
Depends on the year, my buddies 05 cts-v has the same engine as his Z06, an LS6. The supercharger came out in 2009, I couldn't tell you the differences in appearance but all have the same badging.

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:25 PM   #21
Kill3mall

Drives: Black on Black 2011 Camaro2SS/RS
Living in socal I get dudes trying to race me all the time. Civics, Mustangs, Scions, Evos, Subarus... even random passenger cars too! Honestly happens like almost once a day. I usually don't race since it happens to so often but given the right situation I might show these fools whats up!
Kill3mall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 08:27 PM   #22
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
Depends on the year, my buddies 05 cts-v has the same engine as his Z06, an LS6. The supercharger came out in 2009, I couldn't tell you the differences in appearance but all have the same badging.
true, I didn't think about that. would be a close race then, without the supercharger.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:50 PM   #23
Muscle Car Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
true, I didn't think about that. would be a close race then, without the supercharger.
Ahh, im not worried either way I didnt run neither of them...
Old 05-28-2014, 09:14 PM   #24
SteelCamaro

Drives: 2012 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
that CTS-V is a sleeper(supercharged)..had a Subaru Legacy sedan fart(popping noises) on my C6(let him pass, 2 going into 1 lane.)..idiots.
Don't sleep on Legacys...mid to late 00s Legacy GT is just as fast as an STi, which is just as fast as a base C6 and a Gen5 SS.

Last edited by SteelCamaro; 05-28-2014 at 09:25 PM.
SteelCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #25
flyinlow89
Smoke Alotapotomous

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
...not sure if serious?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-29-2014, 06:07 AM   #26
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Raise hand, extend middle finger. Works for me
Chris JFTR if you're ever out west, specifically Arizona, I'd advise against that, unless you like being shot at. They take that VERY seriously out there. Maybe it's the heat...
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:31 AM   #27
Mamooth

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCamaro View Post
Don't sleep on Legacys...mid to late 00s Legacy GT is just as fast as an STi, which is just as fast as a base C6 and a Gen5 SS.

Uh... In stock form? No. No, sir you're wrong. They don't handle or accelerate like an STi.

Now, I have a friend with a highly modded Legacy GT and have had many laughs when he obliterated some smack talking guys but come on.
Mamooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 06:52 AM   #28
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
2nd problem was today coming back from Wally Mart some dude in a black Cadillac CTS which had some sort of flags on the fenders...
I don't condone street racing. If you want to learn more about the greatest sport sedan/wagon GM has ever built, check these out.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...trumented-test
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-revi...010-jaguar-xfr
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...sv_comparison/
http://www.edmunds.com/cadillac/cts-...ison-test.html

Quote:
Speaking of CTS-V, I have seen a couple of them in the last week and both times, older/mature ladies were driving them! They were both automatic, not sure of the years, but the car looked awesome!
Hey, hey now. My wife sometimes drive's the Caddy but she's 32 and hottt

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote