Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Thread Closed

Old 04-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #141
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Why is that?
Because CLEARLY!!! that car in the background is not painted Hyper Blue. Fools!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 04-10-2016, 11:57 AM   #142
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
Quote:
Spoilers, front and rear fascias, door handles, OSRV mirrors are all painted by the supplier. GM basically paints the body only.

This is a difficult one as a modern paint shop in an automobile plant is probably the most automated process in the plant. Humans do very little as far as painting the car. Robots open and close the doors.

That being said, there is inspection that should catch a bad paint job. There can be problems as most plants do also have a paint repair process and that is much more manual than the original paint job.

Further, OP, this is the same paint shop that paints Cadillacs, so GM may or may not be looking at your issue from the customer perspective. They have a ton of data on the performance of that paint shop and customer complaints.

Some of this seems to be the dealer. A good dealer will work with you and GM to get issues resolved. I've had service managers reach out on my behalf. You've said what GM is willing to do, but have you heard this directly from GM or just your dealer telling you what GM is willing to do?

Hopefully now that Chevrolet customer service is involved you will get some response through GM and not you dealer. I've had good luck with this in the past.

Hope this gets resolved to your satisfaction.
As I mentioned my dealer was great. Then GM turned around and screwed them. If what your saying is true maybe we should get word out to all the Mosaic Black Camaro owners on exactly what to look for and how to check for it. That way GM will have correct data. I can promise you the complaints on these cars are going to be trickling in over the next 6-12 months. It's going to take some time before these dealers see the paint in the right light. Honestly I'm kicking myself for not changing colors. While the paint on this car is so much better than the first one there are still spots missing paint. Accepting this car is 100% on me. I just love the color so much, but now I'm wishing I would have gone with Nightfall Gray. I may go to the dealership tomorrow and see if I can work out a trade. Since the car would be almost 1000.00 less maybe if I kick in another thousand it might work out better for both of us.
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
Old 04-10-2016, 01:47 PM   #143
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Not really. It's not clear what those people are doing, who they are or if they are even involved in plant quality whatsoever. So I wasn't sure how that picture has anything to do with LGR and their ability to build a quality product.
That came out last year when pics of the new hires at Lansing were being trained on the Fisher Price toys how to build the new Camaro. Anyone who shows up to any workplace wearing pajama pants is a non-starter to me. They should have told him to turn around and go home. Instead, that pic and that "How It's Made" episode where the line worker's attire was hotly contested in another thread, let's just say these aren't America's finest building your Camaros.

I'be been waiting to order mine because of the problems. The more I see and the more people I hear defend them, erodes my faith in this car and GM just a little everyday.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:38 PM   #144
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
I've had 4 68 to 70 novas, my favorite Nova years. I prostreet 383 stroker, 1 stock, 1 modded and my 68 drag car that was just really fast
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
Old 04-10-2016, 04:23 PM   #145
camaro1&6

Drives: 67camaro 69Nova C6
Quote:
I'm just not sure how anyone claims the "repair" (repainting your car) voids your warranty. My bigger concern with that would be does that void just the paint? Or are they going further and voiding your 3 year cosmetic, 6 year rust through warranty? At least those were the years I recall.

That is what really isn't making sense to me.

You could also have GM let you go to another dealer if you have doubts. Is there another close by?
Well I just found out yesterday the my car has a recall for the oil pick up and I'm definitely not taking back to my purchasing dealer, so I'm going to show the paint to the dealer I plan on going to , yes there is a few different dealers I can go to , in fact the only reason I went to Heinrich Chevrolet in Lockport was because I have a long time friend that became a salesman and was trying to do him a favor other wise I would have never went there . They have just said they won't warranty anything that gets painted
Old 04-10-2016, 04:30 PM   #146
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
As I mentioned my dealer was great. Then GM turned around and screwed them. If what your saying is true maybe we should get word out to all the Mosaic Black Camaro owners on exactly what to look for and how to check for it. That way GM will have correct data. I can promise you the complaints on these cars are going to be trickling in over the next 6-12 months. It's going to take some time before these dealers see the paint in the right light. Honestly I'm kicking myself for not changing colors. While the paint on this car is so much better than the first one there are still spots missing paint. Accepting this car is 100% on me. I just love the color so much, but now I'm wishing I would have gone with Nightfall Gray. I may go to the dealership tomorrow and see if I can work out a trade. Since the car would be almost 1000.00 less maybe if I kick in another thousand it might work out better for both of us.
I do believe that someone else has said this but we paid for a premium color and they couldn't even make sure it was right !!. I'm sure that there are a lot of mosiac black cars that have the same issues and they don't even know it , it's such a shame because your right the color where its good on my car is awesome and looks amazing in the light.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:45 PM   #147
camaro1&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Probably the kid in his pajamas got the Paint QC job....

Attachment 787695
I don't doubt it , I LMAO when I seen "How it's made Dream cars" on the camaro when they show the quality control after the paint shop, I mean really I just don't get it !!
Old 04-10-2016, 05:13 PM   #148
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
I don't doubt it , I LMAO when I seen "How it's made Dream cars" on the camaro when they show the quality control after the paint shop, I mean really I just don't get it !!
And there are some on this very forum who defend the slovenly appearance by these people building $40k+ cars.

GM really needs to be held to an unconscionably high standard by the general public and its customers now that they've gone through bankruptcy and used taxpayer money to do so.

There were A LOT of people who said "f 'em" when Rick Wagoner begged the American people for money. Me personally, I was exactly on both sides of the fence. On one hand, yes they were far too big to let fail and if we did it would have driven the American economy further into recession/depression. Especially knowing all the suppliers would have died too, which would have hurt a lot of other car companies because they all share a lot of components from the same suppliers.

But on the other hand, GM caused most of their problems that led to the bankruptcy themselves, and poor paint work on these new Camaros and GM/dealer refusing to make it right with the customer is EXACTLY what was going on in the dark old days at GM.

People in high places at GM are hopefully reading this and understand we do not have short term memory loss.

I am the type of customer GM desperately needs right now. Deep inside I've ALWAYS loved the Camaro. But 17 years ago I swore GM off after the bad experience I had with my 1996 Chevy Beretta GT and have owned nothing but perfectly reliable Hondas since.

With GM having gone through a "renovation" after BK, and the Camaro looking and driving better than ever, I really do want one and want to trust GM again. I really want to give them another chance.

Then when I read about your situation it just makes me pause and take a step back.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:16 PM   #149
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1&6 View Post
I do believe that someone else has said this but we paid for a premium color and they couldn't even make sure it was right !!. I'm sure that there are a lot of mosiac black cars that have the same issues and they don't even know it , it's such a shame because your right the color where its good on my car is awesome and looks amazing in the light.
I think I would have to get a private offer for this to work out best for both of us.
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
Old 04-10-2016, 06:54 PM   #150
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
And there are some on this very forum who defend the slovenly appearance by these people building $40k+ cars.

GM really needs to be held to an unconscionably high standard by the general public and its customers now that they've gone through bankruptcy and used taxpayer money to do so.

There were A LOT of people who said "f 'em" when Rick Wagoner begged the American people for money. Me personally, I was exactly on both sides of the fence. On one hand, yes they were far too big to let fail and if we did it would have driven the American economy further into recession/depression. Especially knowing all the suppliers would have died too, which would have hurt a lot of other car companies because they all share a lot of components from the same suppliers.

But on the other hand, GM caused most of their problems that led to the bankruptcy themselves, and poor paint work on these new Camaros and GM/dealer refusing to make it right with the customer is EXACTLY what was going on in the dark old days at GM.

People in high places at GM are hopefully reading this and understand we do not have short term memory loss.

I am the type of customer GM desperately needs right now. Deep inside I've ALWAYS loved the Camaro. But 17 years ago I swore GM off after the bad experience I had with my 1996 Chevy Beretta GT and have owned nothing but perfectly reliable Hondas since.

With GM having gone through a "renovation" after BK, and the Camaro looking and driving better than ever, I really do want one and want to trust GM again. I really want to give them another chance.

Then when I read about your situation it just makes me pause and take a step back.
Me thinks you judge people to harshly. Slovenly? Apparently you think folks on the line all wear white lab coats?
Old 04-10-2016, 07:10 PM   #151
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Slovenly? Apparently you think folks on the line all wear white lab coats?
they do in the Honda plants....
Old 04-10-2016, 07:17 PM   #152
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
they do in the Honda plants....
White uniforms actually. Not lab coats. But please go ahead and explain how that helps improve a paint job.

Quick look shows Nissan, Hyundai and MB plants are pretty much like every US auto plant.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:22 PM   #153
fastball
Banned

Quote:
White uniforms actually. Not lab coats. But please go ahead and explain how that helps improve a paint job.
Been through this before and I stand by every comment I've made in this topic unwaveringly....

It is a proven fact as many business case studies have shown, if you've ever taken a business management class, that when employees are in a coherent uniform they feel more part of the team and will in general have a more positive attitude about their job than if when uniforms are not required.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:25 PM   #154
fastball
Banned

Quote:

Quick look shows Nissan, Hyundai and MB plants are pretty much like every US auto plant.
Better check which plants those MB pictures were taken from. The MB plants in Germany do have uniforms.

Closed Thread