Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 04-04-2016, 01:01 PM   #15
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor142 View Post
Lets not blame the buyer, GM fanboys. This guy bought a brand new car from a legit dealership. The dealer and the manufacturer need to make this right. Thats what a warranty is for. So you don't have to drag the car around for inspections and second opinions on it's condition. You just drive it off the lot and if something is defective it gets taken care of. Otherwise why buy a brand new car.

Get a lawyer OP. This is in no way your fault.
Please screaming lawyer is the fix. LOL
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:03 PM   #16
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
Please screaming lawyer is the fix. LOL
Try some punctuation.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:09 PM   #17
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
I dont believe a buyer should have to go over a brand new car with a fine toothed comb.

Sucks to hear that OP, lawyer up

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Old 04-04-2016, 01:10 PM   #18
oldman

try reasonable, 2nd new car in a few weeks and now one needs a lawyer. Yep that fixes everything.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:14 PM   #19
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
I dont believe a buyer should have to go over a brand new car with a fine toothed comb.

Sucks to hear that OP, lawyer up
sure, sounds like the dealer is willing to repaint, you think production cars are not repainted. My dent guys primary business is fixing new cars because of the inevitable snafu. He does about 5 new cars a day. Please this a few weeks, and who knows how big or small this problem is. The guy did not see it when he picked it up right? so it ain't like is some huge problem. I don't get the part about paint warranty, but I don't think the OP is completely upfront with the issue. Once again small repaints are an everyday occurrence. Done correctly there will be no issues warranty or otherwise.

OP post a picture.

Never mind, I saw it looks bad, still don't get the dealer won't warranty the repaint. You better elaborate.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:36 PM   #20
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Why is everyone saying he should have inspected the car the average person wouldn't even know what to look for. Bottom line if your buying a 40-50k car brand new from a dealer you shouldn't have to inspect it. Thats the dealers job and they should make this right.

Sorry about this hope you get it worked out, contacting a lawyer isn't such a bad idea.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Old 04-04-2016, 02:04 PM   #21
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
Quote:
try reasonable, 2nd new car in a few weeks and now one needs a lawyer. Yep that fixes everything.
No I bought a 15 high country duramax last year and it was at the dealership regular and over 5 figures in repairs with only 8k miles on it lost my A#s on trading in on a 16 Camaro and here I am with a not fully painted car and they won't make it right? .
one of my goals is to make sure this doesn't happen to someone else , like others have said , you shouldn't have to go through a brand new vehicle like your buy from a 2bit used car dealer , But everyone should because chevrolet isn't , also isn't standing by the problem with their product and taking care of the customer like they should
Old 04-04-2016, 02:09 PM   #22
tsincaat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
It's clear you certainly should inspect the car, and preferably in ideal conditions where you'll be able to clearly see issues.

That said, in a perfect world you wouldn't need to inspect a new car with a fine-tooth comb, that's what quality control at GM is supposed to take care of, and second, your dealership themselves.

There is no doubt many people don't do this, in part likely because they have an expectation that there won't be any real issues with the car by the time it's sitting on the lot waiting for you to drive it away. If you aren't the kind of person who frequents forums like these, you're probably not aware of how bad a new car out of the factory can be, I can say I certainly wasn't prior to reading the threads here in the last months.

Talking to a lawyer isn't going to hurt, they can tell you pretty easily if you have a decent case or not and you'll hopefully know one way or another.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:10 PM   #23
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
If they will not fix it and deny warranty, they are in breach of implied warranty and can be sued in court for it. Send or call your states attorney general and get them involved.
"Green Flash"
Old 04-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #24
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
please it is a stretch to say this is a 50K car, and Tesla without government support and rebates would be out of business and I'm sorry I can't afford a 100K car. With 2K insurance and on a good day a 240 mile range before I have to plug it in overnight. Sorry give me a dinosaur.
GM also would have been out of business if not for Government Support, I don't see 50k as a stretch. Should he have said $47,599.03 rounding up is usual
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:23 PM   #25
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
all cars have problems, we don't know how bad this paint problem is, we do know there are OCD people. Me I had cars like forged piston Z/28s, slight pop from the rear? Are you kidding me? I put the optional chambred exhaust on, all radio listening and talking stopped at that point cause it was useless. But I understand, a 50K 2ss driver probably thinks this is a BMW coupe. I owned two of those also a 2000 CS and a 2800 CS both cost more than double my Z/28 maybe even more. A down payment on a nice home for sure.
It's your line of thinking that allows for manufacturers to keep charging 50k for supar vehicles and to use the consumer for their own R&D department. Look around the fourm a little. The paint issues on the gen6 cars are very well documented, and this is just one little spec on the internet.

I can't believe how many people don't think 50k is a lot of money these days. If I thought the same way that folks on here do, my buisness would have failed 25 years ago.

Why do people always reference BMW's as the gold standard to compare to anyhow? That is a subpar vehicle that even dumper rich people buy just as a status symbol. Their intial quality for 2015 was only one mark above Chevy, and their dependability is way down the scale only one mark above average which is far lower than Chevy. That just proofs that some folks with money are willing to waste it for a status symbol. If these people liked their money more than how they look to everyone, they woukd hold BMW to a higher standard in exchange for the premium price or not be a buyer. That is the only way this crap will end.

I applaud folks like the OP that know 50k is a lot of money, and it should demand a certain minimum quality that isn't happening with the gen6 car. Keep up the fight OP. Make them make it right.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #26
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
It's your line of thinking that allows for manufacturers to keep charging 50k for supar vehicles and to use the consumer for their own R&D department. Look around the fourm a little. The paint issues on the gen6 cars are very well documented, and this is just one little spec on the internet.

I can't believe how many people don't think 50k is a lot of money these days. If I thought the same way that folks on here do, my buisness would have failed 25 years ago.

Why do people always reference BMW's as the gold standard to compare to anyhow? That is a subpar vehicle that even dumper rich people buy just as a status symbol. Their intial quality for 2015 was only one mark above Chevy, and their dependability is way down the scale only one mark above average which is far lower than Chevy. That just proofs that some folks with money are willing to waste it for a status symbol. If these people liked their money more than how they look to everyone, they woukd hold BMW to a higher standard in exchange for the premium price or not be a buyer. That is the only way this crap will end.

I applaud folks like the OP that know 50k is a lot of money, and it should demand a certain minimum quality that isn't happening with the gen6 car. Keep up the fight OP. Make them make it right.
+1

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Old 04-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #27
Karma81

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
all cars have problems, we don't know how bad this paint problem is, we do know there are OCD people. Me I had cars like forged piston Z/28s, slight pop from the rear? Are you kidding me? I put the optional chambred exhaust on, all radio listening and talking stopped at that point cause it was useless. But I understand, a 50K 2ss driver probably thinks this is a BMW coupe. I owned two of those also a 2000 CS and a 2800 CS both cost more than double my Z/28 maybe even more. A down payment on a nice home for sure.
Dude, You make absolutely Zero sense?
We get it, you've got tons of money into your cars but what the hell does this have to do with the problem? And I dont give a rats ass if its a BMW or Hyundai The manufacturer should step up and take care of their customer!
Old 04-04-2016, 03:39 PM   #28
maraging

Drives: 15 1ss 1le
Quote:
wut

Closed Thread