Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2017 Camaro Fest (VII)

Phastek Performance

Old 06-09-2017, 01:03 PM   #99
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksynergy View Post
Is there any chance we can autocross every session? If not, why not? There are some autocross only cars that are willing to come to the event if they can race in every session.
It is possible, but dependent on the number of participants. If we have 50 cars / drivers you will wear out your tires before you run out of session time :-)

If we have 250 cars / drivers it is a different deal all together.

Note: yes we understand that multiple sessions could give an edge to a driver. We do our best to accommodate the needs of our guests as well as overall fairness in competition. If I describe our priorities it may help you understand our decisions.

1. Safety
2. Safety
3. Safety
4. Safety
5. Safety
6. Fun
7. CamaroFEST Camaraderie
8. Fun
9. Get Camaro owners interested and motivated to autocross and road course
10 Competition

Mike, Joe and the CamaroCross TEAM, did i get this right?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:12 PM   #100
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
It is possible, but dependent on the number of participants. If we have 50 cars / drivers you will wear out your tires before you run out of session time :-)

If we have 250 cars / drivers it is a different deal all together.

Note: yes we understand that multiple sessions could give an edge to a driver. We do our best to accommodate the needs of our guests as well as overall fairness in competition. If I describe our priorities it may help you understand our decisions.

1. Safety
2. Safety
3. Safety
4. Safety
5. Safety
6. Fun
7. CamaroFEST Camaraderie
8. Fun
9. Get Camaro owners interested and motivated to autocross and road course
10 Competition

Mike, Joe and the CamaroCross TEAM, did i get this right?
Understand. Asking as there is a heavy pro touring Camaro group that would like to participate with no interest in the show aspect. Maybe as exhibition racers to keep people interested and wanting to participate. Folks such as those that run GoodGuys, NSRA events, Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car, Cars and Cones etc.. Let me know your thoughts. They are wanting to be part, but the $$ have to make sense to run more than one heat. Thanks.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 01:35 PM   #101
JusticePete

Quote:
Understand. Asking as there is a heavy pro touring Camaro group that would like to participate with no interest in the show aspect. Maybe as exhibition racers to keep people interested and wanting to participate. Folks such as those that run GoodGuys, NSRA events, Optima Search for the Ultimate Street Car, Cars and Cones etc.. Let me know your thoughts. They are wanting to be part, but the $$ have to make sense to run more than one heat. Thanks.
Those are typically highly modified vehicles that would be comparable to shop cars. Maybe we roll them into that group?

The runs have gotten smoother over the years as more of our participants have at least some experience in the sport. Think of it this way. You go to a SCCA AC and 90% of the participants are veterans and know what to do. Our first few CamaroCross events were 10% knew what to do. Everything takes longer. We allowed only one car on course, cones went down in volume... you get the idea. We grew into this as the CamaroCross TEAM too.

We have a meeting next week. Can you get me a head count?
Old 06-09-2017, 01:40 PM   #102
jksynergy

Quote:
Those are typically highly modified vehicles that would be comparable to shop cars. Maybe we roll them into that group?

The runs have gotten smoother over the years as more of our participants have at least some experience in the sport. Think of it this way. You go to a SCCA AC and 90% of the participants are veterans and know what to do. Our first few CamaroCross events were 10% knew what to do. Everything takes longer. We allowed only one car on course, cones went down in volume... you get the idea. We grew into this as the CamaroCross TEAM too.

We have a meeting next week. Can you get me a head count?
Guess I have a shop car then too as I run the USCA events. have been at GoodGuys etc. I'll work on a count and let you know.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Old 06-09-2017, 01:45 PM   #103
JusticePete

Quote:
Guess I have a shop car then too as I run the USCA events. have been at GoodGuys etc.
Not necessarily. Ken has a 'shop car' while many others running OUSCI have modified cars.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:52 PM   #104
jksynergy

Quote:
Not necessarily. Ken has a 'shop car' while many others running OUSCI have modified cars.
That it may be. But it may be good to have cars like Ken's, ours, a group of first gens etc there so people see the possibilities. Some folks will never see these cars in person and to see a first gen whoop up on some late model stuff draws a pretty good crowd. just a thought

Old 06-09-2017, 01:59 PM   #105
jksynergy

Regarding the head count. Thinking right now 5-8 cars. Trying to see who is close by and able to make it. Keep the idea alive if possible. It's a great marketing tool for parts too. Just sayin.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:59 PM   #106
JusticePete

Quote:
That it may be. But it may be good to have cars like Ken's, ours, a group of first gens etc there so people see the possibilities. Some folks will never see these cars in person and to see a first gen whoop up on some late model stuff draws a pretty good crowd. just a thought
The question is will a new ZLE whoop up on everything?
Old 06-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #107
jksynergy

Quote:
The question is will a new ZLE whoop up on everything?
Depends who is behind the wheel. Just cause you have it don't mean you know how to use it. You've seen the Mustang videos.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:01 PM   #108
JusticePete

Quote:
Regarding the head count. Thinking right now 5-8 cars. Trying to see who is close by and able to make it. Keep the idea alive if possible. It's a great marketing tool for parts too. Just sayin.
Sounds good to me. We will discuss how we handle this in our meeting and post back here. Cool?
Old 06-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #109
jksynergy

Quote:
Sounds good to me. We will discuss how we handle this in our meeting and post back here. Cool?
Good with me. Thank you.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:02 PM   #110
JusticePete

Quote:
Depends who is behind the wheel. Just cause you have it don't mean you know how to use it. You've seen the Mustang videos.
Whatever do you mean
Old 06-09-2017, 03:17 PM   #111
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Question about numbers. Think I read somewhere about stickers or something being pasted to the windows or doors.
Would these be ok?

They're magnetic I had made a year or so ago for autocross.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:24 PM   #112
JusticePete

We will be providing vinyl numbers for each car that are tied to the registration number assigned online.