Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Am I the only one that doesn't care about gas prices?

I'm still going to go to school, run errands and do everything I do. If someone asked me how much gas was i honestly have no clue and no it's not because I am some millionaire and don't look at what i spend my $$$ on.
I also have no clue how much a gallon of milk costs. I know the Wally world brand milk is the cheapest and i pick up a couple gallons every time i go grocery shopping.
Who cares what it costs I'm still going to buy it.

People who are freaking out about gas should buy an electric car. Honestly if I wasn't into fast cars I would so jump on an electric car.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #2
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
What kind of "fast car" do you drive?
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
The only thing I can suggest is that you pay more attention to the world around you then!

Gas prices are only the tip of the iceburg so to speak. The cost of fuel effects almost every facet of daily life, and is an indicator of a massive increase to prices on virtually every product on the market.

Eventually the prices get to the point where people slow down consumption - which puts a halt to economic growth, employment, and the future of our country and other countries now that we have a more global economy.

Your statement just shows where a large portion of the problem is. people don't pay attention because it doesn't affect them yet. When people don't care, don't pay attention, and generally just don't give a *%(@!#$ the world in general suffers.

Thank you for your disinterest.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
What kind of "fast car" do you drive?
I have an SS waiting to be shipped and drive my turbo truck right now. They aren't the fastest in the world, but they are/will be fast enough to put a smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post
The only thing I can suggest is that you pay more attention to the world around you then!

Gas prices are only the tip of the iceburg so to speak. The cost of fuel effects almost every facet of daily life, and is an indicator of a massive increase to prices on virtually every product on the market.

Eventually the prices get to the point where people slow down consumption - which puts a halt to economic growth, employment, and the future of our country and other countries now that we have a more global economy.

Your statement just shows where a large portion of the problem is. people don't pay attention because it doesn't affect them yet. When people don't care, don't pay attention, and generally just don't give a *%(@!#$ the world in general suffers.

Thank you for your disinterest.
I know it is affecting our economy. I don't care about gas prices because I have no problem with them going up. I think we should have better public transportation and more alternative energy cars and the only thing that i think will make that happen is making gas more expensive. Just like cigarette prices have forced some people to quit smoking.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I quite smoking cigarettes simply because they started making me feel like , the price never stopped me.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
TOMS1SS

Drives: NA
Its not the biggest worry I have, although I'll admit I have the luxary of having a Fiesta as daily driver and get mileage reimburisement. Either way I wasn't hurting at $3 dollars a gallon when my Camaro was my daily driver and it wouldn't have become a dire financial issue until $7 or $8 dollars a gallon. Problem is people are so worried because they already spend every dollar they have not factoring in the price of everything including gas goes up with time. I know its not always possible but a lot of people could easily have a could couple $100 extra dollars a month that would easily control a hike in gas prices if some self control was exercised.
TOMS1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #7
TOMS1SS

It also doesn't help that our own domestic automakers are helping fuel gas price increases by flooding markets like China with new cars. You can in fact blame US capitalism for canibalizing itself by exporting too much ourselves overseas in general. Not only can you expect higher gas prices, expect high food prices since the demand overseas will be much greater in the future.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
Cristoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
I have an SS waiting to be shipped and drive my turbo truck right now. They aren't the fastest in the world, but they are/will be fast enough to put a smile on my face.

I know it is affecting our economy. I don't care about gas prices because I have no problem with them going up. I think we should have better public transportation and more alternative energy cars and the only thing that i think will make that happen is making gas more expensive. Just like cigarette prices have forced some people to quit smoking.
The price of cigarettes never created an oppresive drain on an entire populous - The price of gas however, does.

Try and think of people that may be struggling a bit more than you are. A man making a modest wage and having a 30-40 mile commute is going to get hit MUCH harder than a kid going to college with no significant expenses, no family to support, and no other obligations other than his own small part of the world.

Come back and say you don't care when you are 35, have a house, wife, 2 kids, and have an obligation to provide for them. Your eyes will open then.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #9
TOMS1SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoff View Post
The price of cigarettes never created an oppresive drain on an entire populous - The price of gas however, does.

Try and think of people that may be struggling a bit more than you are. A man making a modest wage and having a 30-40 mile commute is going to get hit MUCH harder than a kid going to college with no significant expenses, no family to support, and no other obligations other than his own small part of the world.

Come back and say you don't care when you are 35, have a house, wife, 2 kids, and have an obligation to provide for them. Your eyes will open then.
I guess that would say it all wouldn't it, don't be obligated to anyone but yourself? Seriously this part of the problem if your 35, have two kids and mortgage maybe you should have planned ahead a little better? Worst mistake I ever made in my life was getting a nice house with a big fat mortgage and I know first hand how true that is. We're increasingly getting to the point in today's society where its better not to get married, not have kids and not to own a home. Hell the divorce rate is roughly 60% anyways because people have options and don't stick together like Ma and Pa used to. Buying a home isn't worth it unless you can get it on the low end of the market but better pay it off fast because you can't count on a having a single job for 30 years. As for kids....well just look at the morbid increase of college tuition and that will have you begging for sterilization in a heartbeat. Stay young kid seriously, be smart and worry about your self and this gas thing will stay just a flap in the wind....
Old 02-24-2011, 07:47 PM   #10
Cristoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearer2010SS View Post
I guess that would say it all wouldn't it, don't be obligated to anyone but yourself? Seriously this part of the problem if your 35, have two kids and mortgage maybe you should have planned ahead a little better? Worst mistake I ever made in my life was getting a nice house with a big fat mortgage and I know first hand how true that is. We're increasingly getting to the point in today's society where its better not to get married, not have kids and not to own a home. Hell the divorce rate is roughly 60% anyways because people have options and don't stick together like Ma and Pa used to. Buying a home isn't worth it unless you can get it on the low end of the market but better pay it off fast because you can't count on a having a single job for 30 years. As for kids....well just look at the morbid increase of college tuition and that will have you begging for sterilization in a heartbeat. Stay young kid seriously, be smart and worry about your self and this gas thing will stay just a flap in the wind....
Wow, your answer is to just worry about yourself and the hell with everyone else?

This is why I weep for our future.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #11
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Rising gas prices is just a link in the chain. I'm guessing you're too young to have experienced the oil crisis from the '70's (I know I am, but understand it). When gas prices go up, the it costs more for shipping (food, clothing, everything). The costs get handed down to consumers, who end up purchasing less from companies, so jobs have to be cut to be able to earn a profit, so on and so forth. If unemployment goes up w/ the gas prices, we are going to fall back into recession instead of recovering.
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:51 PM   #12
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
I'm not taking sides here but I do agree with him to the extent that I too am tired of the constant bitching about EVERYTHING. Gas goes, food price goes up, population goes up... untill people start doing something besides bitching, were stuck with it.

And lets not kid ourselves for a second, most of us on here drive 30K plus vehicles... is a few extra bucks at the pump going to kill you? No, and if it does, SELL YOUR CAR, You cant afford it but for the love of God, STFU and quit complaining. No one wants to hear it.

Furthermore, the OP wasnt talking about the economy as a whole, he was jsut smply stating he didnt care if gas prices go up, that it wouldnt be a big deal to him.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:00 PM   #13
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I'm not taking sides here but I do agree with him to the extent that I too am tired of the constant bitching about EVERYTHING. Gas goes, food price goes up, population goes up... untill people start doing something besides bitching, were stuck with it.

And lets not kid ourselves for a second, most of us on here drive 30K plus vehicles... is a few extra bucks at the pump going to kill you? No, and if it does, SELL YOUR CAR, You cant afford it but for the love of God, STFU and quit complaining. No one wants to hear it.

Furthermore, the OP wasnt talking about the economy as a whole, he was jsut smply stating he didnt care if gas prices go up, that it wouldnt be a big deal to him.
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 08:03 PM   #14
scrapn4me

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo SS
nope i dont worry about it either. We've never bought a car because of the gas mileage either.

1100, Preliminary order accepted - 11/09/09
2500, Order accepted by GM 11/25/09
3000, Order scheduled for production - 1/11/2010
3300, Order broadcast 12/17/09
3400, Order broadcast - 12/23/09
Found same car on dealers lot 12-30-09 without factory stripes
stripes painted on "69" style 1-11-10
scrapn4me is offline   Reply With Quote