Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-28-2015, 07:47 AM   #239
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
29:59 and then do it again, now that's something to shoot for!
Shouldn't that be $29.59?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #240
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnydurden View Post
But you will appreciate the HOA when your neighbor lets the front of their house look like a forest or they have 10 cars on lawn like a used car dealership!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy_cowboy View Post
No, not at all. Even in those extreme, unlikely scenarios I think many of us value personal property rights over the right to punish your neighbor for not using his own property how you think he ought to.
Cowboy - most HOAs are in place (in theory) to preserve your personal property "rights". It ensures that your neighborhood will look good and be a comfortable place to live, thus preserving the value of your property. Presumably (since we are free to live where we choose) people who live where there are HOAs are in agreement that they will (and want to) abide by those rules. If Joe Junkman moves in that neighborhood and refuses to abide by the HOA, it is he who is trampling the rights of his neighbors... not the other way around.

Joe needs to pack up his junk and move to a place where his neighbor's property looks like crap... that way he'll fit right in and no one will care.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 01-28-2015, 09:18 AM   #241
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T View Post
We passed on a house we really liked because the HOA rules were 27 pages long. There weren't a lot of weird rules, but they were detailed---too detailed. The real deal breaker was that garage doors could not be left open unless a vehicle was entering or exiting the garage and you couldn't do any type of vehicle maintenance in the driveway.
The only HOA rule that caused me grief was the no forward facing garage door rule. The way the property is laid out, I had no choice but to have the detached we built face the street and have a front entry door, so I had a special door built based on a modified set of french doors. Cost more money, and not as convenient as a garage door. Outside of that, no other problems.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:02 AM   #242
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
I think we can all agree that HOAs exist for a good reason. The problem starts when one neighbor decides to be judge, juror and executioner.... and then nitpicks about every minor little thing. Especially if they decide to target one individual.

Judging from the video, I don't think the OPs car is affecting property values, nor do I think it's too loud. Unless the OP has been racing up and down the street, I don't see any problem at all. He is young, he lives in a nice house and drives a great car - think that neighbor might be a little jealous?.. perfect recipe for a nutty neighbor to begin looking for trouble.

We don't know the whole story, nor do we know the written rules of the HOA. Based on what we do know, I wouldn't change my car at all. I would spend a couple hundred and have an attorney go over the HOA rules, and I'd probably complain to the HOA the next time the neighbor fires up his mower.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:31 AM   #243
_Onyx_Wolf_
Onyx_Z7 <— Instagram

Drives: 2013 2ss 1le
do burnouts next to the kids bedroom at night lmao
_Onyx_Wolf_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:23 AM   #244
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
I went back and listened to the OP's exhaust again, and i gotta say, it's not that loud.

And please, no more comments about California -- i live here and on my block there are 4 car enthusiasts (i'm not counting myself) with show cars. My husband had a '33 bucket-t with exposed engine, now THAT was loud. Sometimes he would fire it up at 6 AM to take it work just for fun. The guy two houses down works on his Schiada on the weekends and that sucker is loud. My next door neighbor has a super clean '57 Chevy that he occasionally drives to his work - so yeah, don't blame California - blame your neighbors. They have no idea what loud is.

But most important: when you go buy YOUR first home, do so in a neighborhood where there are others who share your interests.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #245
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
That sux. Good thing i didn't go through that when i had my SS. My neighbors had a custom build 4th gen Z28 a few yrs back. No one complained about it so i decided to go loud on the SS.

Now, i want my truck to be loud but am new to the scene so still can't decide what to throw on her.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:53 PM   #246
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
lol > neighbors.
they all pretend to be angels. too bad about the HOA. I would never enter a nazi neighborhood with a bunch of do-gooders running a witch hunt 24/7.
I probably don't make my retired cop neighbor happy with my NPP backed up to his bedrooms but then his three Victory Motorcycles all vibrate my entire house. So it's a trade off. The rental on the opposite has white carpets ( genius install ) therefore I get the 120db carpet cleaner truck for three hours a day each month.
And the folks across the way are one of those local bar band types who insist on one or two rehearsals per week WITH THE FRONT DOOR OPEN. They think it is doing us all a favor to get a free concert. Same ten songs. Not well sung either. For over ten years. Roofer dude / drug dealer down the street always like to do about 50mph to get to his house. So I revert back to point # 1. lol > neighbors.
Attached Images

snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:14 PM   #247
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Yeah, it certainly doesn't make sense to have any control over that.
Sounds like they all take turns making each other miserable. That's certainly exercising their "rights" and freedoms. I hope they are happy with it.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:29 PM   #248
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
What is a HOA?

Old 01-28-2015, 03:30 PM   #249
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
What is a HOA?

Home owners association.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:34 PM   #250

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS 6A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
if you want to live in an area with crime, low property values, or old run down small houses than you could find something without an HOA. but around my area if it's nice, the people who live there will have formed an HOA to keep it that way. your pretty hard pressed to find a place without one unless you want to live on a main road.

Sure pal, whatever you want to tell yourself to justify your HOA deciesion, how's that working out for ya now ?

My house is 1400 square ft, in a normal suburb, no HOA, houses were built in 1960 - 1970 , and they all have character and look pretty nice. House values have been going up since 1960 when they were built beside that little slump in 2008 .
191185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:39 PM   #251
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
What is a HOA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Home owners association.
Yeah. It's a group comprised of the property owners in a development, neighborhood, condo complex, etc. There is usually a handful of "directors" or board members who oversee the meetings, complaints, suggestions, etc., and "enforce" the rules by providing offenders with written warnings to correct whatever the issue is. Many HOAs can legally fine offenders and even put liens on properties if the offender refuses to comply.

Every property owner (or head of the residence) is supposed to sign a HOA agreement, stating he/she and all residents of the dwelling will abide by the rules set forth in the agreement. Some of the rules can be pretty petty but for the most part they are put in place to ensure people keep their property looking neat and well kept, and do not participate in activities that might disturb their neighbors. Most HOAs are well intended and reasonable, but a few are just ridiculous.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:48 PM   #252
SoCalCamaro93

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2011 RS (past)
^^ yeah my HOA is pretty strict however, our neighbors are on the board and get everything approved for us. This guys neighbors are just a bunch of jerks. My neighborhood is composed of three other camaros, a SRT challenger, two ninjas and a couple of corvettes. NONE are stock so our neighborhood is used to the loud vehicles. Just gotta find some chill neighbors. Also, my next door neighbor has a wrx and it's sounds like an obnoxious go-cart lol.

Past: 2011 RS, 2013 ZL1
Current: 2016 2SS
SoCalCamaro93 is offline   Reply With Quote