Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016 Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-07-2017, 04:23 PM   #71
KirkH

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Nightfall Grey Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
I just wish someone would make a nice small pickup like they used to. Talking about Ranger, S-10, older Colorado size. What's the point of the new Colorado? At that size and price might as well pick up a Silverado/Ram/F-150.
My wife took one look at the Silverado and said "no way", it was too big, she wouldn't drive it. So we walked over to the Colorados. She said "Now this I could handle."
2016 1LT RS NGM 20,000 miles Elite Eng Catch Can, GM Perf CAI
2002 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 325,000 miles water injection, Greasecar Waste Veggie Oil
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:36 PM   #72
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpang1234 View Post
I have been really thinking about getting a Colorado for a while now...would be nice to have a pickup but I love driving the Camaro so much!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
I just wish someone would make a nice small pickup like they used to. Talking about Ranger, S-10, older Colorado size. What's the point of the new Colorado? At that size and price might as well pick up a Silverado/Ram/F-150.
I bought a used 2015 Colorado crew cab 2x4 with the V6 and locking rear differential (so I at least have a little better traction when needed) 3 or 4 months ago. Loving it so far....My trip to work is fairly decent for getting good mpg, that said I'm averaging 24 - 25 mpg with it, which I'm happy with. Loving everything about it so far, except for the seats, which are too narrow and b/c of that, the left side bolster digs into my thigh (and I'm a slim dude). They are only 4 way seats, so no way to tilt them to help with the pressure. Not sure if the new ones are any better in this area, or if the cloth versions are better. Mine has leather. I have plans to modify the foam in the seat, or do my own DIY dead pedal b/c the one in the truck is basically non-existent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethsupp0rt View Post
The Ranger is coming back next year, but it seems a bit similar to the Colorado, in that it's not really a lot smaller than its larger sibling.
It will be the same size as the current Colorado/Canyon/Tacoma. Lots of people seem to say these trucks are too big, and maybe they are a tad big (I think its perfect for me) but comments saying they are as big as a full size is just wrong. Sure, a crew cab with the 6 foot bed option is probably about as long as a full size extended cab, but the width of the truck is significantly less, and the height is also less as well.

As far as prices, yeah they aren't cheap, but if you option them out similarly to a full size and then go hunting for rebates for both you should be able to get a mid size for a few grand less. The fact is, some people just don't want a fullsize truck...actually lots of people since these trucks are selling so well. I'm one of them.