Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Thread Closed

Old 04-05-2016, 02:08 AM   #57
Luis19SS

Drives: 2019 SS A10
I would be so pissed off if I was paying for a 50k car that had paint issues and GM wouldnt cover it if they repainted it agian. It shouldnt have had problems coming out of the factory with the paint in the first place. The least they could do is have them take it to a shop of YOUR liking, a good shop with quality work, then having them be cheap. Even then I still think its B.S. for your paint warranty to be terminated after it gets repainted when it was their fault.
Black 2019 SS A10, MBRP Exhuast, Soler performance Ported Throttlebody, Cold Air Inductions CAI, BMR equipped, Stance SFO7 on nitto NT555G2 tires, Limited Edition White Racing Seats, ZL1 1LE Splitter, Carbon Sideskirts, Gorilla Splitters areo kit, Next Gen Speed Diffuser, JWmotorsports LED side markers

Old 04-05-2016, 03:13 AM   #58
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
A lot easier for others to say, "Suck it up.", when they don't have to deal w/ it...pathetic.
Regardless if it's $10K or $100K car, shouldn't have to worry about buying new(that's what a new bumper to bumper warranty's for).
It's a manufacturer defect(on top of the added special paint price-that you didn't get, entirely). OP, have them fix it your satisfaction. Remember, it's always the bad publicity that drives away 'potential' customers.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:29 AM   #59
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
If a customer wouldn't buy the car off of the lot in that condition and they're try to shove it down the buyers throat with a fix that voids the paint warranty that was included and paid for with the vehicle, there are at least damages that can be recovered. The consumer has been defrauded plain and simple.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:09 AM   #60
sschons74

Drives: 16 Camaro 1SS & 82 Silverado C10
I was looking carefully when I picked mine up after ordering. But it wasn't until I got it home and washed it a few times did I realize I have some small paint issues too. Inside my doors where it meets the quarters is only lightly covered, you can see a lighter gray under, and the outside of passenger door has some white spots, like there was something on the primer when the paint went on and it didn't take. I do recommend others take as long as you need to perform your own inspection before accepting delivery. I took about 30 minutes and I still didn't catch everything, it's tough when you're excited to get your new ride.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:32 AM   #61

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
Bravo!! Standing ovation for you Sir!!
Thanks/ I have never replied to a thread like this, I tend to stay out of it, but these issues are unacceptable and I really feel like you and others that are having this problem should have all the support in the world from EVERYONE that is posting on a CAR FORUM.

Let me ask you this (even though I have a feeling I know the answer)...

If the dealership told you when the car arrived that it had the paint issue, and the offered you a choice,

A) Repaint the car and give you some money off the price.
B) Order you a new one but it would have to be a different color, but you would have to wait 8-10 weeks.
C) Give you a FULL refund, and let you decide if you still wanted to order the same color but they could not guarantee that the paint would be any better.

I have a feeling that you would choose B. The point ALOT of people are missing is this. You went in and spent your money on a NEW car. This is not a used car, where you should expect issues.

It doesn't matter if it is a 1st year production car, the majority of people have had minor issues that once fixed will not cause the stress that this has put on you. There have been seat issues, make appointment with dealer, get seat fixed. Problems with radio, make appointment with dealer, get it fixed, BRUTAL paint issues, not so easy.

I would love to hear 1 PERSON, again, 1 PERSON say they would be o.k with finding out after they bought a NEW CAR, that it was damaged before they took delivery, repaired, but still did not find out until later. How many people would not feel deceived? How many people would not go straight back to dealership and complain?

The point of all of this is simple. Don't blame people for taking delivery and finding out there is an issue later. It should be the dealerships job to go over the car with a fine tooth comb and if there is any issue, let the buyer know, and go from there. The dealer is the middle guy in this. You can't order a car straight from GM and pick it up from GM.

This is the problem with big companies. They just don't care. If this was happening to thousands of people, a recall notice would be issued, it would be in the media, etc. If this was a small company where this kind of bad customer service WOULD kill the business, the owner would do EVERYTHING possible to make you happy.

To think NONE of this would have happened if GM took the car back. Yeah, you have nothing better to do then make calls, post on message boards, and have regrets about purchasing an expensive car (sarcasm).

I really hope this gets fixed and you get what you paid for. This car is my dream car. I hope you get to enjoy yours without having a sick feeling every time you look and drive it, shit happens, nothing and nobody is perfect, but to make you and others regret buying a car because of customer service is wrong.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:33 AM   #62
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by sschons74 View Post
I was looking carefully when I picked mine up after ordering. But it wasn't until I got it home and washed it a few times did I realize I have some small paint issues too. Inside my doors where it meets the quarters is only lightly covered, you can see a lighter gray under, and the outside of passenger door has some white spots, like there was something on the primer when the paint went on and it didn't take. I do recommend others take as long as you need to perform your own inspection before accepting delivery. I took about 30 minutes and I still didn't catch everything, it's tough when you're excited to get your new ride.
What people in this thread aren't getting is that you shouldn't have to spend hours climbing all over a brand new car to make sure everything is as it should be. That is what a QC department 's job is supposed to be. Everytime one of these cars make it to a customer's hands it means that several people at the manufacturer are either incompetent, lazy, just don't care or some combination of the three. None of which is acceptable and the manufacturer should be held accountable.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:58 AM   #63
sschons74

Drives: 16 Camaro 1SS & 82 Silverado C10
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
What people in this thread aren't getting is that you shouldn't have to spend hours climbing all over a brand new car to make sure everything is as it should be. That is what a QC department 's job is supposed to be. Everytime one of these cars make it to a customer's hands it means that several people at the manufacturer are either incompetent, lazy, just don't care or some combination of the three. None of which is acceptable and the manufacturer should be held accountable.
Good point, but I'm always watching out for myself. I don't assume it will always be taken care of. If I had seen some major defects, I would have refused delivery. For some peoples issues I've read, GM should be taking care of them properly. I'm diehard Chevy, and I can still say GM has room for improvement. Although GM could be OK, maybe it's just some of their dealerships need tightening up.

Last edited by sschons74; 04-05-2016 at 05:09 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:22 AM   #64
Marine Corps

Drives: 2016 2SS Garnet Red Camaro
I'll bet that if this issue went to court and after learning all the facts regarding the dealership's willingness to repaint your car the judge would likely rule in the dealership's favor. The judge would also likely mandate that the dealership provide a warranty for the repaint. However, lawyers can be expensive and more than likely you would be the one paying his/her fees.
Added Procharger supercharger.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:37 AM   #65
vet757

Drives: ^^^This
That sucks OP, I cant imagine waiting and spending $50k of your hard earned money on a brand new dream car and being disappointed like this. I really hope GM gets off their ass make this right for you.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:24 AM   #66
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
IMHO decline the offer and get a lawyer it's a new car you should not have to accept half a$$ paint will GM accept half A$$ payment. Answer NO so why should you and every single person who is not standing behind this OP is not in his shoes and if you were you would be in his place right now.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:37 AM   #67
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
This is sad to read, and exactly the type of thing that makes me hesitant to buy the car.

I would accept a repaint if (1) it came with a warranty, and (2) if some sort of compensation arrangement was made for the loss in value of the car due to the repaint.

There has to be a way for GM to take this car back and repaint it without destroying the value of the car. I know its not really what they do, but they may want to look into it, considering that there are a few cars on here that were not fully painted. That likely means there are many more that are on lots or belong to people not on these forums. Any time GM has a production line problem, it likely affects hundreds or thousands of cars.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:48 AM   #68
HyperM3

Drives: 2017 Audi A4
I'm starting to wonder if it's just a certain color that had been proving to be bad, or if it's just random across the board.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:10 AM   #69
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
DO NOT allow the Dealership to Paint your car and void the Paint Warranty!

I'm sorry, but this has been covered before...If the car is going to be repainted, then you should have the choice of where it goes.
MOST DEALERSHIPS have either guys working their way up in the Painting/Bodywork profession, or working their way down!
Most "Professional" Painters are making $$ at Shops and not dealerships. Dealership paint jobs are OK, for those who care little about paint...sorry, but that's the business!
Old 04-05-2016, 07:54 AM   #70
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
What was the other GM product you had problems with. I have changed my mind about you having the car repainted. I think getting a lawyer might be the right direction as of now. If the repaint came with a warranty that could be an option, no warranty is just a shitty way for them to treat you and get you out of their hair for a while.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff

Closed Thread